ADVERTISEMENT

Article about recruiting rankings by coach in Florida

I think the link is wrong.

Nevertheless, I read that same article earlier today and I think those "rankings" are garbage and are another back handed attempt to get back at UCF because they didn't kiss Caesars ring.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Here's 2 quotes to completely invalidate this moronic article

247Sports national experts

Heupel is easily the least known

You're not an expert if you don't know the ****ing subject matter!

Oh gee, I'm a brain expert but know absolutely nothing about the hippocampus. Uh, then you're not a ****ing expert.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
Here's 2 quotes to completely invalidate this moronic article

247Sports national experts

Heupel is easily the least known

You're not an expert if you don't know the ****ing subject matter!

Oh gee, I'm a brain expert but know absolutely nothing about the hippocampus. Uh, then you're not a ****ing expert.
They aren’t necessarily wrong. Chill.

That seems about right. It doesn't seem to be based on just this year. I think it is based on each coach's recruiting history. And since Josh has no history as a head coach, and the most limited history overall as a coach compared to the others, I think the ranking is fair. I love Charlie, but I might have even moved him down below Lane and Butch. He never struck me as a great recruiter. Runs a super clean program, but average recruiter in my opinion.

So Willie Taggart is a top choice because he has _________? Trying to fill in the blanks but the truth is that he has accomplished very little in his career. The guy can recruit, but has not proved he can coach yet. He and Charlie Strong are very similar in their resume. Neither has won any significant championships. Both had short tenures at programs that improved, but nothing spectacular.

Richt is a great coach no doubt. He should be at the top. They are also correct to Heupel on the bottom because he is an unknown quantity. I would put Kiffen below both Davis and Strong.

As a recruiting ranking I guess I could get behind these numbers

Last edited:
So Willie Taggart is a top choice because he has _________? Trying to fill in the blanks but the truth is that he has accomplished very little in his career. The guy can recruit, but has not proved he can coach yet. He and Charlie Strong are very similar in their resume. Neither has won any significant championships. Both had short tenures at programs that improved, but nothing spectacular.

Richt is a great coach no doubt. He should be at the top. They are also correct to Heupel on the bottom because he is an unknown quantity. I would put Kiffen below both Davis and Strong.

Strong has a better resume than taggart by far, even with the Texas debacle. I believe taggart has never beaten a top 20 team and only 2 or 3 top 25 teams.

College football coaching is about never failing. Once you haven't succeeded someplace, you get a taint. The fans want the coach that has potential and has never failed. Strong and Right have that taint, Taggart doesn't because he's out the door at the first sign of any success. Even Heupel has a taint because he "failed" at Oklahoma. If Frost "fails" at Nobraska, UCF nation won't want any of their coaches back even though they were successful here.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
College football coaching is about never failing. Once you haven't succeeded someplace, you get a taint. The fans want the coach that has potential and has never failed. Strong and Right have that taint, Taggart doesn't because he's out the door at the first sign of any success. Even Heupel has a taint because he "failed" at Oklahoma. If Frost "fails" at Nobraska, UCF nation won't want any of their coaches back even though they were successful here.
yeah there is no where else for Slick Willie to go at this point but down if he doesn't see though his hype from Recruiting. Either ACC titles and a Natty in a couple years in Tally or he's a RB Coach at Bama or Georgia in the future.

Reactions: Crazyhole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT