ADVERTISEMENT

Boise state fan here

Boisest8

High School Harry
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2015
Hi all. I've been spending some time cruising the fan forum, just wanted to first say how much I respect and really do (as do many Boise state fans) pull for UCF. Excited about our upcoming series.

Second- it seems that a lot of fans are really disappointed and upset about the Pitt loss. I've been there. It sucks as a "group of 5" team feeling like you have to go undefeated to get a NY6 bowl game and that one loss early in the season takes the wind out of the sails. That being said, it was 2014 that a 2 loss Boise state team went to the fiesta bowl and beat Arizona. My point is, that UCF is anything but out from the NY6 convo. Truth be told, I'd be very surprised if we won out. Many of our games have been closer than the score may show.

Either way...best of luck the rest of the way. If its not us, I hope its you.

Hi all. I've been spending some time cruising the fan forum, just wanted to first say how much I respect and really do (as do many Boise state fans) pull for UCF. Excited about our upcoming series.

Second- it seems that a lot of fans are really disappointed and upset about the Pitt loss. I've been there. It sucks as a "group of 5" team feeling like you have to go undefeated to get a NY6 bowl game and that one loss early in the season takes the wind out of the sails. That being said, it was 2014 that a 2 loss Boise state team went to the fiesta bowl and beat Arizona. My point is, that UCF is anything but out from the NY6 convo. Truth be told, I'd be very surprised if we won out. Many of our games have been closer than the score may show.

Were excited for the series too. Id like to see our conference merge and then dump the dead weight from both sides like tulsa, usf, uconn etc. i think a coast to coast american conference featuring the best of the g5 schools could show stronger than some of these other power 5 conferences.

Were excited for the series too. Id like to see our conference merge and then dump the dead weight from both sides like tulsa, usf, uconn etc. i think a coast to coast american conference featuring the best of the g5 schools could show stronger than some of these other power 5 conferences.
We'd love that too. We almost joined the now defunct big east... basically the AAC conference about 5 years ago. Many of us wish we stayed.

Reactions: ahabmw
We'd love that too. We almost joined the now defunct big east... basically the AAC conference about 5 years ago. Many of us wish we stayed.
Ton of respect for what y’all have accomplished! Excited to see it settled on the field and glad we got the deal done! Our freshman qbs will be juniors that year and should be a battle. Would love to see game day at one of those games.

Last edited:
Reactions: firm_bizzle

Thanks for showing love!
Sometimes the way our program keeps getting compared to yours can create friction among the fanbases but if you read through all the noise there is genuine respect there.

Regardless of outcome, this series will be good for college football and both our conferences!

Let’s tear this shit down brother.

rY3VQXi.jpg

giphy.gif

That would require Boise admin to stop "knowing their place" and start speaking up about the Cartel.

I used to think that way...but not anymore.

The last time Boise St went undefeated and was left out of the championship game/playoff was 2009. Boise St was ranked #6 after the conference championship games and the only team ahead of them with a loss was Florida State at 12-1.

So, there was less to be upset about...and since social media was not nearly as prevalent back then, there was less opportunity for them to get the message out.

If anything, the situation highlights how those in power have manipulated the situation since then to keep outsiders farther away from consideration in the championship process.

Everyone looks at the current playoff as if it was created simply to expand the number of participants from two teams to four teams. Just as big of a factor was that it gave those in power an excuse to change the selection criteria without making it so obvious they were trying to penalize teams outside the power structure. Outsiders like Boise St and TCU (at the time not in a BCS conference) were getting ranked too close to the top by the AP/coaches polls and the BCS formula, so the "Power" 5 were able to create this new system that keeps outsiders further away from the top spots, even with similar results (i.e UCF's two consecutive undefeated regular seasons).

Reactions: Knight Strength
I’m glad to see this series. Unlike many SEC fans who are biased against teams like Boise State and UCF, I enjoy good college football regardless of the conference. There is no question that the deck is stacked against teams outside of the Power 5 conferences as far as the CFP goes. A match-up like this will go a long way toward bolstering the winner’s strength of schedule and ranking in the polls.

One thing is for certain: Boise St. and UCF aren’t going away anytime soon. The former has firmly established itself as a perennial favorite in its conference each year and consistently makes it to a bowl game. UCF is building that type of program and has produced impressive results regardless of what some of the so-called ‘experts’ have said. I’ve said it in other posts on this message board. I’m cheering for chaos this season in hopes of seeing some of the “elite” programs lose multiple games. I would love to see a Boise St or UCF crash the CFP!

I’m cheering for chaos this season in hopes of seeing some of the “elite” programs lose multiple games. I would love to see a Boise St or UCF crash the CFP!

The chaos that will expand the playoffs is if the SEC gets two teams in again. A few people are even suggesting the SEC could get three teams this year...which should REALLY spark outrage and change.

If Boise St goes undefeated this year, the cynical part of me thinks the committee will rank them in the 5 - 6 range as a slap in the face to UCF for being so vocal the last two seasons.

The chaos that will expand the playoffs is if the SEC gets two teams in again. A few people are even suggesting the SEC could get three teams this year...which should REALLY spark outrage and change.

If Boise St goes undefeated this year, the cynical part of me thinks the committee will rank them in the 5 - 6 range as a slap in the face to UCF for being so vocal the last two seasons.

As a fan of a team in the SEC (UK), I don’t see 3 SEC teams getting into the playoffs. If there is an undefeated OU and/or Ohio State, there is no way they get locked out. I believe that 2 teams will more than likely get in as they did 2 years ago, but there are still several key conference head-to-head match-ups that will determine if that happens or not.

You are right about this: if 3 teams from the SEC make the CFP, there will be a tremendous backlash from the other conferences to change the current format.

As a fan of a team in the SEC (UK), I don’t see 3 SEC teams getting into the playoffs. If there is an undefeated OU and/or Ohio State, there is no way they get locked out. I believe that 2 teams will more than likely get in as they did 2 years ago, but there are still several key conference head-to-head match-ups that will determine if that happens or not.

You are right about this: if 3 teams from the SEC make the CFP, there will be a tremendous backlash from the other conferences to change the current format.

I have actually seen multiple articles suggesting it could happen. The assumption is that Alabama and Georgia meet in the SEC Championship Game undefeated, and LSU only has a close loss to Alabama. Plus there can be no undefeated teams from the B10 or B12.

In any case, it's nice to see a "Power" 5 fan who supports having a championship process that gives ALL FBS teams a shot. [cheers]

Reactions: Knight Strength

The last time Boise St went undefeated and was left out of the championship game/playoff was 2009. Boise St was ranked #6 after the conference championship games and the only team ahead of them with a loss was Florida State at 12-1.

So, there was less to be upset about...and since social media was not nearly as prevalent back then, there was less opportunity for them to get the message out.

If anything, the situation highlights how those in power have manipulated the situation since then to keep outsiders farther away from consideration in the championship process.

Everyone looks at the current playoff as if it was created simply to expand the number of participants from two teams to four teams. Just as big of a factor was that it gave those in power an excuse to change the selection criteria without making it so obvious they were trying to penalize teams outside the power structure. Outsiders like Boise St and TCU (at the time not in a BCS conference) were getting ranked too close to the top by the AP/coaches polls and the BCS formula, so the "Power" 5 were able to create this new system that keeps outsiders further away from the top spots, even with similar results (i.e UCF's two consecutive undefeated regular seasons).
Point me to one article that quotes a Boise St. admin speaking up on the non-A5 teams behalf during UCF's run. I will wait.

If there was any reason to take you -- incremental revenues, substantially larger television viewership, exceptional athletics or academic prestige -- some P5 would have by now.

But there's little to be gained for any P5 conference by adding UCF. Certainly, every conference has looked looked at that and passed. Sorry bridesmaids.

If there was any reason to take you -- incremental revenues, substantially larger television viewership, exceptional athletics or academic prestige -- some P5 would have by now.

But there's little to be gained for any P5 conference by adding UCF. Certainly, every conference has looked looked at that and passed. Sorry bridesmaids.

It’s been 5 days since you played us and you’re still here, this is new levels of pathetic...

It’s been 5 days since you played us and you’re still here, this is new levels of pathetic...

Someone needs to speak the truth about your delusional fan base and inept offensive/defensive lines.

I’m glad to see this series. Unlike many SEC fans who are biased against teams like Boise State and UCF, I enjoy good college football regardless of the conference. There is no question that the deck is stacked against teams outside of the Power 5 conferences as far as the CFP goes. A match-up like this will go a long way toward bolstering the winner’s strength of schedule and ranking in the polls.

One thing is for certain: Boise St. and UCF aren’t going away anytime soon. The former has firmly established itself as a perennial favorite in its conference each year and consistently makes it to a bowl game. UCF is building that type of program and has produced impressive results regardless of what some of the so-called ‘experts’ have said. I’ve said it in other posts on this message board. I’m cheering for chaos this season in hopes of seeing some of the “elite” programs lose multiple games. I would love to see a Boise St or UCF crash the CFP!
Let's start by getting the lingo right. It's always referred to as the CFI. It's an invitational.....not a playoff.

Last edited:
Someone needs to speak the truth about your delusional fan base and inept offensive/defensive lines.
So our TV market is worse than???
Ames, Iowa
Waco, Tx,
Manhattan, KS,
West Virginia anywhere
Winston Salem
....and on and on.....

We're the #18 TV market. Pittsburgh is #24. In fact, the only ACC teams with a bigger TV market are BC (#9 Boston), GaTech (#10 Atlanta), and Miami (#16). It just might be a good place to recruit players as well....just maybe.

BTW, American TV markets include:
#4 Philly (Temple)
#5 Dallas (SMU)
#6 Washington DC (Navy)
#7 Houston
#11 Tampa (USF)
#18 Orlando (UCF)

The reason for no conference expansion is simple. Pure greed. If you are a team like Pitt, just collecting checks off the backs of FSU, Clemson, Miami and VaTech since 1990, then why vote to get smaller paychecks. It's that easy to figure out.

Last edited:
Ames, Iowa
Waco, Tx,
Manhattan, KS,
West Virginia anywhere
Winston Salem
....and on and on.....

We're the #18 TV market. Pittsburgh is #24. In fact, the only ACC teams with a bigger TV market are BC (#9 Boston), GaTech (#10 Atlanta), and Miami (#16). It just might be a good place to recruit players as well....just maybe.

#4 Philly (Temple)
#5 Dallas (SMU)
#6 Washington DC (Navy)
#7 Houston
#11 Tampa (USF)
#18 Orlando (UCF)

The reason for no conference expansion is simple. Pure greed. If you are a team like Pitt, just collecting checks off the backs of FSU, Clemson, Miami and VaTech since 1990, then why vote to get smaller paychecks. It's that easy to figure out.

There is no evidence that you would be anything other than an also-ran in a major conference. Has your basketball team even been to the NCAA tournament more than twice this century?
Take a wild guess which Pennsylvania school blew UCF out of the tournament's first round in 2004. LMAO.

And you're like Rutgers -- in a major market but unable to deliver major viewership. Historically, many of Pitt's bigger games have had high viewership. That's the fact, Jack. You're all about pitching what COULD be with P5 membership versus the reality of what you can deliver in terms of TV viewers. But go ahead and dream.

Last edited:
Ames, Iowa
Waco, Tx,
Manhattan, KS,
West Virginia anywhere
Winston Salem
....and on and on.....

#4 Philly (Temple)
#5 Dallas (SMU)
#6 Washington DC (Navy)
#7 Houston
#11 Tampa (USF)
#18 Orlando (UCF)

You're such a fact-skewing moron. Nobody in Philly watches Temple. Nobody in DC watches Navy. And your argument about college-town TV markets is small. Gainesville is a tiny market but the Gators have huge viewership in the southeast. Same for most of the Big 10 and Midwestern viewers.

You're such a fact-skewing moron. Nobody in Philly watches Temple. Nobody in DC watches Navy. And your argument about college-town TV markets is small. Gainesville is a tiny market but the Gators have huge viewership in the southeast. Same for most of the Big 10 and Midwestern viewers.
Still here insulting your team. Pathetic.

There is no evidence that you would be anything other than an also-ran in a major conference. Has your basketball team even been to the NCAA tournament more than twice this century?
Take a wild guess which Pennsylvania school blew UCF out of the tournament's first round in 2004. LMAO.

And you're like Rutgers -- in a major market but unable to deliver major viewership. Historically, many of Pitt's bigger games have had high viewership. That's the fact, Jack. You're all about pitching what COULD be with P5 membership versus the reality of what you can deliver in terms of TV viewers. But go ahead and dream.
I guess when your football team does nothing for 3 decades you have to try and shift the conversation to basketball? We actually made the Tourney in 2004, 2005, and 2018. Our basketball is getting better but we have a long ways to go. You have a very good basketball program. I wish we could get that consistent.

What bigger games have you had in 3 decades? Last I checked you've only won 10 games once since 1990, and have no outright conference titles (you finished tied with 3 other teams in 2004 at 4-2 (4-2....really???), and in 2010 you finished tied with 2 other teams at 5-2....but there was no Big East title game). Somehow you got selected to play in the Fiesta Bowl in 2005 after being tied with 3 other teams. You represented yourselves well by getting beat 35-7 by Utah. You did go 7-7 last season including playing (and losing) the ACC title game 42-10 last year....and we beat you 45-14. Great job.

I found this for 2018: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/2/ Seems we had the 6th most watched bowl game, and 3rd most outside the CFI. I guess a few people care. I see your guys bowl game was down at #20, with about 5.9 million less people watching. There was about 900k more people that watched the ACC title game versus the AAC title game. I added up the total number of viewers for all our regular season games. Here are the results:
Pitt: 9 million
UCF: 11.9 million
***There is missing data for both our teams but last time I checked 11.9 million > 9 million

For 2017, we had the #15 most watched game. Hmmmmm, didn't see Pitt on that list anywhere.

I guess for a lowly G5 school we are doing alright. Maybe if we got in the ACC we could lower our viewership down to your level.

Last edited:

My post didn't have anything to do with UCF or Boise St joining the so called "Power" 5.

Don't they teach reading comprehension at Pitt?

Sadly, I expect more of the same if they eventually expand the invitational.

You seriously are bringing up basketball? You didn’t make tourney the last 2 seasons. We did last year. You’ve never won the tourney and you’ve been around for all of them. Last final 4 was in 1941. You clowns ran Dixon out of town and your program fell apart. Miller won’t even go there.

Reactions: Endeavor.

Man, you realize that Pitt was a big supporter of UCF joining the Big East back in the day, right? So, your argument here is frankly just wrong. It's only a matter of time for UCF to be in a larger conference or the playoff expands .

Reactions: Endeavor.
I guess when your football team does nothing for 3 decades you have to try and shift the conversation to basketball? We actually made the Tourney in 2004, 2005, and 2018. Our basketball is getting better but we have a long ways to go. You have a very good basketball program. I wish we could get that consistent.

What bigger games have you had in 3 decades? Last I checked you've only won 10 games once since 1990, and have no outright conference titles (you finished tied with 3 other teams in 2004 at 4-2 (4-2....really???), and in 2010 you finished tied with 2 other teams at 5-2....but there was no Big East title game). Somehow you got selected to play in the Fiesta Bowl in 2005 after being tied with 3 other teams. You represented yourselves well by getting beat 35-7 by Utah. You did go 7-7 last season including playing (and losing) the ACC title game 42-10 last year....and we beat you 45-14. Great job.

I found this for 2018: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/2/ Seems we had the 6th most watched bowl game, and 3rd most outside the CFI. I guess a few people care. I see your guys bowl game was down at #20, with about 5.9 million less people watching. There was about 900k more people that watched the ACC title game versus the AAC title game. I added up the total number of viewers for all our regular season games. Here are the results:
Pitt: 9 million
UCF: 11.9 million
***There is missing data for both our teams but last time I checked 11.9 million > 9 million

For 2017, we had the #15 most watched game. Hmmmmm, didn't see Pitt on that list anywhere.

I guess for a lowly G5 school we are doing alright. Maybe if we got in the ACC we could lower our viewership down to your level.
Spanked him like a red headed step child. Then again, Pitt is college footballs stepchild.

Ignored a lot of new posters last Sunday. Definitely welcome other fans to share differing opinions but when it gets to insults my ignore list grows.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

I figured we'd lose 1-2 in-conference, not out-of-conference, this year. But Pitt has beaten undefeated teams in 3 of the last 4 seasons now -- Clemson 2016 (NC year), Miami 2017 (overrated), UCF 2019 (TBD).

Yeah, I had to put @djbpitt on ignore as well. I'm fine with his gloating, Pitt won, we lost, but he's just ignorant of UCF football to the point of trolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
As much as I'd love to see UCF and Boise in a conference together one day, I honestly believe that the PAC has you guys at the top of their 'get' list once musical chairs starts up again.

Luved the way you guys beat down FSU!

Really too many "what if's" but man, it's a message board so let's speculate....

If they all expand to 16 then everybody is probably expanding to 16, and who knows how those chips are going to fall. Does the Big 12 get swallowed up? Current P5 programs would probably end up shifting around. New G5 teams would have to be added in. You could see teams shift all over the place. The Big 10 would need 2 teams, The Big 12 would need 6 teams, the Pac-12 would need 4 teams, the ACC would need 2 teams and the SEC would need 2 teams. That's a total of 16 teams needed in some combination (only 6 teams needed if the Big 12 got swallowed up) .

If the remaining two P5 conference stepped up to 14 teams each, then the ACC, SEC, and Big 10 are already set. The Pac 12 would need 2 teams and the Big 12 would need 4 teams. As for the PAC 12, you take Boise (even though the rest of their sports are....meh; Would they turn into Colorado, though???) but then what else is left west of the Rockies??? BYU...nobody has been able to pull them in yet??? San Diego State (big market, great weather, decent football, decent basketball???). With PAC-12 on their jersey they would get better recruits. After that it is slim pickings for what is left, if you are looking for programs with solid athletics outside of just football.

The Big 12 can't take baby steps and just go to 12. They would need to be proactive and move right up to 14, and they have enough to choose from to fill those slots. This would be most opportune for the Big 12 to jump the gun and snag up "the best of the rest". This would mean only 2-3 crossover games to the other division (depending on how many mandatory OOC games come out of a shift like this). I mean, if they are going to stop at 14 and raid the AAC, they might as well go all in and grab the best combination of football/basketball programs: UCF, Cincy, Memphis and Houston. We lag Cincy and Memphis in basketball but we make up for it in football, and have all the facilities in place. We just need a few impact players to take us to the next level. Having the Big 12 printed on our jersey would get us a couple of those kids, you would think. That could create a conference that looks like this (Complete speculation on reallignment into East/West divisions):
East: Cincy, Memphis, UCF, West Virginia, Iowa State, Kansas, Oklahoma/Texas
West: KState, OK State, Oklahoma/Texas, Texas Tech, Houston, Baylor, TCU
***Speculating that with the power they yield, Texas and Oklahoma would ensure they are in opposite divisions to give themselves the best chance to make it to the title game.***
If they wanted to, rivalry games such as Kansas/KState, Oklahoma/Texas (Red River rivalry) and Oklahoma/OK State (Bedlam) could still be maintained each year as one of their cross-division games, and everyone else would just shift who they play every couple of years.

I mean these were top 25 ranked programs in the last CFI rankings of 2018: Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia, Iowa State, and UCF. Several other teams probably right on the outside as well).

Wow, they are a good conference now but that becomes pretty insanely hard.....perhaps the hardest conference in college football instantly. You could have two "quality losses" and still be in any post-season discussions.

Last edited:
it is going to a power 4 after 2024 and those 4 conf will break with the ncaa and pay their players

there needs to be a 12 team payoff 10 conf winners 2 W C last year whouild been

1 Clem bye to final 8
2 bama bye to final 8
3 okle bye to final 8
4 ohio st bye to final 8
5 ND winner plays ohio st
6 UGA winner plays okle
7 WASH winner plays bama
8 UCF winner plays Clem
9 Fresno st winner plays Clem
10 App st winner plays bama
11 uab winner plays okle