ADVERTISEMENT

Brexit

My point was that it wouldn't have mattered either way. Admittedly, I am no UK political wonk, but I looked at the same map you've posted and it sure appeared to me that there were more blueish territories than yellowish ones.

However, if a "Electoral College-like" vote would have actually kept the UK in the EU, then I stand corrected.
is this not what you want here? the vote was literally direct democracy in action. or are you simply not happy with the results? perhaps you think they should shift to an electoral system to make sure you get the results you wanted?

but they voted in direct democracy and the leave option won. why are you so against direct democracy? or are you only against direct democracy when your side loses?
Hey, I'm all for direct democracy. If the United Kingdom wants to fu*k themselves over because of perceived boogieman immigrants, that's on them.

I haven't been following this clusterfu*k too closely but what I do know is that a lot of England's "Joe Sixpack" crowd sent a 'FU' message with their Brexit votes without realizing the full consequences of what they were doing. A lot of American voters responsible for Trump's Electoral College win did the same thing.

Funny how this "mob rule" thing differs for you depending on the subject. :)

Oh and when have I spoken to the contrary? I've always spoken out against mob rule referendums, including the ones on the FL ballot last November.

Calling people voting for what they want "mob rule" I mean this is some next level spin. You're really stepping your game up on this. First comparing terrorism and abortion and now when people get all wound up on election day and vote that's just "mob rule"

Your brain must be preserved for science.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Calling people voting for what they want "mob rule" I mean this is some next level spin. You're really stepping your game up on this. First comparing terrorism and abortion and now when people get all wound up on election day and vote that's just "mob rule"

Your brain must be preserved for science.

lol look at you. Shook Chicken. You're crying so hard about wanting the rules changed because you lost an election that you're now deflecting harder than you've ever had to deflect before.

Here, let me help you - no one gives a shit that millions of Shook liberals homogenously live in CA and NY and skew the national vote. I give not 2 shits and the rest of the country doesn't care either. We're going to remain a Republic and continue electing Presidents as we have since the EC was put in place, no matter how much crying comes from Shooksters like you.

Reactions: UCFWayne
lol look at you. Shook Chicken. You're crying so hard about wanting the rules changed because you lost an election that you're now deflecting harder than you've ever had to deflect before.

Here, let me help you - no one gives a shit that millions of Shook liberals homogenously live in CA and NY and skew the national vote. I give not 2 shits and the rest of the country doesn't care either. We're going to remain a Republic and continue electing Presidents as we have since the EC was put in place, no matter how much crying comes from Shooksters like you.
Yikes, why don't you take a break from your phone for a bit you're absolutely frothing at the mouth you nutjob.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resul..._Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum
800px-United_Kingdom_EU_referendum_2016_area_results.svg.png

the point went clear over your head. the left leaders have called to remove the electoral college. that would mean who ever got more votes wins regardless of who won which state. more people voted to leave the eu than stay. might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills
Preach it my civics brother!

The left only likes things that favor them, not when they are designed to 'balance out' a supermajority in one area.

The Brexit is the perfect example of how simple majorities fail.

Preach it my civics brother!

The left only likes things that favor them, not when they are designed to 'balance out' a supermajority in one area.

The Brexit is the perfect example of how simple majorities fail.

That won't stop these Shook Chickens from wanting this nonsense. The crying over 2016 will only get louder.

That won't stop these Shook Chickens from wanting this nonsense. The crying over 2016 will only get louder.
As the saying goes... "Recount, change the rules, etc... until the Democrat wins."

I personally loved how Democrats argued the state of Texas rules should apply to Florida in 2000.

Interesting take from the Masterminds of State Gerrymandering!
Oh no, youre wrong about that. UCFBS is a devoted lIbErTaRiAn. His party never does anything wrong because they never get in power. They are basically don't exist outside of the theoretical so they can't be criticized by either side. It's a great place to argue your superior stance because it never needs to be tested by reality. It's a great political party to be in if you want to pontificate.

https://www.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-resign-if-mps-back-her-brexit-deal-1922-committee-2019-3

Theresa May confirms that she will stand down as prime minister once she has delivered Brexit.
The prime minister tells a meeting of Conservative MPs that she will stand downif MPs back her deal and Britain leaves the EU.
May had previously committed to resigning before the next general election in 2022 but had resisted calls to spell out when.
The prime minister's decision to set out her resignation plans came after Conservative MPs indicated they would back her deal if she agreed to leave Downing Street.

looks like boris johnson and his conservative party won big the other day. i guess most british people did in fact want to leave after all despite all the media coverage that they should stay.

This prompts a greater question: whatever happened to boob the citronut? He just up and disappeared like a fart in the night.

The problem with both the conservatives in the UK and the US is that they are not fiscally conservative any more.

But coincidentally they have become more liberal on civil rights, instead of the progressives that have become authoritative.

The people of England simply wish to MAKE BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN!

I wish them well on their journey to free themselves of the EU tyrants.

The people of England simply wish to MAKE BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN!

I wish them well on their journey to free themselves of the EU tyrants.

What does that even mean? Britain went from being an Empire, to a crumbling empire, to joining the EU. This is will be the first time in modern history they are more or less operating simply as a completely independent island nation, so there is no "again".

What does that even mean? Britain went from being an Empire, to a crumbling empire, to joining the EU. This is will be the first time in modern history they are more or less operating simply as a completely independent island nation, so there is no "again".

It means they will once again be autonomous and free to make their own decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT