ADVERTISEMENT

Boise state fan here

this would make every conf matter and the 2 W C would reward teams like UGA LSU TX if they missed the conf champ game the only Q do u play the 1st round at camps sites or use bowl sites

The chaos that will expand the playoffs is if the SEC gets two teams in again. A few people are even suggesting the SEC could get three teams this year...which should REALLY spark outrage and change.

If Boise St goes undefeated this year, the cynical part of me thinks the committee will rank them in the 5 - 6 range as a slap in the face to UCF for being so vocal the last two seasons.

What if at the end of the year, the SEC looks like it has 3 of the best 4 teams in the country? You’d still object to them getting more than 1 team in the playoffs even if teams like Boise/Wisconsin/etc. get a loss or 2?

Let’s tear this shit down brother.

rY3VQXi.jpg
but the UCF guy dies in that story :(

They gave us the Clemson treatment, the ultimate complement.

Florida fans are also obsessed with us, as even have the SEC fanbase is pointing out. I loved the Missouri fan that told a Gator to shutup until they stop playing 2x FCS teams and no P5 road games other than FSU (and Georgia, which allegedly doesn't count as in-conference?).

You still never answered the question about who's SuperBowl it was. Since you are still here, I think we all know...

EFLgQ7oVAAAoojK.jpg

Reactions: GoKnights2003
What if at the end of the year, the SEC looks like it has 3 of the best 4 teams in the country? You’d still object to them getting more than 1 team in the playoffs even if teams like Boise/Wisconsin/etc. get a loss or 2?

No conference should ever get three teams in a four team playoff. EVER. PERIOD.

It wasn't necessarily wrong to have both Alabama and Georgia in the playoffs in 2017...although I still find it interesting that you can be considered one of the best four teams in the country even if you don't win your own division within the conference.

Reactions: Knight Strength
...although I still find it interesting that you can be considered one of the best four teams in the country even if you don't win your own division within the conference.
Well, Alabama is going to say they were, because they won. Of course ... UCF could have very much won that year too. In any case ...

Reactions: Wings0fred
No conference should ever get three teams in a four team playoff. EVER. PERIOD.

It wasn't necessarily wrong to have both Alabama and Georgia in the playoffs in 2017...although I still find it interesting that you can be considered one of the best four teams in the country even if you don't win your own division within the conference.

What’s so interesting about it? Happens all the time in a variety of sports. Some swimmer can be a top 4 swimmer in the world but might not even be the top swimmer on his own team. Some PAC 12 volleyball team night be one of the 4 best volleyball teams even know they’re not even the best team in the PAC 12.

What’s so interesting about it? Happens all the time in a variety of sports. Some swimmer can be a top 4 swimmer in the world but might not even be the top swimmer on his own team. Some PAC 12 volleyball team night be one of the 4 best volleyball teams even know they’re not even the best team in the PAC 12.
tenor.gif

The difference is, none of those other sports limits their post season to the "best" four teams/individuals. But hey, you already knew that didn't you. I'm not going to change your mind...and you're not going to change my mind.

Until the 4 team playoff system expands the current system is nothing more than a platform to glorify the top 10 power football teams. Every year it's going to include the same teams. Not every P5 conference gets in each year, so I am not sure why conference leaders find this system acceptable. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT