ADVERTISEMENT

Bidens latest, um, gaffe?

Not exactly but close. I'm nearing the end of a divorce and have been reflecting back on things. Been kind of trying to distract myself and placing a lot of blame on myself but the more I think about the past, the more I'm realizing that there was a lot of emotional manipulation going on. I was suicidal last year, which was totally out of character for me but I've had a few friends come to me recently and tell me that they felt like I got there because of abuse. It's a weird place to be in because I'm a man and have always been pretty strong but I'm starting to see that they are probably right. I thought I was just insane and worthless, but now I'm starting to see that it was basically just because I was being gas lighted.
Lean on your friends, they're probably right.

https://www.mydomaine.com/gaslighting-in-relationships

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/12/19/18140830/gaslighting-relationships-politics-explained

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Please give citation on how he reached out. It may have happened but all I remember is his comment about how elections have consequences.
Your question is a prime example of how information nowadays is governed by your political ideology. If we can't have a shared history, it's little wonder why the divide continues to grow.

Obama put three Republicans on his cabinet (an unprecedented move) and reached out to a Congressional Republicans unified against him numerous times -- to the point where some frustrated Democrats were upset by his continual attempts at bipartisanship.

Here's an old link I found that attempts to summarize his first term attempts: http://www.themodestproposal.com/?p=151

Your question is a prime example of how information nowadays is governed by your political ideology. If we can't have a shared history, it's little wonder why the divide continues to grow.

Obama put three Republicans on his cabinet (an unprecedented move) and reached out to a Congressional Republicans unified against him numerous times -- to the point where some frustrated Democrats were upset by his continual attempts at bipartisanship.

Here's an old link I found that attempts to summarize his first term attempts: http://www.themodestproposal.com/?p=151

Wow, it was so brave of Obama to reach out to a Republicans after voters delivered him the biggest congressional swing midterm election defeat in modern history to throw his party out of power.

He’s so brave!

Reactions: UCFWayne
Please give citation on how he reached out. It may have happened but all I remember is his comment about how elections have consequences.
he talked about trying to bring people together. i bought it too. that is why i voted for him in 2008. he was all talk and no action. as soon as he was in power, that quickly changed and it was us verse them. he continued to help sew divide in the country year after year. if im honest, i think it was more of the media than obama. but he didnt do anything to help.

Reactions: sk8knight
he talked about trying to bring people together. i bought it too. that is why i voted for him in 2008. he was all talk and no action.
When the opposition party leadership was on public record saying that they wanted him to fail, what's he supposed to do?

I will grant you that Obama was not a Congressional 'schmoozer' like Reagan or Bill Clinton was when they were in the White House, but the deck was stacked against him.

When the opposition party leadership was on public record saying that they wanted him to fail, what's he supposed to do?

I will grant you that Obama was not a Congressional 'schmoozer' like Reagan or Bill Clinton was when they were in the White House, but the deck was stacked against him.
It was Limbaugh that said he wanted obama to fail, not party leadership. McConnell said they were going to stop him, but I think that statement came later.

It's almost as if he got into office and immediately passed a hyper partisan bill that overhauled 2/5 of our economy without a single vote from the other side.
Funny thing about that "hyper-partisan" bill: Republicans up for reelection last year were adamant in their campaign ads that they would continue to protect its coverage of pre-existing conditions. WTF?

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Funny thing about that "hyper-partisan" bill: Republicans up for reelection last year were adamant in their campaign ads that they would continue to protect its coverage of pre-existing conditions. WTF?
Because we don't have any choice now. All of the competition has been run out of the market, including the state pool. There's no turning back now, we just have to wait for the system to collapse and politicians want to delay that as long as possible.

Are you implying that a bill so large that Pelosi couldn’t read it only called for pre existing condition coverage?

Not exactly but close. I'm nearing the end of a divorce and have been reflecting back on things. Been kind of trying to distract myself and placing a lot of blame on myself but the more I think about the past, the more I'm realizing that there was a lot of emotional manipulation going on. I was suicidal last year, which was totally out of character for me but I've had a few friends come to me recently and tell me that they felt like I got there because of abuse. It's a weird place to be in because I'm a man and have always been pretty strong but I'm starting to see that they are probably right. I thought I was just insane and worthless, but now I'm starting to see that it was basically just because I was being gas lighted.

You’re a damn liar, man. That’s not true and no one has ever said that.

You want to check my shape man, let’s do push-ups together here, man. Let’s run. Let’s do whatever you want to do. Let’s take an IQ test. Ok?

Reactions: firm_bizzle

You want to check my shape man, let’s do push-ups together here, man. Let’s run. Let’s do whatever you want to do. Let’s take an IQ test. Ok?

"We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated."

F yes! That's the Joe we wanna see. Joe woke up.

I think people have reached the point they are picking on Joe about everything, just like they do Trump.

Pick one's battles.

I think people have reached the point they are picking on Joe about everything, just like they do Trump.

Pick one's battles.
Their schticks get old and people get fatigued listening to their garbage.

Biden seems like the crazy old man neighbor. Might go ballistic if your fence line is 1 inch off. Head of the HOA.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT