ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 - Expansion rumors (likely BS)

Would be interesting as a FL school to get to play a bunch of teams from outside our region...while also not being much farther away than we already travel. And would make sure we don't get stuck under other FL programs in the same conference.

Not going to happen. Espn already made it very clear to the B10 they wanted no expansion. Without new TV money it isn't going to happen.

Reactions: ahabmw
Would Nebraska entertain going back? I feel like the Big10 would want that to happen.

I’m surprised those accounts got as popular as they did.

I think this all resurfaced as a result of the liga soccer league getting a new contract from espn.

Maybe the Super Liga failure (like the last B12 expansion failure) started all the talk again??? I liked to see Cincinnati, Memphis, and UCF go to the Big 12. It would be nice to see what UCF could become with all that money!!

It may expand but there won’t be Oklahoma, Oklahoma State or Texas in the conference when they do. Those schools are going on to greener pastures as soon as the GOR is up, which is the only thing holding conference together together. It’s also the only P5 to never win a CFP game. When that conference collapses it’ll be a P4 and G7 world and consolidation will continue/accelerate.

Maybe the Super Liga failure (like the last B12 expansion failure) started all the talk again??? I liked to see Cincinnati, Memphis, and UCF go to the Big 12. It would be nice to see what UCF could become with all that money!!
Memphis would not be on the list. The B12 ruled them out quickly last time.

Reactions: Knight Strength
It may expand but there won’t be Oklahoma, Oklahoma State or Texas in the conference when they do. Those schools are going on to greener pastures as soon as the GOR is up, which is the only thing holding conference together together. It’s also the only P5 to never win a CFP game. When that conference collapses it’ll be a P4 and G7 world and consolidation will continue/accelerate.

Yep. We will never be in the “P5.” But I don’t think Baylor, Iowa State, etc. will be either.

Reactions: OvilleNative
Now is when you talk to everyone else and see what they would pay. That way you have leverage when it comes time to negotiate.

Agreed. Similar to how the Big East was delisted from "Power" status as soon as we entered while Pitt, WV and others exited.

But if you bring it up as leverage- you essentially confess to the crime 😀
That's why you do it intelligently. This was the 1st step. 2nd step is bitching around hinting "the conference isn't happy with it's current partners" thereby alerting other potentials you'd be open to talks when allowed. Then some reporter gets played and thinks he/she's enterprising and starts asking other networks if they'd be interested, doing the conference's work for them. Other networks (or dare one think they get in at least the 20th century and look at streaming) then say 'We'd be open to looking into to that.' Leverage, and not one conference member talked to another network.

Of course, it all falls apart if the Big 12 can't keep its members.

You got this right. UCF adds nothing to a traditional Conference.
Aww......does your mama not give you enough attention? “Traditional” conferences will die on the vine as their “traditional” revenue sources wither. The future of revenue generation will be outside of the old paradigm. Streaming services will be the new king makers, and unfortunately for you hayseed cornfed yokels no one outside of Lincoln gives a flying foxtrot about Nebraska. Nebraska is an irrelevant ancient relic soon to be forgotten. UCF (and their huge, young, tech savy fan base) IS the future of college football.

Since when did conferences care about Tradition? All about viewers and $$$$$ that's it. Course the great Rutgers Scarlet Knights was added to the Big 10 based on "tradition" and not because of the NYC tv base lol. Right now Orlando is the second fastest growing TV base. All about $$$.

UCF doesn't necessarily need to be in a traditional conference. We just need college football to be open to...wait for it...competition - like all other sports on this planet. We understand you meow meows don't like competition.

Thanks for lurking. Its nice to know you've got UCF on the brain so early in the day.

Since when did conferences care about Tradition? All about viewers and $$$$$ that's it. Course the great Rutgers Scarlet Knights was added to the Big 10 based on "tradition" and not because of the NYC tv base lol. Right now Orlando is the second fastest growing TV base. All about $$$.
Totally! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: Knight Strength
Aww......does your mama not give you enough attention? “Traditional” conferences will die on the vine as their “traditional” revenue sources wither. The future of revenue generation will be outside of the old paradigm. Streaming services will be the new king makers, and unfortunately for you hayseed cornfed yokels no one outside of Lincoln gives a flying foxtrot about Nebraska. Nebraska is an irrelevant ancient relic soon to be forgotten. UCF (and their huge, young, tech savy fan base) IS the future of college football.
Always better to be a "has been", than a "never was".

Always better to be a "has been", than a "never was".
That’s debatable, the former always pinning for the “glory days” (like the 35 year old fat slob former H.S. Quarterback who used to date the head cheerleader, and is now married to a 300 lb. human garbage disposal) the latter always striving to become better. For reference, the last time Nebraska was relevant UCF wasn’t even in the FBS (formerly Div.1). Riddle me this, which program has been more relevant since we’ve been on the same level (ie. FBS)? Btw, don’t bother, it’s a rhetorical question. The fact that you’re here on a UCF board trolling, and I’m not on a Nebraska board informs the question.

That’s debatable, the former always pinning for the “glory days” (like the 35 year old fat slob former H.S. Quarterback who used to date the head cheerleader, and is now married to a 300 lb. human garbage disposal) the latter always striving to become better. For reference, the last time Nebraska was relevant UCF wasn’t even in the FBS (formerly Div.1). Riddle me this, which program has been more relevant since we’ve been on the same level (ie. FBS)? Btw, don’t bother, it’s a rhetorical question. The fact that you’re here on a UCF board trolling, and I’m not on a Nebraska board informs the question.
Are you talking about your last head coach?

Agreed. Similar to how the Big East was delisted from "Power" status as soon as we entered while Pitt, WV and others exited.
..... the minute that we (and the other misfit toys) joined the Big East ,, Pitt , WV jumped off like rats (that they are) on a sinking ship ... they couldn't get out of Dodge fast enough ..... the only thing that's coming down the road is consolidation (P4) not expansion .....

..... the minute that we (and the other misfit toys) joined the Big East ,, Pitt , WV jumped off like rats (that they are) on a sinking ship ... they couldn't get out of Dodge fast enough ..... the only thing that's coming down the road is consolidation (P4) not expansion .....

JWB!!!

Rutgers is probably a bad example becuase Rutgers and Princeton played the 1st college football game in 1869 ...so yeah they have tradition ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1869_New_Jersey_vs._Rutgers_football_game

Reactions: Endeavor.
Rutgers is probably a bad example becuase Rutgers and Princeton played the 1st college football game in 1869 ...so yeah they have tradition ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1869_New_Jersey_vs._Rutgers_football_game
So if your old you are college football tradition? So you don't have to be good.....Last i remember we beat Rutgers 41-17. Rutgers is terrible and been terrible for years don't sell me on just because they are old makes them wanted or any kind of "Tradition". They could stop playing football and 98% of America wouldn't care. The BIG10 just wanted a NY market to show games and make $$.

Reactions: UCFatz1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT