ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Police Walk Off Zones

The batshit crazy stuff rolling around inside 85's skull.
I mean i pulled that wording directly from a quote of the actual law. If you copy and paste what i wrote into google it brings up the Georgia penal code. Its not like I even wrote that myself its the actual legal definition.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
You insinuated that it was not likely that the taser could cause bodily harm as this man was firing a taser back at the responding officer. That is bullshit, since a taser has been reclassified as a Less Lethal weapon due to the fact that it can, and has, cause cardiac arrest and death.

The TASER device is marketed as less-lethal since the possibility of serious injury or death exists whenever the weapon is deployed.[4]

Not to mention we were dealing with a situation in which a man was under legal arrest, beat the crap out of 2 cops, tried to take their firearm off of them, took a taser, and tried to deploy it. If he hits the cop with the taser and incapacitates him, it leaves a situation in which he could take his firearm and use it on the other cop.

The DA is a moron who will lose this case but is pursuing it anyways because of blowhard ignorant people like you.

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
Just a reminder that the agency responsible for investigating the incident isn't done investigating and has made no conclusion or recommendations either way. The DA is doing his political dog and pony show anyways. Pathetic.

The state agency responsible for conducting an independent investigation of the death of a Black Atlanta man during an encounter with white police officers in the parking lot of an Atlanta fast food restaurant said it was surprised by the announcement that those officers would face charges.

On Wednesday, Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard announced that fired Atlanta Police officer Garrett Rolfe would be charged with murder and 10 other counts following the fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks Friday. Rolfe’s partner, Devin Brosnan, also faces three charges in connection to the shooting.

It’s an announcement that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said caught the agency off guard. In a statement posted moments after the charges were announced, the GBI said it was neither made aware of the press conference before it happened, nor was it “consulted on the charges filed” by the District Attorney’s office.

FC doing his thing in this thread. Unashamedly displaying hypocrisy and defending it because politics.
How so? Im curious what mayhem happened with a smaller than normal police force.

Or are you talking about when I quoted the actual law for a deadly weapon. Or when I spoke about the actual police procedure on deadly force?

You insinuated that it was not likely that the taser could cause bodily harm as this man was firing a taser back at the responding officer.

The law says is a device that is "likely" to cause "serious" bodily injury or death.

Is a taser LIKELY to cause SERIOIS bodily injury or death?

Is a taser LIKELY to cause SERIOUS bodily injury or death after its charge has been used?

Is a man running away LIKELY to cause SERIOUS bodily injury or death to a police officer?

No.

The law says is a device that is "likely" to cause "serious" bodily injury or death.

Is a taser LIKELY to cause SERIOUS bodily injury or death after its charge has been used?

Is a man running away LIKELY to cause SERIOUS bodily injury or death to a police officer?

No.

Yes

Reactions: UCFKnight85

No.

How would you know any of this when the investigation is not done and the GBI did not provide any findings or recommendations to the DA? You are literally talking out of your ass.

And yes it's actually quite likely that a taser could cause serious bodily injury, as I've already pointed out to you, which you of course chose to ignore.

How would you know any of this when the investigation is not done and the GBI did not provide any findings or recommendations to the DA? You are literally talking out of your ass.

And yes it's actually quite likely that a taser could cause serious bodily injury, as I've already pointed out to you, which you of course chose to ignore.
Is mace a deadly weapon?

And even if it didn't cause lasting bodily injury, it could incapacitate the officer at which point his weapon would be accessible and he would have no way to stop it from being taken and employed.

Of course, this is ignoring the fact that police officers are not limited to using their weapons only in self defense.

Let's just admit that if this dude had blown away the officer, Shook Chicken wouldn't even have a comment. He'd be totally indifferent.

Fc thinks the cops should have just let the guy beat them up and hope he doesn't kill them, and say "aw shucks, hope we have better luck next time".
They had his ID and his car... he was going to jail regardless. The twisting of reality on this is insane to see. Now hes going to hunt the cops down and kill them next time so its a good thing he was killed this time?

The gaslighting isn't as effective when the whole thing is on video.

What would have happened if the cop hadn"t drawn his weapon but drew his radio instead and stopped running?

Cop wouldnt be arrested.
Wendys wouldn't be burned down
Dude would be alive and in jail.

Of course this cop had 11 complaints about him including disciplinary action for discharge of a firearm previously. We always talk about the black mans record but we're ok to ignore that this guy is a disaster?

And what would the response have been if the officers stopped chasing him as you are suggesting (they have his ID, they can find him later) and he hurt an innocent family on his way to where ever he was running? You have a violent drunk man running around with a taser and wanted the police to ignore it and get him later? I’m sure he was going to go straight home and would’ve been watching tv in the living room waiting to peacefully turn himself in this time.

Reactions: AAC6800
And what would the response have been if the officers stopped chasing him as you are suggesting (they have his ID, they can find him later) and he hurt an innocent family on his way to where ever he was running? You have a violent drunk man running around with a taser and wanted the police to ignore it and get him later? I’m sure he was going to go straight home and would’ve been watching tv in the living room waiting to peacefully turn himself in this time.

The taser was no longer a weapon so throw that out and you have someone running from cops.

You can use that logic on any police stop where someone runs. Youre just going to shoot everyone who runs away in case they hurt someone?

I seem to remember a certian beloved UCF football player who punched a cop and ran away. Could he have hurt a family too? Better blap him twice in the back

I'm assuming you're talking about the Atlanta case as "murder". Lol.
Why the quotation marks and a good ol' 'laugh out loud'? The fired officer, Garrett Rolfe, faces eleven criminal charges, including felony murder. What's funny about that?

I'm also talking about the cop who murdered George Floyd. You've given us quite a few reasons here why that death really wasn't another ex-cop's fault either.

But I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise that the same poster who defended George Zimmerman's right to blow away an unarmed teenager because of his 'deadly' fist would defend Garrett's shooting of a drunk in the back because of his 'deadly' taser.

Why the quotation marks and a good ol' 'laugh out loud'? The fired officer, Garrett Rolfe, faces eleven criminal charges, including felony murder. What's funny about that?

I'm also talking about the cop who murdered George Floyd. You've given us quite a few reasons here why that death really wasn't another ex-cop's fault either.

But I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise that the same poster who defended George Zimmerman's right to blow away an unarmed teenager because of his 'deadly' fist would defend Garrett's shooting of a drunk in the back because of his 'deadly' taser.

By the time this is all said and done, his conviction or lack thereof will be because of what he did after he shot the guy. If he did in fact kick the guy while he lays there bleeding out, yeah thats probably worthy of making the whole thing a murder charge. It wouldn't matter who shot the guy, the cop has to assist him.

By the time this is all said and done, his conviction or lack thereof will be because of what he did after he shot the guy. If he did in fact kick the guy while he lays there bleeding out...
Because he kicked the guy afterwards?

It was the three bullets in the guy's back that convinced me.

Because he kicked the guy afterwards?

It was the three bullets in the guy's back that convinced me.
Police have a different standard when it comes to firing a weapon. Their entire profession is based on engaging and stopping criminals. Had this been a civilian, the shooting is certainly murder.

According to a 2019 decision by the Georgia Supreme Court, the use of a taser qualifies as a deadly weapon when charging an individual with aggravated assault. A death resulting from an an aggravated assault then qualifies as felony murder:

Eberhart v. State, 307 Ga. 254 (Oct. 31, 2019)

“A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.” OCGA § 16-5-1 (c) (2011).6 The main difference between felony murder and malice murder is that felony murder does not require proof of malice or intent to kill. See Guyse v. State, 286 Ga. 574, 576, 690 S.E.2d 406 (2010). Aggravated assault has two elements: (1) commission of a simple assault as defined by OCGA § 16-5-20; and (2) the presence of one of several statutory aggravators. See OCGA § 16-5-21 (a). The statutory aggravator at issue here is the use of a deadly weapon or an “object ... which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury.” OCGA § 16-5-21 (a) (2). See also Guyse, 286 Ga. at 576, 690 S.E.2d 406. And the trial court instructed the jury consistent with that statutory text. When properly viewed in the light most favorable to the verdicts, the evidence presented at trial and summarized above was sufficient to enable a rational jury to find that Appellant assaulted Towns with his TASER, which actually did result in serious bodily injury to Towns. See State v. Jackson, 287 Ga. 646, 649, 697 S.E.2d 757 (2010) (discussing proximate cause); Vega v. State, 285 Ga. 32, 33, 673 S.E.2d 223 (2009) (“ ‘It was for the jury to determine the credibility of the witnesses and to resolve any conflicts or inconsistencies in the evidence.’ ” (citation omitted)). Accordingly, the evidence was sufficient to support Appellant’s conviction for felony murder based on aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. See Jackson v. Virginia, 443 U.S. at 319, 99 S.Ct. 2781.7

Bottom line, the decedent's use of the taser offensively against the officers constituted an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The officers' response by using deadly force was legally justified, though certainly tragic (I'm not condoning the officer's actions, I'm only demonstrating that they acted within the parameters of the law).

Whether you agree with my analysis or not, hopefully we can all agree that prosecutorial decisions must be guided by a faithful reading of the law and not by politics. I'm not sure that is the case here.

By the time this is all said and done, his conviction or lack thereof will be because of what he did after he shot the guy. If he did in fact kick the guy while he lays there bleeding out, yeah thats probably worthy of making the whole thing a murder charge. It wouldn't matter who shot the guy, the cop has to assist him.

From someone in Atlanta PD - he didn’t kick Brooks, he kicked the taser away (they have that on video but didn’t show it at the press conference).

@fried-chicken - to respond to your question above - we know that the taser is still a weapon, it can be used as a stun gun until the battery goes out (I believe that sk8 pointed that out a couple days ago). JJ Worton was also horribly wrong in what he did but lets not act like it’s the same situation. JJ hit a cop and hid under a car, he didn’t take a weapon from the officer and fire it at him.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
From someone in Atlanta PD - he didn’t kick Brooks, he kicked the taser away (they have that on video but didn’t show it at the press conference).

@fried-chicken - to respond to your question above - we know that the taser is still a weapon, it can be used as a stun gun until the battery goes out (I believe that sk8 pointed that out a couple days ago). JJ Worton was also horribly wrong in what he did but lets not act like it’s the same situation. JJ hit a cop and hid under a car, he didn’t take a weapon from the officer and fire it at him.
Once the taser was fired and missed he was in the same position to do future harm as JJ. He should have been charged with a metric shit ton of charges for his actions but as soon as that taser was fired he became unarmed and he could have been tracked down easily with his ID or his car.

ITT: Morons who are arguing against something that is already established in prior law, that a taser is a deadly weapon, and morons who are concluding that they know what happened despite the fact that the GBI has not finished their investigation and made absolutely no recommendations to the DA yet.

I love that chicken is still avoiding the initial question i posed to him yesterday.

Chicken, I know this is difficult for you but focus.

If a taser is not a deadly weapon, did the DA wrongfully charge those two cops with aggravated assault last week when his whole stance was It was a deadly weapon?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Or the DA is wrong in both cases. The taser is a non-lethal weapon in the first case. In the second case, the weapon does not need to be a deadly weapon, especially since the guy tried to take the firearm off of one of the officers, which is an attempt to use deadly force in and of itself.

The question to ask yourself is why this particular DA is so hell-bent on stretching the law to charge police at this very moment in time.

we know the answer. August 11th he is in a runoff election and might lose

I love that chicken is still avoiding the initial question i posed to him yesterday.

If a taser is not a deadly weapon, did the DA wrongfully charge those two cops with aggravated assault last week when his whole stance was It was a deadly weapon?
Yes, from what I can tell of the law, the use of a taser should not be aggravated assault. There are better charges that should have been filed. The key word is "likely" no sane person can argue that its "likely" a taser will cause serious bodily harm.

Reactions: DAiello18

Let me explain:

If someone has a gun and just assaulted you, then takes aim but they miss, you should go give them a hug and apologize. A gun is only a deadly weapon if they hit you in a vital organ, and you need to determine whether you are hit within a half second and then say "my bad, bro. We good?"

Reactions: DAiello18
This DA is going to get fired and possibly end up in jail.

- one day he charges officers for their use of a deadly weapon (taser)
- Then he charges another officer because that same weapon is not a deadly weapon
- Now he’s under investigation for funneling $140,000 of tax payer money to his non-profit and directly into his own pocket.

he seems trustworthy, we should definitely follow his lead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT