ADVERTISEMENT

Best Sci Fi show on TV: The Expanse

The Terror is a new show. So far there's just one season, with 10 episodes. I got into it because Ridley Scott was directing. It's got a good horror vibe going on, where it makes due mostly with what you don't see than with what you do.

It's based on a historical real life event in the 1840s where England sent a crew aboard two ice breaker ships to navigate through and find the northwest passage. In the actual historical event, the crew get trapped in ice north of Nunavut and eventually perish. The book/show changes some events up, and also adds a monster. So far it's been really good.
The Terror is terrific. Great cast and writing and great camera work and of course a good "slow descent into hell" story, which Ridley Scott does well.

Welp, SyFy just cancelled The Expanse.

Apparently they don't own the international rights and that's where all the big money is. I've read that it's likely to get picked up in some way or another since it does have a good core following and there's still big international audience.

Reactions: UCFBS
Welp, SyFy just cancelled The Expanse.

Apparently they don't own the international rights and that's where all the big money is. I've read that it's likely to get picked up in some way or another since it does have a good core following and there's still big international audience.
i was just coming here to post this. yea looks like it will get picked up by someone. i mean its got like 100% on rotten tomatoes right now for season 3. crazy how they wouldnt want to continue.

Apparently SyFy had the rights ONLY to the live linear feed of the show. No streaming, no DVD sales, no international, etc. So basically, as I've been watching Season 1 on AMazon Prime, SyFy has been getting nothing from it.

I'm sure the production company that owns the rights can sell the show to someone else pretty easily.

Apparently SyFy had the rights ONLY to the live linear feed of the show. No streaming, no DVD sales, no international, etc. So basically, as I've been watching Season 1 on AMazon Prime, SyFy has been getting nothing from it.

I'm sure the production company that owns the rights can sell the show to someone else pretty easily.
im hoping netflix or amazon pick it up and change absolutely nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT