ADVERTISEMENT

Are you willing to stick with a HC for 9 years for a NC?

UCFhonors

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
Michigan shows what sticking with a HC can do.

UCF built a statue for my UCFriend, George for building our program and for 11 years of service.

Loyalty goes along ways. UCFans want players to be loyal. Then UCFans should show loyalty to coaches and to players.

Be a Real UCFan. And be Loyal.

#UCFacts

:cool:

Worked for Clemson too.

Gus will be the winningest coach in UCF history if given nine* seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFhonors
Worked for Clemson too.

Gus will be the winningest coach in UCF history if given no e seasons.
Before anyone crowns Gus the “winningest in UCF history” let’s see if he can win more conference games than he loses in the next couple of years….if he can’t and since he’ll be approaching end of contract, it’ll be time to usher him out. It's performance over loyalty in the "brave new world" of college football. Either you got it figured out or you don't.

UCF built a statue for my UCFriend, George for building our program and for 11 years of service.

Loyalty goes along ways. UCFans want players to be loyal. Then UCFans should show loyalty to coaches and to players.

#UCFacts

After his losing season, if Gus accepts a huge pay cut then goes 12-2, 13-1 and 14-0 (Natty) the next 3 years, like Harbaugh has, then I'll agree with you. Until then there's no comparison between the two and Gus' ass should be on the hotseat. Every UCFan should demand it.

Harbaugh was willing to adapt especially defensively and voluntarily took a pay cut. Gus has shown to be stubborn and unwilling to yet despite losses piling up. He got a raise.

If he isn’t willing to fire Addison he needs to explain to our soft media what changes are being made to prevent UCF from looking like one of the most pathetic run defenses in America despite having decent talent on the D Line. Also what will change in the Winter strength program bc we have looked Charmin Soft for years

#UCFacts

I will never be as loyal to a coach or player as I am to the UCF football program and what it stands for.

If the program starts standing for doing the same thing and expecting a different result I will shred my degree.

Last edited:
Harbaugh was willing to adapt especially defensively and voluntarily took a pay cut.
Gus's first salary at UCF was $2.5 million, the same salary he made during his first season at Auburn 10 years ago. He could have demanded more and didn't. People with money generally want only one thing.

Harbaugh caved under pressure to save his job.
Gus has shown to be stubborn and unwilling to change yet despite losses piling up. He got a raise.
He wasn't and still isn't making fair market value despite the raise.
If he isn’t willing to fire Addison he needs to explain to our soft media what changes are being made to prevent UCF from looking like one of the most pathetic run defenses in America despite having decent talent on the D Line. Also what will change in the Winter strength program bc we have looked Charmin Soft for years
I wanted Gus to fire Addison AND David Gibbs (the real DC) to hire Gary Patterson, who would have stayed for one season, two max, as DC. It was and still is the obvious play for the reasons I have explained ad nauseum.

However, I would be remiss not to admit that I see significant changes being made to the secondary in terms of personnel with UCF bringing in Cincinnati's top two tacklers and a highly decorated press man corner in addition to adding five high school signees, all of whom are early enrollees.

The front seven is a different issue entirely.

I will never be as loyal to a coach or player as I am to the UCF football program and what it stands for.

If the program starts standing for doing the same thing and expecting a different result I will shred my degree.
Me too!!!

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Gus is loyal to a fault and the organization takes on the personality of the leader, so are you going to root for the gaytors, criminoles, hurrycanes, or cows?

I don't think you're even thinking about firing Gus right now although to me he's left a lot to be desired as a head coach. Give him a chance to show what he can do with his full roster of his guys recruits and transfers, but if we don't have a 10 win season by 2026 he needs to go. If we have a season where we don't make a bowl, he has to go.

Reactions: PositYourself

#UCFacts

Mich shows what cheating can do.

I'm willing, but being a grad of FTU time is more of an issue with me than most on the board.

Mich shows what cheating can do.
I am stuck on this. Harbough is a cheating son of biscuit. I don't think they should have been invited to the invitational.

My dad would always say, Bobby, cheaters never prosper like Mike Brady. I would say to him if he were alive today , but dad cheaters won the national championship game! So, I guess cheaters do prosper. 😆

I would rather have a slow steady build, a real culture and a coach who sees it through along with a fan base that sees it through than quick overnight success. I revel in the 2017 season . It was special but we have declined in some ways since then. We had 3 different coaches and lost our identity quickly. Life is really about the long haul . You need perseverance. You need patience if you want genuine success. I am willing to hold judgement on this staff for 2 more seasons.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN

#UCFacts

Most other programs stuck with their coaches and they didn’t win a
Championship.

True, so what’s your point?

This UCFan wants the players to win, and isn’t as concerned about “loyalty.”

I consider myself a real UCFan and am loyal to my Alma mater, UCF the institution, not as much to individuals as I know they will come and go. The ones that establish themselves as leaders (ie. Dr. John Hitt) and produce beneficial results for UCF are where my loyalties lie, the jury is still out on CGM in my opinion, but the on field results are trending downward. I say this fully cognizant of the step up in competition, and the challenges associated with playing better teams.

silly question. a national championship is promised to no one. a lot of schools would stick with a coach for 20 years if possible. michigan weren't horrible in harbaugh's other 8 years (double digit wins in 6 of his 9 years).

silly question. a national championship is promised to no one. a lot of schools would stick with a coach for 20 years if possible. michigan weren't horrible in harbaugh's other 8 years (double digit wins in 6 of his 9 years).
I knew he had success at Michigan prior to this year, however, implicit in the ops statement about sticking with him was ‘you (UCF) can win a NC.‘ Why else would the op choose him as an example the day after he won a NC?
Btw, what was the silly question?

Most other programs stuck with their coaches and they didn’t win a Championship.
I think his point is NO national championship-winning coach had been with his program fewer than five consecutive seasons before winning the title since Gene Chizik (i.e, GUS MALZAHN) in Year Two!.

Also, at least 1/4 of the P5 coaches who have been at their schools for at least nine years have won a national championship.

Last edited:
I think his point is NO national championship-winning coach had been with his program fewer than five consecutive seasons before winning the title since Gene Chizik (i.e, GUS MALZAHN) in Year Two!.

Also, at least 1/4 of the P5 coaches who have been at their schools for at least nine years have won a national championship.

Dude, you’re on a UCF board, get with the program. Scott Frost won a NC in his second year with the program in 2017.
Frost proved that he could win at a high level here, Heupel proved that he could win at a high level here, Malzahn has not proven he can win at a high level here yet. I like the way he recruits yet I am frustrated with his apparent inability to make effective in game adjustments, lack of sound game clock management and the consistent lack of any meaningful defense in his three years here. Unless the bottom falls out next year I say give him 2 more years to prove he can win here at this level.

Reactions: connerito and Yaes
I knew he had success at Michigan prior to this year, however, implicit in the ops statement about sticking with him was ‘you (UCF) can win a NC.‘ Why else would the op choose him as an example the day after he won a NC?
Btw, what was the silly question?
i think the OP question is silly. you seem to think so to. "Most other programs stuck with their coaches and they didn’t win a Championship." that's why it's silly because double digit wins the majority of a coach's tenure is something most of us would love. we're not expecting a national title, it would be the cherry on top. just seems like a way to excuse gus having the program on a downward trend instead of an upward one ... give him 9 years and he'll win a NC, look at harbaugh at michigan. ok, yeah sure.

Reactions: NestaKnight1
i think the OP question is silly. you seem to think so to. "Most other programs stuck with their coaches and they didn’t win a Championship." that's why it's silly because double digit wins the majority of a coach's tenure is something most of us would love. we're not expecting a national title, it would be the cherry on top. just seems like a way to excuse gus having the program on a downward trend instead of an upward one ... give him 9 years and he'll win a NC, look at harbaugh at michigan. ok, yeah sure.
Wrong person sorry!

Last edited:
Dude, you’re on a UCF board, get with the program. Scott Frost won a NC in his second year with the program in 2017.
Congrats on beating an unmotivated Auburn team with a gimpy running back in bowl game that proved to be the only G5 loss of Gus's career.

Let's freeze frame that moment and live in the past forever. It was only eight years ago. H*ll, Makenzie Milton has a son now.

Frost proved that he could win at a high level here, Heupel proved that he could win at a high level here, Malzahn has not proven he can win at a high level here yet. I like the way he recruits yet I am frustrated with his apparent inability to make effective in game adjustments, lack of sound game clock management and the consistent lack of any meaningful defense in his three years here. Unless the bottom falls out next year I say give him 2 more years to prove he can win here at this level.
Dude, you get real!

Gus already has TWICE as many P5 wins (6) @UCF as your heroes HYPE and the currently unemployed FROST--both of whom used UCF as a stepping stone like an old whore--won combined. Those THREE combined P5 wins 2016-2020 must have been some kind of special.

Gotta put your big boy pants on to play in this league. The cowboy don't always get the girl here in the Real World

Stop worshipping those bastards HYPE and FROST, who UC(F)ED you!

Frost was the greatest coach in UCF history

I don’t care how bad it went once he left

He won FAST w the most entertaining brand of Football
Frost went 2-2 in P5 games. He was only at UCF for two seasons. He did not recruit 57 players on the 2017 team; he inherited them.

Gus won a national championship as an assistant coach at Auburn. When he left to be the head coach at Arkansas State, I stopped following his career. But when he returned to Auburn and led the team the national championship against statistically the greatest team in BCS history, he started winning me over. When he played for an SEC title in 2017 and then almost beat the greatest team in college football history with a true freshman quarterback in 2019, he completely won me over.

During this time, Scott Frost was producing back-to-back-to-back-to-back losing seasons en route to getting his azz fired.

If you forget everything I wrote, remember this...

The greatest coach in college football is employed.

Last edited:
Frost went 2-2 in P5 games. He was only at UCF for two seasons. He did not recruit 57 players on the 2017 team; he inherited them.

Gus won a national championship as an assistant coach at Auburn. When he left to be the head coach at Arkansas State, I stopped following his career. But when he returned to Auburn and led the team the national championship against statistically the greatest team in BCS history, he started winning me over. When he played for an SEC title in 2017 and then almost beat the greatest team in college football history with a true freshman quarterback in 2019, he completely won me over.

During this time, Scott Frost was producing back-to-back-to-back-to-back losing seasons en route to getting his azz fired.

If you forget everything I wrote, remember this...

The greatest coach in college football is employed.
To bad he is employed by Alabama

Congrats on beating an unmotivated Auburn team with a gimpy running back in bowl game that proved to be the only G5 loss of Gus's career.

Let's freeze frame that moment and live in the past forever. It was only eight years ago. H*ll, Makenzie Milton has a son now.

Dude, you get real!

Gus already has TWICE as many P5 wins (6) @UCF as your heroes HYPE and the currently unemployed FROST--both of whom used UCF as a stepping stone like an old whore--won combined. Those THREE combined P5 wins 2016-2020 must have been some kind of special.

Gotta put your big boy pants on to play in this league. The cowboy don't always get the girl here in the Real World

Stop worshipping those bastards HYPE and FROST, who UC(F)ED you!
You made a statement, I proved it to be inaccurate. I don’t care about your widdle feelings. Stating facts does not amount to worshipping our former coaches.

You made a statement, I proved it to be inaccurate. I don’t care about your widdle feelings. Stating facts does not amount to worshipping our former coaches. Btw, I also don’t care what Gus did before he got here. I’m concerned about what he has done and not done since he’s been here, sorry but his overall body of work since arriving at UCF is mediocre.

You made a statement, I proved it to be inaccurate. I don’t care about your widdle feelings. Stating facts does not amount to worshipping our former coaches.
I am idiot for entertaining this argument.

A man with one losing season in a decade of coaching is better than a man with one winning season in less than a decade of being allowed to coach.

A more with more than 100 career wins (66 more wins than the other guy) is better at coaching than a man with 35 career wns against 38 career losses.
Btw, I also don’t care what Gus did before he got here. I’m concerned about what he has done and not done since he’s been here, sorry but his overall body of work since arriving at UCF is mediocre.
Gus has two winning seasons and more career victories at UCF than Scott Frost. Gus's WORST season of his career is Frost's second best season of his career. Gus's WORST loss of his time at Auburn is Frost's biggest win of his career.

Love him or hate him, Gus is going to win a national championship that is recognized outside the State of Orlando and City of Indianapolis.
chill Kristi, you know Gus isn't winning a national championship ... come on. we'll be lucky if he wins a big 12 title.

Reactions: Yaes
Harbaugh was willing to adapt especially defensively and voluntarily took a pay cut. Gus has shown to be stubborn and unwilling to yet despite losses piling up. He got a raise.

As you know, my UCFriend, I always say HC get too much credit and criticism. Coordinators don't get enough.

Addison needs to go.

#UCFacts

Most other programs stuck with their coaches and they didn’t win a
Championship.

True, so what’s your point?

This UCFan wants the players to win, and isn’t as concerned about “loyalty.”

I consider myself a real UCFan and am loyal to my Alma mater, UCF the institution, not as much to individuals as I know they will come and go. The ones that establish themselves as leaders (ie. Dr. John Hitt) and produce beneficial results for UCF are where my loyalties lie, the jury is still out on CGM in my opinion, but the on field results are trending downward. I say this fully cognizant of the step up in competition, and the challenges associated with playing better teams.

I have been very vocal about loyality. Too many college athletic programs scapegoat HC for larger issues. Heck for most of D1 history, basketball teams would cut half of their players.

If we expect loyalty of players we, UCF as institution need to be loyal to our coaches. We have a good track record. Let's not change that.

Let's honor our contract. But also stop with these stupid long extensions. Nothing should be over 5 years.

#UCFacts

:cool

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT