ADVERTISEMENT

Army Navy

So army somehow can shut down the Navy jet sweep over and over and UCF couldn’t stop it once?

Exactly. That’s because the 2018 UCF defense isn’t that good. 2017’s was clearly better. We better clean that up for the Bowl game and for the 2019 season
Navy had 3 fewer points and more yardage against ucf in 2017.

Navy had 3 fewer points and more yardage against ucf in 2017.
Last year we gave up 159 yards per game running the ball and this year 229 yards per game.

The statement was about our rushing defense.

Memphis had the most yards running the ball in the first half out of ANY FBS team this year

We are ranked 117th in the FBS in rushing defense. That has to get better

Last year we gave up 159 yards per game running the ball and this year 229 yards per game.

The statement was about our rushing defense.

Memphis had the most yards running the ball in the first half out of ANY FBS team this year

We are ranked 117th in the FBS in rushing defense. That has to get better
I was responding to the question of how Army was able to stop Navy while UCF couldn’t apparently (although UCF won comfortably). Army forced 4 turnovers. That’s how they did it. They also have 10 wins and haven’t allowed more than 22 points in regulation of any of their past 11 games (and they played Oklahoma). So their defense is pretty much excellent

I was responding to the question of how Army was able to stop Navy while UCF couldn’t apparently (although UCF won comfortably). Army forced 4 turnovers. That’s how they did it. They also have 10 wins and haven’t allowed more than 22 points in regulation of any of their past 11 games (and they played Oklahoma). So their defense is pretty much excellent
DC just got hired by UNC too

I’m sure it is, but our defense definitely needs to get better. Props to Army, but In all honesty and even a bit arrogantly, a Florida school in the FBS should have a better defense than a military Academy with all their restrictions. We should have better athletes with more speed and more size. I can see a triple option offense being effective, but defense is different. They aren’t doing anything way out there.

So the argument is why can Army stop something that Navy is doing offensively and UCF can’t?

Other than seeing it more, they shouldn’t be. Maybe that’s the only answer.

In conclusion, our defense will catch up with us eventually if something doesn’t change

Last edited:
I’m sure it is, but our defense definitely needs to get better. Props to Army, but In all honesty and even a bit arrogantly, a Florida school in the FBS should have a better defense than a military Academy with all their restrictions. We should have better athletes with more speed and more size. I can see a triple option offense being effective, but defense is different. They aren’t doing anything way out there.

So the argument is why can Army stop something that Navy is doing offensively and UCF can’t?

Other than seeing it more, they shouldn’t be. Maybe that’s the only answer.

In conclusion, our defense will catch up with us eventually if something doesn’t change
Army has a top 10 defense in yards allowed and forced 4 turnovers. They are a better defense than UCF. They also play a triple option ball control offense which benefits their defensive numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT