ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Desperation

Not with Norvell running the show. He got this team moving lighting fast like at ASU. I put a wager our team is light years ahead of your team when the season start. We got to much talent along with talent that hasn't arrived yet till this summer. We are loaded and defense is going to be fun to watch!!! Never seen a tiger defense that swarms and gets to the ball like this one. so pumped for Friday Night Stripes!!!

So why aren't you over at The Tiger's Lair with the other guy? No one cares about the pussy cats here.

I just said it pitiful that you guys are whoring yourselves to the Big 12. It's too late for any desperate acts. #fact
Go away troll. You are pitiful. You are so desperate for someone to talk to you have to come here and trash us because there is no one else over on The Pussies Lair.

What is really pitiful is that ypu keep coming back for more. You know you have no friends here. But i guess at least we are someone to talk to even if all you get back from us is abuse.

So is all this in your head or have you seen anything to this effect in real life?

You're just like the USF trolls, they get high on their horse for their two minutes of fame and next thing you know they are nowhere to be found.

I just said it pitiful that you guys are whoring yourselves to the Big 12. It's too late for any desperate acts. #fact

Actually, UCF is not whoring itself to the B12. That was one of the main points of the column Bianchi wrote, but since Memphis doesn't teach it's graduates how to read, it's not surprising that you didn't see that.

Cincinnati is clearly the #1 school at whoring, and Memphis is in 2nd place. Yea...don't think we didn't notice the avalanche of well timed Memphis tweets about all of the things Memphis is planning (not actually doing). Meanwhile, UCF has been investing major $$ in it's programs for the past 10 years.

this is a point that should be mentioned way more. And Orlando probably never gets an NFL franchise bc Jacksonville & Tampa are too close. USF for example is so saturated not only w other college allegiances but the NFL.

Did you know Orlando is the biggest TV market in the country that doesn't have a professional football team? You know what that means? If the Big 12 comes to Orlando, it wouldn't have to compete with the king of all sports leagues – the NFL -- for football fans. That certainly wouldn't be the case in Cincinnati or Tampa. Orlando is a college football town first and foremost, evidenced by our three bowl games and several upcoming neutral site games.
I don't think the above statement is correct:
St Louis (now)
San Antonio
Portland
Sacramento
Should all have bigger markets

I don't think the above statement is correct:
St Louis (now)
San Antonio
Portland
Sacramento
Should all have bigger markets

Looks like he's correct now that LA has an NFL team again. Neilson DMA ranking: http://www.tvb.org/media/file/2015-2016-dma-ranks.pdf

19 Orlando 1,489,710
20 Sacramento 1,349,990
21 St Louis 1,217,370
24 Portland 1,136,320
32 San Antonio 907,320

Orlando's market is almost as big as Cincy and Memphis combined...
36 Cincinnati 868,900
50 Memphis 636,140

Looks like he's correct now that LA has an NFL team again. Neilson DMA ranking: http://www.tvb.org/media/file/2015-2016-dma-ranks.pdf

19 Orlando 1,489,710
20 Sacramento 1,349,990
21 St Louis 1,217,370
24 Portland 1,136,320
32 San Antonio 907,320

Orlando's market is almost as big as Cincy and Memphis combined...
36 Cincinnati 868,900
50 Memphis 636,140

Yep. We're a much larger market than people think, and Tampa + Orlando combined is something like the number 5 market in the nation.

Cincy is what you get when you put a MAC team in a good market. Haven't they been playing football since the 19th century? If they haven't turned into a major program by now then what makes anyone think that's going to change?

If the Big XII selection criteria is "be geographically close to West Virginia so they stop complaining about travel", then yeah Cincy makes sense. If they want a program with a future that will actually make the B12 better? Then the choice is clear.

yep Uconn and Byu

UCF is the nation's largest commuter school. This is not something to brag about. Athletically, last year's 0-12 season is the opposite of growing, in the minds of anyone with logic. Nothing could be more opposite of growing than to be the cellar dweller of your conference. And UCF's fan attendance is certainly nothing to write home about either.

UCF is in a state dominated by the University of Florida and Florida State University. Outside of professional sports, UF and FSU, no one has any interest in UCF (except Knights fans). So UCF growing its "footprint" academically and athletically is irrelevant. No power conference would consider UCF as a prize to go after. Otherwise, UCF would have already been in and it wouldn't have to rely on some guy from the Orlando Sentinel to post such an article asking for the Big 12 to consider UCF, with USF as a possible travel partner. This reminds me of the time when BYU's Bronco Mendenhall pleaded for a Big 12 invitation, with Boise State as a possible travel partner.

These days, "directional school" conjures up an image of a school that is and should remain mid-major. That is just the way it is. Is it snobbery? Yes, I would agree with you on that point. It shouldn't come as a surprise that fans of power conference schools tend to be snobs.

Everything you've posted (about the "measurables" being there), that is the same argument we see from fans of other AAC schools. UCF is no exception here.

Right now, if you were to visit a Big 12 Conference message board, you will find very few to none supporting UCF for Big 12 membership. In fact, UCF is barely mentioned. We don't hate UCF. We just don't see UCF as a good fit. Remember, we aren't speaking for the conference itself, we are just voicing our opinions on the subject.

UCF is not a commuter school. It was for much of its early existence, but it is now a pretty typical residential university. About 20% of undergrads live on campus and most of the rest live very near in all student apartment complexes, much the same as the vast majority of large residential universities around the country. In addition to that, UCF is far more difficult to garner admission to than almost all of the Big 12 schools. You seem to have very little knowledge of higher education or the business of major college athletics. You certainly have no knowledge of UCF, but you keep insisting that you do because you have uninformed thoughts about it and think yourself quite bright.

Will it be tough for UCF to get a P5 invite - sure. It will be tough for any current non-P5 schools to get one. But if a school or schools do make the move from G5 to P5, UCF is most certainly included among the small group of most likely schools. What the fans want doesn't matter - B1G fans were/are completely disinterested in Rutgers and Maryland, but they were invited for a specific set of reasons anyway. Their invite appears to have been a stroke of financial genius as the B1G's recently announced Fox contract and impending additional media rights contracts look to make it far and away the most lucrative conference in the country, earning schools an estimated 40-65 million per year, quickly pulling away from even the SEC. Part of that is due to the BIG expansion into the right media markets.

Oklahoma president and new Big 12 board chairman David Boren has said he'd like to see the Big 12 take action this summer to expand, add a championship game and form a conference network. Boren has said that until the Big 12 does all three, it will be "psychologically disadvantaged."
http://espn.go.com/college-football...rch-shows-expansion-necessary-boost-cfp-hopes
I really think this is setup for Oklahoma to reduce its buyout when they leave the conference. They know UT isn't giving up the Longhorn network, this is just documentation so that when they leave they can say the conference didn't act in their best interest.

Reactions: Knightsweat
Where is that clown Tiger Pride 76 who was making fun of us for "whoring out to the B12" even though it was just a sports columnist?

He will really enjoy this letter from the President of Memphis to the President of Texas!

Talk about whoring and desperation....this is the definition.

Screen_Shot_2016-05-03_at_10.47.24_AM.0.png

Reactions: muckdawg24
Where is that clown Tiger Pride 76 who was making fun of us for "whoring out to the B12" even though it was just a sports columnist?

He will really enjoy this letter from the President of Memphis to the President of Texas!

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Ut...3/Screen_Shot_2016-05-03_at_10.47.24_AM.0.png

With the new activity on this thread, i,expect those trolls to show up at any time. I'm surprised they havent already...

Screen_Shot_2016-05-03_at_10.47.24_AM.0.png

Jesus that is pathetic.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
We just want a piece of the pie!

Ho-hum. Cut and paste.

Who asked for your opinion? Like I said once before, only the biggest losers of losers spend time on another team's boards.

Possom pie is big in Memphis. Go home to your mommy's house and eat her pie

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho Jim
You are the best challenge I have gotten out of your people yet

You just don't get it. Basically, now you are actually showing that you are a sociopath. That video says it all. Now we all see what we are dealiing with. You have just lost all credibility and are totally dimissed as an eternal troll. Go away. I wasted 3-4 minutes of my life and posts on you. I'm out.

Looks like Tiger_pride 76 deleted all of his posts and disappeared. UCF beats Memphis again!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT