ADVERTISEMENT

Berkeley chancellor unveils 'Free Speech Year'

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-uc-berkeley-chancellor-20170815-story.html

“Now what public speech is about is shouting, screaming your point of view in a public space rather than really thoughtfully engaging someone with a different point of view,” Christ said in an interview. “We have to build a deeper and richer shared public understanding.”

“Particularly now, it is critical for the Berkeley community to protect this right; it is who we are,” she said. “That protection involves not just defending your right to speak, or the right of those you agree with, but also defending the right to speak by those you disagree with, even of those whose views you find abhorrent.”

sounds like the chancellor is trying to right the ship. i think efforts like this are the way to go.

Reactions: Great2BAKnight2
We'll see what happens when the alt-left shows up and starts rioting and assaulting people. I bet the conservatives speakers are cancelled every time because "public safety".

Reactions: UCFWayne
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-uc-berkeley-chancellor-20170815-story.html

“Now what public speech is about is shouting, screaming your point of view in a public space rather than really thoughtfully engaging someone with a different point of view,” Christ said in an interview. “We have to build a deeper and richer shared public understanding.”

“Particularly now, it is critical for the Berkeley community to protect this right; it is who we are,” she said. “That protection involves not just defending your right to speak, or the right of those you agree with, but also defending the right to speak by those you disagree with, even of those whose views you find abhorrent.”

sounds like the chancellor is trying to right the ship. i think efforts like this are the way to go.

Cute words. They'll cancel every single conservative speaking engagement the minute Antifa and their thugs whisper anything about violence.

So after leftists destroyed that campus during their riot protest last year that mm forced the cancellation of a conservative speaker, now the President is interested on free speech?

Ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT