ADVERTISEMENT

Article from Juan Toribio about which coaches might stay versus leave.

I probably will be reported and banned, but I don't care. I'm just tired of reading all the troll posts, even those that try to hide their true intentions behind patronizing BS. The difference is I am not on your boards posing questions such as "do you really think Scott Frost is the answer to your all the problems Nebraska football is experiencing?" But I'm not because I'm not a douche, soooooo....

THIS!!!

He will be fine at QB. Tristan Gebbia can run this offense or Joe Burrow who is currently at Ohio State is a prospect as well. Gebbia will have a learning curve but is athletic enough to run this.

What Frost does need, a Tackle and a Running Back. I don’t think we have a back on staff that can truly thrive.
TBH I think ol is where we will still struggle next year.
Much like we did last year. I saw Gebbia, hes not too bad, we recruited him too so i saw film. I do really think he needs a better QB than that. If he brings Verduzco (qb coach), you guys should be better tho.

I probably will be reported and banned, but I don't care. I'm just tired of reading all the troll posts, even those that try to hide their true intentions behind patronizing BS. The difference is I am not on your boards posing questions such as "do you really think Scott Frost is the answer to your all the problems Nebraska football is experiencing?" But I'm not because I'm not a douche, soooooo....
You can look at my posts, I have not trolled once, nor been disrespectful.

Yeah, outside of Tyjon Lindsay, there isnt much to gawk over.

I think JD Spielman will thrive. I think we are “ok” at receiver and “Good” if Morgan comes back. We are short at the corner spot.

I think we will be “ok” at OLB. On Saturday, I’m most excited to see the UCF D to see how I think Nebraska’s talent fits.

I honestly think Gebbia is gonna be really really good. I think they will go after Burrow no matter what. We shall see. I could see Burrow going to UF as well.

Reactions: NU_FTW
Yeah, outside of Tyjon Lindsay, there isnt much to gawk over.
Lol, maybe you should look to see who lead all of Freshman in receiving yards this year, without even playing in a couple games because of injury. WR's are loaded, RB's are okay, QB talent is good, however only Gebbia will be able to run Scott's offense. The spots that need help are LB, and DE/OLB.

Juan’s post was slightly confusing. So Frost and Chinander are the only ones who will leave the team before the bowl game? And they are leaving to recruit for Nebraska?
All the other coaches mentioned like Held and Duval and Austin will stay the extra 4 weeks for the bowl game?

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I think JD Spielman will thrive. I think we are “ok” at receiver and “Good” if Morgan comes back. We are short at the corner spot.

I think we will be “ok” at OLB. On Saturday, I’m most excited to see the UCF D to see how I think Nebraska’s talent fits.

I honestly think Gebbia is gonna be really really good. I think they will go after Burrow no matter what. We shall see. I could see Burrow going to UF as well.

I honestly believe that with Chin as DC they get hammered in that conference. If they weren't best friends would he even be going??

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Your telling me Frost cannot pick up the phone and call the >25 people who made verbal commitments to Nebraska? He cannot pick up the phone and call the...maybe 15-40 kids that are uncommitted that Nebraska might be interested in?

Frost can go...everyone else needs to stay for the bowl game.

That's exactly what I am saying. It is going to be getting in the homes of the kids, and not talking to them over the phone. I am not saying it sucks for UCF, but it isn't low class. Recruiting is going to be the first thing he has to do to get the program going at Nebraska, and can't waste time. It's not that hard of a concept. I'm not trying to be a dick. The same thing is going to go on with you. You are going to have to get in front of the kids who you are chasing with the new coach, especially if it is an outsider. A phone call and 1 guy is not going to cut it. Nebraska is different as well, as we are going to have to go to Florida, Georgia, Texas, Cali, etc.

A phone call and 1 guy is not going to cut it. Nebraska is different as well, as we are going to have to go to Florida, Georgia, Texas, Cali, etc.

His slip out the back abrupt, leave us hanging, exit cannot be good for NU recruiting............

First sentence in red is the UCF writer not me. Second, the reason I asked if Troy Walters would be offered the job is because it does not look like Scott is taking him.

First sentence in red was posted by you. Second, I don't care what you said after that...troll. Like I said, sick of all the Nebraska fans asking questions on our board. Contemplate your future with your fans. If you're that inrested in what we have to say you need more friends.

His slip out the back abrupt, leave us hanging, exit cannot be good for NU recruiting............

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens. That is for sure. I'm not sure it is viewed that way from other angles, but could be wrong.

I honestly believe that with Chin as DC they get hammered in that conference. If they weren't best friends would he even be going??
I have to admit, I am not excited by the news of Chin coming here. Maybe it wasn't coaching but talent that has caused your secondary to be what it is, it is hard saying. I certainly have not been impressed by your defense that is for sure. This is not meant as a slight, just talking football and technique, you are all still 11-0 playing for a CCG and potential NY6 game.

This. I’m not sold on this either. The first thing news reporters said about our move from B12 to Big 10 was the OL look like 30 year old grown ass men.

The issue is, IMO this 3-4 version is designed to make a team earn its way down the field. It struggles when you are getting blugeoned via power run.

Reactions: NU_FTW
Awesome! They had a post/tribute to me. I guess next ill be getting a contract to go to my dream residence in Lincoln, Nebraska. Can't wait
and one of the posters said they dont post negatively about UCF over there.:rolleyes:
Id like to tag the mod about it but the trolls are working on watering down its meaning. by the time Frost is hired, Mikesi, myself and knighthammer won't access the board.**

I have to admit, I am not excited by the news of Chin coming here. Maybe it wasn't coaching but talent that has caused your secondary to be what it is, it is hard saying. I certainly have not been impressed by your defense that is for sure. This is not meant as a slight, just talking football and technique, you are all still 11-0 playing for a CCG and potential NY6 game.
theyre bff's

First sentence in red was posted by you. Second, I don't care what you said after that...troll. Like I said, sick of all the Nebraska fans asking questions on our board. Contemplate your future with your fans. If you're that inrested in what we have to say you need more friends.
I copied and pasted, I did not write that. Also, Sorry if a rational conversation without insults from a fan from another team bothers you. Ever since Frost went to UCF I rooted for your team. and even watched games if Nebraska was on the road and we weren't playing at the same time.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I said from the beginning that I didn't want the DC. But at this point it is a wait and see. Maybe he will surprise me. I for one will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I copied and pasted, I did not write that. Also, Sorry if a rational conversation without insults from a fan from another team bothers you. Ever since Frost went to UCF I rooted for your team. and even watched games if Nebraska was on the road and we weren't playing at the same time.

Good for you. I just hit the ignore button for you...

theyre bff's
I know, so was Riley and Banker and that didn't turn out very well. Time will tell, might have just not had the right guys in to fit Chin's scheme so he was making due. It will be interesting to see who you guys end up hiring. I hope it is a P5 OC so you guys don't skip a beat.

Do you think the kids Dan Mullen was recruiting at Miss St. dont feel shafted because he made in home visits and etc.. only to leave and go to Florida? What about Kevin Sumlin and his recruits? You dont think those kids wont feel shafted because the University fired the Coach they wanted to play for?

Guys, this is the nature of the business. It happens at every University that plays football and does active recruiting. UCF isn't the first team to go through it.

Aside from that, its not always common that the coach stays till the bowl game. And considering the approval of the early signing period for december... Should you really be so shocked that any coach wouldn't leave, bowl game or not? You cant expect Scott Frost or any other HC to willingly opt out of a crucial part of the recruiting cycle for his next job to keep coaching his former team. I wouldn't expect him to do it if he were leaving Neb for a different job. And I wouldn't hold it against him either.

We all know it sucks. But every kid wanting to play football at the collegiate level knows this happens and its a gamble. Scott Frost didn't recruit kids to UCF all while knowing he might be taking another position at another university that same year. He didn't mislead anyone.

Reactions: ltophoj21
Maybe it wasn't coaching but talent that has caused your secondary to be what it is, it is hard saying.

No way, defensive mismatches in the USF game completely and undeniably on the coaches!!!!

No way, defensive mismatches in the USF game completely and undeniably on the coaches!!!!
There was also some seriously horrible blown coverage and big misses as well. I suppose that could be on the coaching for the poor execution, I believe it isn't as simple as placing blame square on any one persons shoulders in this situation, however the DC is responsible for everyone under him. Time will tell. One thing is for sure is it will be very interesting to watch UCF and NU next year, and see what has changed, what is similar to previous stops, how UCF manages to keep the train moving down the tracks etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT