ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Mayor Backtracks, “Enough is Enough”

You just answered your own question but you're afraid to admit it.
Ha, I'd be willing to make a sizable bet that if those yahoos and their rifles had been confronted by police in riot gear at the State Capital, their peaceful protest would have gone much differently.

Ha, I'd be willing to make a sizable bet that if those yahoos and their rifles had been confronted by police in riot gear at the State Capital, their peaceful protest would have gone much differently.

This just in: police use riot gear when there are actual riots.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Amazingly, even undeterred by a police presence NOTHING HAPPENED!

I like how Shookster and Shook Chicken didn't even attempt to fake concern that BLM'ers are now invading churches to beat the shit out of people.

Yeah I did.

Those people should not "attack" a church.

Its ****ed up to be disruptive for no reason. I understand the anger they have but I'm fine with saying those individual protesters and many similarly angry protesters have gone too far.

There's also all kinds of evidence that black people commit crimes disproportionately compared to white people. Why do those statistics not matter but incarceration rates do? We keep going round and round on the statistics when we should take each case individually before forming an opinion, and limiting it to that individual case.

What is your source for this? Black people get charged with crimes more yes, but that doesnt necessarily equate to committing crimes at a higher rate.

There's also all kinds of evidence that black people commit crimes disproportionately compared to white people. Why do those statistics not matter but incarceration rates do? We keep going round and round on the statistics when we should take each case individually before forming an opinion, and limiting it to that individual case.
Its nuanced. Poor people commit crimes. Black people have been kept poor for generations. Its not like any individual black person you know is biologically disposed to commit crimes. What a weird opinion to have if you honestly think that crime is baked into someone's DNA or something.

What is your source for this? Black people get charged with crimes more yes, but that doesnt necessarily equate to committing crimes at a higher rate.

Seriously?

https://whiteprivilegeisntreal.org/black-vs-white-crime-statistics/

This is the first article that came up and cites FBI numbers. There are literally thousands of articles, statistics, and reports that demonstrate the fact that black people commit crime at a disproportionate rate relative to white or hispanic people in America.

So there’s no proof that there mass racism from police but since it exists in the country we’re going to fix something that’s unrelated. That doesn’t make sense
I've been trying to build a full understanding of systemic racism and one of the things that I continually see is an outcome-based analysis. An example is policing, the outcome-based analysis looks at more black people being arrested and incarcerated and determines that the system is racist. Regardless of any differences in participation in activities that will get individuals arrested and incarcerated, regardless of any behavior towards police, regardless of history of records, the simple fact that the races have different outcomes is full confirmation that the system is racist. All else derives from that. If you try to argue that black people commit more crimes than any other group, they will say that the behavior is due to systemic racism. And so on and so forth. We've seen it from people on these boards that will attribute every difference in any race-based statistic as systemic racism.

Its nuanced. Poor people commit crimes. Black people have been kept poor for generations. Its not like any individual black person you know is biologically disposed to commit crimes. What a weird opinion to have if you honestly think that crime is baked into someone's DNA or something.
There it is. Excusing behavior and crime based on race because of the self-loathing that you're taught.

Sorry bro, I dont care what color somebody's skin is. They should be held to the same standard as everybody else. That's the definition of not being a racist.

Seriously?

This is the first article that came up and cites FBI numbers. There are literally thousands of articles, statistics, and reports that demonstrate the fact that black people commit crime at a disproportionate rate relative to white or hispanic people in America.
COVID, coupled with reaction to the Floyd incident, presents an interesting experiment. With lockdowns, many police agencies have become far less proactive in patrolling areas trying to interact with people in order to prevent crime. As such, many jurisdictions have swung the majority of their efforts to simply responding to calls for service and taking reports. I would love to see a study as to how the balance of calls for service breaks down respective to types of neighborhoods and socioeconomic demos. Anecdotally, I've know some Central Florida agencies receive the majority of their calls for service and reports for things like theft from a common area/demographic. Simply looking at the origination for the calls for service should remove the bias of overpolicing.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Seriously?

Really? You are going to try and pass off a site called whiteprivelageisntreal as a reliable source?

There are statistics that show that african americans are charged with more crimes. Charged and commit are not the same thing. If two people smoke weed for instance, but only one is busted with it, it doesnt mean the other didnt commit a crime, it means he didnt get caught or was let off.

There it is. Excusing behavior and crime based on race because of the self-loathing that you're taught.

Sorry bro, I dont care what color somebody's skin is. They should be held to the same standard as everybody else. That's the definition of not being a racist.
Im not part of the problem, I'm not self loathing. I didn't do this but that doesnt mean it doesnt need fixing. Poor people commit crimes. There is no reason an entire race of people should have 10% of the familial net worth of another. White flight, redlining, racism in the workplace, poor education systems all contribute. Everyone should be punished for their crimes but you said that black people commit more crimes. Would it be better if future generations committed fewer crimes? I believe we live in a system that keeps black people poor. We dont have to activly be racist for it to continue, its set up to be self sustaining. If we want to fix it, its not enough to be neutral, we need to rework things to start moving in the other direction on race.

What standard is everyone else held too? Should they be held to the standard of the Stanford swimmer charged with rape and only having to serve 3 months in co jail? Or the standards of Ethan Couch who drunkedly drove up on a sidewalk and killed 4 people, and was only given probation? What is the standard you have in your mind that everyone else is held to?

So Its not Racial Its socio-economic which was my original argument that was shot down because you all said It was a race issue.

What standard is everyone else held too? Should they be held to the standard of the Stanford swimmer charged with rape and only having to serve 3 months in co jail? Or the standards of Ethan Couch who drunkedly drove up on a sidewalk and killed 4 people, and was only given probation? What is the standard you have in your mind that everyone else is held to?

Everybody should be held to the same standard, period. Nobody on the right is arguing the opposite. Recognizing the fact that one race commits more crimes than another race doesn't change anything. Just look at the previous replies here. FC immediately played the "poor people" card. Should poor people be held to a different standard than rich people? Not in my opinion, and I dont give a crap what color their skin is. Kinda goes hand in hand with not being a racist.

Everybody should be held to the same standard, period. Nobody on the right is arguing the opposite. Recognizing the fact that one race commits more crimes than another race doesn't change anything. Just look at the previous replies here. FC immediately played the "poor people" card. Should poor people be held to a different standard than rich people? Not in my opinion, and I dont give a crap what color their skin is. Kinda goes hand in hand with not being a racist.

But not everyone is held to the same standard. The fact you want everyone to be held to the same standard is great, but that isnt what is happening, and when people point that out you seem to want dismiss it. You cant have this both ways. YOu cant claim you are for equality in the system on one hand, and completely dismiss it when people point out that the system doesnt have equality.

Do you know what anecdotes are?

But not everyone is held to the same standard. The fact you want everyone to be held to the same standard is great, but that isnt what is happening, and when people point that out you seem to want dismiss it. You cant have this both ways. YOu cant claim you are for equality in the system on one hand, and completely dismiss it when people point out that the system doesnt have equality.
I dismiss it? Pretty sure that I have been very vocal about all of the CJ reform thats been happening for the last 13 years in favor of it. Obama, Trump, Paul, Wyden, and Gillibrand have all moved things in the right direction and I have praised every one of them. I also spoke out against the jackass racist Jeff Sessions more times than I can count.

I want every black criminal to be held to the same standard as every white or hispanic criminal, period. I want every Cop, regardless of race, held to the same standard.

I dismiss it? Pretty sure that I have been very vocal about all of the CJ reform thats been happening for the last 13 years in favor of it. Obama, Trump, Paul, Wyden, and Gillibrand have all moved things in the right direction and I have praised every one of them. I also spoke out against the jackass racist Jeff Sessions more times than I can count.

I want every black criminal to be held to the same standard as every white or hispanic criminal, period. I want every Cop, regardless of race, held to the same standard.

Again, thats great, but that isnt what is happening. I dont understand why you are so argumentative on an issue if you agree with us.

Herp derp. Is socioeconomic because of racial issues and discrimination.

So Its Racial Police Brutality because Blacks are poor and made to stay that way. That seems like an ass backwards victim way of thinking.

Nobody is made to stay poor, you can get to middle or upper middle and in very rare cases rich regardless of your race. To say Black people are poor because of racism seems like an easy way out rather than dig into the real issues that haunt the communities. I promise when you look into them, Police aren’t in the top 5.

This thread by the way is about the Mayor of Atlanta backtracking from saying the cops are in the wrong to don’t blame the cops and condoning protests to enough protests.

Not what FC has tried to pivot It to, don’t let him distract you from the point that the mayor is over the protests and the movement because the “protests” are now just open season on shooting innocent bystanders and burning shit

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Breaking: Atlanta Police responding to multiple victims shot in Southeast Atlanta. One of the victims includes a 9 year old shot multiple times in the legs.

I guess they didn’t listen

ADVERTISEMENT