ADVERTISEMENT

Boy Scouts Officially Allow Girls

African American doesn't even make sense. What did we call black people from countries other than America?

Reactions: Crazyhole
African American doesn't even make sense. What did we call black people from countries other than America?
One of my daughter's has a friend in her class that was born in South Africa. White as the day is long. She jokes about being African American.

Reactions: UCFWayne
One of my daughter's has a friend in her class that was born in South Africa. White as the day is long. She jokes about being African American.

Yep, knew a white guy in GA who was born and raised on a rubber plantation in Africa, he had the bad habit of getting lit in some questionable bars down south and announcing he was the only African American in the place. Technically he was right...

i mean what could go wrong with a bunch of boys and girls camping in tents in the woods at night? eh, thats what planned parenthood is for.*

Reactions: UCFBS
I don’t have any need whatsoever to defend myself to a couple immature internet trolls . I used the term I’ve seen used here and everywhere else most commonly to try and carry on a decent conversation debate here and avoid the same old bullshit . But it’s not possible I have discovered . As far as the comment about not being comfortable around black people lol. Just another example of being wrong about things you have no clue about

I don’t have any need whatsoever to defend myself to a couple immature internet trolls . I used the term I’ve seen used here and everywhere else most commonly to try and carry on a decent conversation debate here and avoid the same old bullshit . But it’s not possible I have discovered . As far as the comment about not being comfortable around black people lol. Just another example of being wrong about things you have no clue about

FC is basically a 10 year old troll.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...-female-boy-scouts-take-oath-arkansas/765219/

All-female Boy Scouts take oath in Arkansas

i thought they just wanted inclusion into the bsa. now they have created their own troop. lol at the bsa for allowing this. i wont be sad to see the org die.
What an absolute pillar of shit you've become. You're giddy fantasizing about the destruction of an organization for children to learn about nature and science and engineering because they let girls join too. You're a human waste bin.

What an absolute pillar of shit you've become. You're giddy fantasizing about the destruction of an organization for children to learn about nature and science and engineering because they let girls join too. You're a human waste bin.
there was already a great organization for them to do so in. they shouldve lobbied to change the girl scouts for the better.

i thought they just wanted inclusion into the bsa. now they have created their own troop. lol at the bsa for allowing this.

Your ignorance of the situation with the BSA is stunning. The point of the move was to provide girls with a values-based, outdoor skills program that they weren't getting from anyone else, including the Girl Scouts. It also recognized that with many families, particularly one-parent families, it was extremely difficult to involve sons in scouts without also providing the same opportunity for daughters. They've increasingly been 'tag-alongs' at Cub scout meetings over the past couple of decades. This just made them official.

Now you're actually laughing at an-all female troop? That was always the plan despite all the crazy hyperbole about 'co-ed' tents.

Your ignorance of the situation with the BSA is stunning. The point of the move was to provide girls with a values-based, outdoor skills program that they weren't getting from anyone else, including the Girl Scouts. It also recognized that with many families, particularly one-parent families, it was extremely difficult to involve sons in scouts without also providing the same opportunity for daughters. They've increasingly been 'tag-alongs' at Cub scout meetings over the past couple of decades. This just made them official.

Now you're actually laughing at an-all female troop? That was always the plan despite all the crazy hyperbole about 'co-ed' tents.
there were 2 scouting groups based on sex. they could have easily made changes to the girls scout org to include outdoor skills. is that really a hard concept to grasp? instead they demanded boys let girls in. then they self segregated once in the bsa. thats just dumb. the bsa has experienced a drop off in members because of it. i bet that had the gsa added more outdoor skills, they wouldve seen a big jump in membership.

Reactions: Crazyhole
there were 2 scouting groups based on sex. they could have easily made changes to the girls scout org to include outdoor skills. is that really a hard concept to grasp? instead they demanded boys let girls in. then they self segregated once in the bsa. thats just dumb

Excuse me 'Mister Free Enterprise' but the BSA and the Girl Scouts are private businesses. Because of their original names you believe these businesses should be prevented from changing? Our society in general and our military in particular, have made major changes over recent decades but let's not allow the Boy Scouts to follow suit by golly!!!

the bsa has experienced a drop off in members because of it.
Baloney. Let's ignore the fact that the numbers in both the BSA and the Girl Scouts have been steadily dropping steadily for the past three decades.

Excuse me 'Mister Free Enterprise' but the BSA and the Girl Scouts are private businesses. Because of their original names you believe these businesses should be prevented from changing? Our society in general and our military in particular, have made major changes over recent decades but let's not allow the Boy Scouts to follow suit by golly!!!

Baloney. Let's ignore the fact that the numbers in both the BSA and the Girl Scouts have been steadily dropping steadily for the past three decades.
so why not change the girl scouts to better suite todays needs?

so why not change the girl scouts to better suite todays needs?
Because the boy scouts don't run the girl scouts? Why are you giddy fantasizing about the destruction of an organization for children because a different organization for children didn't change their mission?

Reactions: DaShuckster
This doesn't impact @UCFUncleWayne at all but he's giddy dreaming about the boy scouts shutting down because it's some obscure political win he's imagining. If excluding girls from learning about the outdoors or science and engineering gives you a political-win-boner you're probably a dumpster water level human being.

Because the boy scouts don't run the girl scouts

You would think that was obvious but apparently not. :)

Ask the girls who are attracted to the BSA and they'll tell you that they are excited about a program where they can shoot guns, do archery, backpacking, and real camping. I'm not saying the Girl Scouts don't do some of these activities but their program is still very traditional in nature, in other words, "home eccy"

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...-female-boy-scouts-take-oath-arkansas/765219/

i thought they just wanted inclusion into the bsa. now they have created their own troop. lol at the bsa for allowing this. i wont be sad to see the org die.
Boys and Girl Scouts become PC Culture, Identity Politics, and Liberal Agendas and Ideas. They will be aggressive in teaching transgender, gay, lesbian, identity politics, Black Lives Matter, Feminism, and more.

The Scouts threw themselves under the bus many years ago when they decided to abandon God and His Teachings for World Standards. The Motto of Scouts isn't about developing Godly Girls and Boys, but rather mix the girls and boys into gender neutral and other pc culture nonsense.

The next thing on their agenda is to force the nfl, nba, mlb, nhl and the pga all to have female players . After all if women make such fine combat soldiers then it is unfair to prevent them from playing professional sports and having them gain access to big money. Then we could start the same thing in the convents and monasteries. Let the democrats have more rope with whichto hang themselves.

You would think that was obvious but apparently not. :)

Ask the girls who are attracted to the BSA and they'll tell you that they are excited about a program where they can shoot guns, do archery, backpacking, and real camping. I'm not saying the Girl Scouts don't do some of these activities but their program is still very traditional in nature, in other words, "home eccy"
Go back to your MSM and spew your leftist hate and BS there .You need to tell who ever is paying you to spew their bs you need new scripts .Also need a cut in pay cause you suck as a troll .
And you still owe @fabknight an apology.

This doesn't impact @UCFUncleWayne at all but he's giddy dreaming about the boy scouts shutting down because it's some obscure political win he's imagining. If excluding girls from learning about the outdoors or science and engineering gives you a political-win-boner you're probably a dumpster water level human being.
And you're one of the all time ass hat useful idiot sjw leftist blm commies who would rather see people put in positions based on government mandates regarding pigment and plumbing. (affirmative action). Often this includes employees who cannot perform their job title at even a basic level with competence. People should be put in positions who are capable of preforming the work required of them independently with excellent results. Women are wonderful contributors to our society, however, their expertise and God given abilities differ from those of men. Likewise, the same is true of men. You idiots who think there are minimal differences between most men and women are just in a state of idiotic self-induced denial.

You idiots who think there are minimal differences between most men and women are just in a state of idiotic self-induced denial.

Quite a series of rants there. But who the F*** said anything about 'minimal' differences between men and women??!?!?!?

The issue here is about the areas where differences don't exist.
What the F*** is wrong with a ten year old girl wanting to do archery or shoot BB guns with other girls in the BSA? How is giving her that opportunity creating a "state of idiotic, self-induced denial" you knuckle-dragging neanderthal?

i mean what could go wrong with a bunch of boys and girls camping in tents in the woods at night? eh, thats what planned parenthood is for.*
Okay, now that made me laugh pretty hard. Good one. ;)

So, for the girls who want to learn how to hunt, camp, fish, etc, screw 'em right?
Apparently the Girl Scouts thought so ... so much they wanted to change the Boy Scouts. So ... now that the Boy Scounts are no more, and it's Scouts BSA, do we need the Girl Scouts still?

Oh, that's right ... one-way.

So ... now that the Boy Scounts are no more, and it's Scouts BSA, do we need the Girl Scouts still?

Oh, that's right ... one-way.

One way??!?!?! The Girl Scouts is a business. If they can't innovate to stay competitive in the youth marketplace, that's on them. Sheeesh, should we whine about Netflix because their innovation drove Blockbuster out of business?

BINGO!

Meatheads are dying a slow, and painful, death. But 85, Wayne, and Bob, are going to fight their tails off to protect their manliness from the attacks of soy-boys in skinny jeans.
I love myself.
Still relevant.

Bought popcorn from a little girl this weekend. It reminded me of this stupid ass thread. It's worth a trip down memory lane.
LOL I'd forgotten all about it.

BSA (The organization's new name) has both boy and girl scout troops with male and female scout leaders and family cub scout packs with boys and girls while the Girl Scouts of America organization is still alive and out there selling cookies.

Apparently the world didn't come to an end after all. :)

• Haha
Reactions: chemmie
LOL I'd forgotten all about it.

BSA (The organization's new name) has both boy and girl scout troops with male and female scout leaders and family cub scout packs with boys and girls while the Girl Scouts of America organization is still alive and out there selling cookies.

Apparently the world didn't come to an end after all. :)
It did for rednecks. They can't afford a full-frontal assault on their masculinity like this one.

It did for rednecks. They can't afford a full-frontal assault on their masculinity like this one.
Yep, and the presence of transgendered females in society is another one. A real ONE-TWO punch to the ol' masculinity gut. :)

Yep, and the presence of transgendered females in society is another one. A real ONE-TWO punch to the ol' masculinity gut. :)
Any "boy" that wants to be a girlscout should be kicked in the balls to remind them that they AREN'T A GIRL AND YOU ARE SCREWING WITH THEIR MINDS BY SAYING THAT ITS OK TO THINK THAT THEY ARE!!!!! I dont give a crap about gay friend or family members and how that may affect someone's outlook. If you actively encourage a boy to think they are a girl or vice versa, you are defying God, nature, and the basic premises of life.

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
Any "boy" that wants to be a girlscout should be kicked in the balls to remind them that they AREN'T A GIRL AND YOU ARE SCREWING WITH THEIR MINDS BY SAYING THAT ITS OK TO THINK THAT THEY ARE!!!!! I dont give a crap about gay friend or family members and how that may affect someone's outlook. If you actively encourage a boy to think they are a girl or vice versa, you are defying God, nature, and the basic premises of life.
Troll too obvious. 3/10

ok, Cleetus.

This thread is woke level 11/10

Can we also let dogs and cats in boy scouts if they identify as male humans?
Well, that is just a hateful and disrespectful remark that only shows that you are a dickhead.
In other words, you're proving our point that you guys are dumb neanderthals, and you're upset because you think your fragile masculinity is under attack.

Well, that is just a hateful and disrespectful remark that only shows that you are a dickhead.
In other words, you're proving our point that you guys are dumb neanderthals, and you're upset because you think your fragile masculinity is under attack.
The bizarre thing about the fury this action by the Boy Scouts of America created -- 4 years ago now -- is that the organization was patterned after our armed forces (and has often been considered to be 'pre-military' training.) Hell, I'm a BSA adult volunteer and I can't count the number of times a parent has come up to me when I'm in uniform and 'thanked me for my service.'

Yet the first woman to enlist was back in 1918 and a 1948 law made women a permanent part of our military services. But in 2017, having the scouts announce they're going co-ed was somehow unAmerican??!? Seriously, WTF?

The bizarre thing about the fury this action by the Boy Scouts of America created -- 4 years ago now -- is that the organization was patterned after our armed forces (and has often been considered to be 'pre-military' training.) Hell, I'm a BSA adult volunteer and I can't count the number of times a parent has come up to me when I'm in uniform and 'thanked me for my service.'

Yet the first woman to enlist was back in 1918 and a 1948 law made women a permanent part of our military services. But in 2017, having the scouts announce they're going co-ed was somehow unAmerican??!? Seriously, WTF?
Well, the people bitching about this are the same people still bitching about women in the military. So...

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
Serious question:

Do you not think it’s healthy for boys to have outlets that are just for them, where girls aren’t allowed?

My feelings on this are pretty strong. There needs to be a healthy place for boys to be boys where girls aren’t around. Boys naturally accommodate the presence of girls and change their behavior accordingly when they’re around. From cutting back on things like fart jokes and playing less aggressively, to darker, more negative behaviors like competing for the attention of girls (sometimes in nasty or cruel ways), these are unavoidable consequences of adding girls to a group.

Before you counter with “but they need to learn to interact with girls,” there are countless other situations where they have coed social interaction - school being the most obvious.

To this day, at 35 years old, I still thoroughly enjoy getting together with my guy friends and having some beers. If our significant others are around it’s still a good time, but the energy is different.

• Wow
Reactions: chemmie
Serious question:

Do you not think it’s healthy for boys to have outlets that are just for them, where girls aren’t allowed?

My feelings on this are pretty strong. There needs to be a healthy place for boys to be boys where girls aren’t around. Boys naturally accommodate the presence of girls and change their behavior accordingly when they’re around. From cutting back on things like fart jokes and playing less aggressively, to darker, more negative behaviors like competing for the attention of girls (sometimes in nasty or cruel ways), these are unavoidable consequences of adding girls to a group.

Before you counter with “but they need to learn to interact with girls,” there are countless other situations where they have coed social interaction - school being the most obvious.

To this day, at 35 years old, I still thoroughly enjoy getting together with my guy friends and having some beers. If our significant others are around it’s still a good time, but the energy is different.

So what you're really saying is that there are things you would do in front of your boys that you wouldn't dare do in the presence of your wife.

You're the one with the problem, meathead.

So what you're really saying is that there are things you would do in front of your boys that you wouldn't dare do in the presence of your wife.

You're the one with the problem, meathead.
Didn’t think a reasonable conversation could be had with you.

And yes. I’ll tell gross stories that my guy friends think are funny that would mortify their wives.

There are also plenty of things that we talk about in relation to our perspectives as men and the struggle to understand where a woman is coming from in a relationship.

But go ahead… call me a meathead because I see the value in having honest discussions with guy friends without our wives or girlfriends around.

You’re an insufferable prick.

Reactions: humanjerk
Didn’t think a reasonable conversation could be had with you.

And yes. I’ll tell gross stories that my guy friends think are funny that would mortify their wives.

There are also plenty of things that we talk about in relation to our perspectives as men and the struggle to understand where a woman is coming from in a relationship.

But go ahead… call me a meathead because I see the value in having honest discussions with guy friends without our wives or girlfriends around.

You’re an insufferable prick.
My answer to your original question: is it healthy to have a boys-only refuge? "Healthy" is an odd phrasing. It implies you're getting something out of it, which I don't believe is true.
Is it necessary? No.
I don't feel any need to have boys-only time in my life. Never. Maybe I just like my wife a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT