ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball is extremely mediocre

Let's take a minute to look at the OPie and what the actual committee will look at.

The OPie is talking about KenPom ranking. Just like Jeff Sagarin - those are predictive analytics. Same kinda can be said about BPI. Form your own opinions, but I believe predictive analytics for sports are absolutely retarded. The other stats of NET, KPI, & SOR (strenght of record) are rankings of what a team has done.

So on the NET team sheets these are the stats on top of the page. Lets compare us to uf.

UCF 15-4
What we have done: NET: 42 ( KPI: 41, SOR: 52)
Predictive (BPI: 48, POM: 52, SAG: 42)

Florida 11-8 NET: 39
Accomplished: ( KPI: 68, SOR: 64)
Predictive(BPI: 26, POM: 26, SAG: 30)

Clearly our stats are pretty even across the board.

uf on the other hand has accomplished way less than us, but are predicted to be way way way way better in the future.

Other notables:
Florida St. 15-5 NET: 32 ( KPI: 27, SOR: 25) (BPI: 24, POM: 25, SAG: 23)
Cincinnati 18-3 NET: 23 ( KPI: 23, SOR: 28) (BPI: 23, POM: 24, SAG: 22)
Buffalo 19-2 NET: 18 ( KPI: 25, SOR: 13) (BPI: 22, POM: 18, SAG: 38)
Houston 20-1 NET: 8 ( KPI: 8, SOR: 11) (BPI: 20, POM: 20, SAG: 21) - Predicted to do much worse than what they have accomplished.

Alabama 13-7 NET: 43 ( KPI: 38, SOR: 44) (BPI: 47, POM: 47, SAG: 48)----- SOS is 83
Memphis 13-7 NET: 53 ( KPI: 63, SOR: 81) (BPI: 81, POM: 71, SAG: 62) ----- SOS is 46

Temple 15-5 NET: 60 ( KPI: 36, SOR: 43) (BPI: 64, POM: 75, SAG: 70)
Missouri 10-8 NET: 79 ( KPI: 78, SOR: 98) (BPI: 93, POM: 87, SAG: 77)

I'm not saying KenPom & Jeff Sagarin are complete BS, just that they have been bought by the ESP5N Cartel.

Women's bball now has the 17th best RPI, and 9 road wins. But I guess winning doesn't prompt posting or controversy.

To be fair I've tried to laud their season several times but there just isn't as much interest overall. I'm actually more excited about WBB than MBB this year which is weird.

Reactions: UCFhonors
That’s not the issue genius. White has the number 7 recruiting class coming in and has done well recruiting wise. So that eliminates your idiotic statement. The issue was expectations combined with a bad loss to South Carolina. Never mind the fact that white had the #1 team in the country on the ropes. Meanwhile Dawkins is losing to Wichita.

God damn some of you guys need to actually do research instead of listening to woman beating Bryan Gelfand and idiots like Ben Stout.
I don’t know who either of those guys are. But the issue isn’t expectations. It’s 8 losses already this year with more coming. Are you the White Family Cousin coming here to prop up your cousin so we aren’t mad when he’s hired?

Never seen a noob come in here gun blazing and get a positive result. Thanks Honors for stating what everyone was thinking.

tenor.gif

IMHO jury still out on Coach Dawkins. All Donny's recruits are gone next year. I think next year we're barely .500

This would have been the year for Dawkins and the team to be the best ever (I know, there's still a lot of ball to be played). :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT