ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Combine

Hmmm….he seemed faster than that when he first got here. Guess the injuries took away a step.

Hmmm….he seemed faster than that when he first got here. Guess the injuries took away a step.
His athleticism is outstanding. Besides his straight-line speed....

John Rhys Plumlee’s Pro Day (so far)
Vertical Jump 36.5”
Broad Jump 10’4”
Both would’ve been 1st among QBs at the NFL Combine
and
4.27 short shuttle is the second-best time among all players at Big 12 Pro Day

Last edited:
He was a little, but almost broke his leg in September and was wearing a brace at least until January and he’s still faster

His athleticism is outstanding. Besides his straight-line speed....

John Rhys Plumlee’s Pro Day (so far)
Vertical Jump 36.5”
Broad Jump 10’4”
Both would’ve been 1st among QBs at the NFL Combine
and
4.27 short shuttle is the second-best time among all players at Big 12 Pro Day
I don't really follow measurables so am asking, how are those numbers for WR, TE, or other positions because from what I've seen so far, hardly any team is thinking of him as a QB. Most comments are like, but not as good as, Taysom Hill.

How fast did you think he was? 4.4 is fast. No way you thought he was 4.3.
I doubt he even ran 4.49, looked liked it was hand timed.

I would say in the first half of the '22 season, a legit 4.40 or better was in the conversation....he was the fastest player on the field until that first injury.

He averaged over 100 yards per game those first 4 games......never came close to that ever again.

I don't really follow measurables so am asking, how are those numbers for WR, TE, or other positions because from what I've seen so far, hardly any team is thinking of him as a QB. Most comments are like, but not as good as, Taysom Hill.
Not great for WR and he’s too small for TE. He would need to be more of a Deebo Samuel than Hill. He can throw better than Deebo but a tick slower.

JRP isn’t playing in the NFL. He would be the fastest QB, or the best throwing RB/WR, but unfortunately there aren’t positions that fit his set of skills. He could play in the UFL or CFL

Reactions: PositYourself
Cracker of the Day...

hmmm GIF

How is a 20-yard shuttle 10 feet, 4 inches?

Last edited:
There was a time when a spot could be made for him, as 2nd/3rd string WR, 2nd/3rd RB, and 2nd or 3rd QB. covers 3 positions for depth purposes. But those days are mainly in the rear view mirror. Dolphins used to have one that covered the above 3 plus linebacker/DB and Tight end. And was decent at all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT