ADVERTISEMENT

Big12 Conference plays starts for UCF mens on Saturday. First 5 games.

It just seems like they need the confidence at the end. They’re playing well and the atmospheres outstanding. They need a player to go to at the end of the game. that was the difference in the game. Baylor had people to go to and they shot it with confidence. We gotta work on our foul shots too Johnson played great as did Avery

UCF has been leading over Baylor the whole game so far. Are we going to see another meltdown towards the end?

Rhetorical question.

We got dominated the last 10 minutes of the game. We were up 53-49 when Diallo got called for a flagrant, and the momentum went their way the rest of the game, along with them out-scoring us 28-16.

Last edited:
The refs throw off UCF's momentum again. Diallo didn't look like a foul on him to me. He was just running towards the basket when the Baylor guy leaned into him and then flopped. But, whatever. UCF needs to learn to play thru that crap and better ball handling. They play nervous when the pressure is turned up.

Reactions: U C to the F
The refs throw off UCF's momentum again. Diallo didn't look like a foul on him to me. He was just running towards the basket when the Baylor guy leaned into him and then flopped. But, whatever. UCF needs to learn to play thru that crap and better ball handling. They play nervous when the pressure is turned up.
Frankly I thought that certainly deserved a flagrant foul. 250lb Diallo clearly trucked the bear whose back was to him.

The baylor player ran into Diallo. He was just running towards the basket. They reviewed it and changed it from a common foul to a flagrant. But, what I saw was Baylor purposedly ran into the lane then flopped backwards. But, what do I know. That ref looked the same as the Ole Miss game who called a very bad game then as well. In my opinion. I could be wrong.

UCF is consistent....when the opponent turns up the D our O struggles to score. Johnson had an unbelievable first half so they got in his grill and shut him down. Johnny needs to counter the opponent's adjustments, but he continues to fail to do so. Just one example, we threw very few lobs (and those we did were way off) despite having the big guys matched against smaller defenders at times in the 2nd half. We've got to recognize that but instead we got back into our stagnant O (pass or dribble on the perimeter until the shot clock runs down). Johnny has to adjust with the right plays and change our approach when the opponent makes adjustments.

This is what I saw, Baylor player steps into path of Diallo and then falls back as a flop. Baylor guy does not have his feet set to take the charge from Diallo. He moves into his path towards the basket as he was getting ready to go up for the rebound. Sure, contact. Sure, they reviewed it. Sure, I'm probably wrong, but this is what I saw happened. How is Diallo to stop when he is running full steam towards the basket? If Baylor had his feet set then I would say yes. This is what changed the momentum.

"He lowered his shoulder into him."

Nope, look at vid above. I don't see lowered shoulder. He was just running up for a rebound then Baylor guy jumps in front of him then flops back.

Agreed. The problem is all these referees want to interpret a rule that is not realistically defined. Back in the day. This was definitely a no call.

UCF is consistent....when the opponent turns up the D our O struggles to score. Johnson had an unbelievable first half so they got in his grill and shut him down. Johnny needs to counter the opponent's adjustments, but he continues to fail to do so. Just one example, we threw very few lobs (and those we did were way off) despite having the big guys matched against smaller defenders at times in the 2nd half. We've got to recognize that but instead we got back into our stagnant O (pass or dribble on the perimeter until the shot clock runs down). Johnny has to adjust with the right plays and change our approach when the opponent makes adjustments.
isn't a part of coaching knowing your team's limitations? what's the point of throwing lobs if as you say those that we did try weren't good? we're missing our top facilitator and going up against teams that are superior to us when we're full strength.

"He lowered his shoulder into him."

Nope, look at vid above. I don't see lowered shoulder. He was just running up for a rebound then Baylor guy jumps in front of him then flops back.
yup. diallo saw walter bow up and he bowed up in response because he was like this is gonna be a collision so let me brace myself. they are punishing him for being bigger.

Reactions: Central Floridave
This is what I saw, Baylor player steps into path of Diallo and then falls back as a flop. Baylor guy does not have his feet set to take the charge from Diallo. He moves into his path towards the basket as he was getting ready to go up for the rebound. Sure, contact. Sure, they reviewed it. Sure, I'm probably wrong, but this is what I saw happened. How is Diallo to stop when he is running full steam towards the basket? If Baylor had his feet set then I would say yes. This is what changed the momentum.

11 seconds? You cut off the side view.

The ball was in the air and Baylor defender was moving towards Diallo to block out but you can't be moving while someone is going towards the basket. When the ref first blew the whistle I thought it was a blocking foul on the defense and all of a sudden its on Diallo then a review a F1 foul. But, I just slow mo'd it and looked at the side view. Looks to me the Baylor player was moving and lowered his shoulder to block. It's a blocking foul in my opinion. btw, that one older ref was the same one that made the horrible calls in the Ole Miss game and got boo'd off the court. He sucks. Also, after watching the replay of them huddled watching it. He makes the female ref back down and he reviewed his own call and kept it. He never will reverse his own call.

isn't a part of coaching knowing your team's limitations? what's the point of throwing lobs if as you say those that we did try weren't good? we're missing our top facilitator and going up against teams that are superior to us when we're full strength.
Isn't it good coaching to teach your team how to lob the ball and then use the lob as an offensive weapon? I saw neither of those last night. This is supposed to be top level college basketball. We need to get there....

Isn't it good coaching to teach your team how to lob the ball and then use the lob as an offensive weapon? I saw neither of those last night. This is supposed to be top level college basketball. We need to get there....
exactly it's suppose to be top level college basketball and our facilitators (even if they're secondary ones) can't execute a lob in a half court set. which means you need better players and dawkins has to get on that.

exactly it's suppose to be top level college basketball and our facilitators (even if they're secondary ones) can't execute a lob in a half court set. which means you need better players and dawkins has to get on that.
Our talent level has got much better this year and what I expected. We are a few bad minutes of basketball from being ranked imo. We have a final(big) step to get over the hump to be a top 25 team. We’ve proven that we can compete with everyone now we gotta win a few of those games.

Charge On !!!!

Reactions: Robert0122
Lets beat OU and send the SEC another message about how they are WAY inferior to the Big 12 and it’s just getting a bigger window. We beat the other SEC wannabe Texas at their home

(Btw looks like our recruiting is going very well)

CHARGE ON !!!!!

The weather today is one of the reasons I have said in the past why we have had fan culture issues in basketball. you just want to be outside but the Big 12 having so many ranked opponents seems to be negating that this season . But in the AAC when you lose to bottom feeders I get it. Not many Programs in the EST get February days like this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT