ADVERTISEMENT

Article from Juan Toribio about which coaches might stay versus leave.

Hate to say it Frost, but it won't be fun trying to rebuild Nebraska. In fact, many say it likely can't be done. But whatever dude, cya.

People that say it can't be done said Bama would never be back as well. Basically people that don't know what they'r talking about.

Reactions: NU_FTW
People that say it can't be done said Bama would never be back as well. Basically people that don't know what they'r talking about.
Bama is within a couple of hours of the Florida border, Georgia, and reasonable distance to Louisiana. Their recruiting radius within 400 miles dwarfs Nebraska's

Reactions: Minn1954
Washington States recruiting base is not good how do you explain them? All it takes is the right coach at the right time with players that fit the system.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Do you think the kids Dan Mullen was recruiting at Miss St. dont feel shafted because he made in home visits and etc.. only to leave and go to Florida? What about Kevin Sumlin and his recruits? You dont think those kids wont feel shafted because the University fired the Coach they wanted to play for?

Guys, this is the nature of the business. It happens at every University that plays football and does active recruiting. UCF isn't the first team to go through it.

Aside from that, its not always common that the coach stays till the bowl game. And considering the approval of the early signing period for december... Should you really be so shocked that any coach wouldn't leave, bowl game or not? You cant expect Scott Frost or any other HC to willingly opt out of a crucial part of the recruiting cycle for his next job to keep coaching his former team. I wouldn't expect him to do it if he were leaving Neb for a different job. And I wouldn't hold it against him either.

We all know it sucks. But every kid wanting to play football at the collegiate level knows this happens and its a gamble. Scott Frost didn't recruit kids to UCF all while knowing he might be taking another position at another university that same year. He didn't mislead anyone.

They give us grief for firing Bo not realizing he had his agent show interest to Miami, Tennessee and Penn St's openings. They would have fired Bo too.

Bama is within a couple of hours of the Florida border, Georgia, and reasonable distance to Louisiana. Their recruiting radius within 400 miles dwarfs Nebraska's

People were saying you couldn't recruit to Bama anymore when they were down. People were saying Bama was done.

Washington States recruiting base is not good how do you explain them? All it takes is the right coach at the right time with players that fit the system.
Because they play a bunch of teams who also have a hard time recruiting. California prospects are soft as butter. They also can hand pick in state talent (which they still have more of than you) along with Washington. Thats also why when they play real teams, as washingston and oregon have shown, they get walloped.

I copied and pasted, I did not write that. Also, Sorry if a rational conversation without insults from a fan from another team bothers you. Ever since Frost went to UCF I rooted for your team. and even watched games if Nebraska was on the road and we weren't playing at the same time.
enough, just leave...

There was also some seriously horrible blown coverage and big misses as well.

I am not freaking out about giving up 42 to USF. I am not a football expert, but I believe we may have tried to change up our defense from what we normally play.

UCF seems to play a lot of man coverage. Listening to multiple broadcasters on other college games, they talk about how it is more difficult to contain a mobile quarterback in man coverage because defensive backs, and even LBs are following the receiver and often have their back to the line of scrimmage.

On at least one of USF's TD's, you could see Jasinski (middle LB) exasperated that the receiver was not picked up by a safety. That blown coverage could be the result of a lack of practice in playing zone.

The frustrating part is that playing man didn't seem to help our ability to tackle Flowers when he did run.

Not trolling you whatsoever, but it isn't really low class. It has everything to do with recruiting, and the early signing period. I think you would see this even at UCF. I think they are going to try to get their guy in place ASAP so the recruits know, and that they can make sure they hit all of the kids who plan on signing by the 20th. This is the reality in CFB these days.

Exactly this..... Nebraska has to 'get on with it' with their new staff.....AND UCF needs to vacate the place ....get their NEW Coaches in place and 'Get on with it'

The BEST thing that the current coaching staff can do is move on ASAP after the CC game. ONE month is a LONG time to dead sit a program....and it would really hurt UCF.

Reactions: smhowla

Maybe you can get Lane Kiffin as your coach,Hell he and his dad Monte are from Nebraska.

Reactions: NU_FTW
Maybe you can get Lane Kiffin as your coach,Hell he and his dad Monte are from Nebraska.

They just did a interview on him recently I think on ESPN.com and he actually seemed to have matured a bit. I think he thoroughly enjoys being out of the spot light minus the trolling he does on twitter(which I think is funny af). I know that sounds a bit contradictory...

Monte needs to stay out of coaching. That last stint...

Any team can have a good year or two.

If you suspect WSU will be PAC Twelve competitive for a decade you are truly a brick.

They give us grief for firing Bo not realizing he had his agent show interest to Miami, Tennessee and Penn St's openings. They would have fired Bo too.

Every athletic department run by people in their right mind would have fired Pelini (and probably a year earlier).

He will be fine at QB. Tristan Gebbia can run this offense or Joe Burrow who is currently at Ohio State is a prospect as well. Gebbia will have a learning curve but is athletic enough to run this.

What Frost does need, a Tackle and a Running Back. I don’t think we have a back on staff that can truly thrive.
TBH I think ol is where we will still struggle next year.

I am just another one of those trolling Husker Fans. Just checking what assistants MAY come. Here is what I know or think I know. Scott Frost is still the UCF coach. Until I see him in a nice new suit wearing a red tie and talking to the press at his introduction in Lincoln I am not going to believe it until I see it. (Live in Eastern Washington and last night Mike Leach was a Vol). Scott seems pretty honorable. Does anyone seriously think he is going to wreck UCF's chances at winning a bowl game by taking coaches too early to Nebraska? About our DB coach Williams. Many on the Husker Board think he will be retained as he is suppose to be a great recruiter. Did any of you watch our games? Our supposedly young star cornerback either thought he was Deion or just didn't want to get his uniform dirty because he sure didn't tackle. DBs were terrible. UCF can have him, but you don't want him. Buckeye's Qb Joe Burrow (he's a Husker legacy) coming to the Huskers? I just checked the internet and didn't see anything indicating he was on the move.

Good luck tomorrow. I won't be sitting in your stands waving a sign "Scott Come Home". Should be fun game. I think it is going to be 80 degrees. Here in the Northwest our mountains have something foreign to you Floridians. Its called Snow! and I am going skiing. See Ya
I

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT