ADVERTISEMENT

Bubba Wallace Noose Not Really A Noose

And swastikas predate Nazis. symbols change. For black people, nooses have been used to intimidate. Its not your choice what symbols are ok and what are not. Be courteous to your countrymen. Dont be a dick. Dont defend symbols of hate. Why is this so hard for 32% of the population to understand?

Stop being a total moron. A noose has an exact, definitive meaning - something to hang black people with. Not every rope with a loop on the end is a noose, unless you're prepared to make the most insane statement otherwise. This was not a "noose". It was a f*cking rope to pull a garage door down that was put there months and months ago.

Intent matters. There are people which now includes Wallace that want to convince us otherwise. Even though this pull rope had absolutely no racist undertones, they're insisting it did because they're falsely calling it a "noose". No.

I want to see a picture of the rope. There is a difference between a loop with a knot and a noose. I don’t know anyone that would tie a garage pull down rope like this and doubt this is how it was tied at the track:

knots-a-hangmans-noose-adam-hart-davisscience-photo-library.jpg
This looks like a noose to me.
fbi-provides-details-on-rope-found-in-bubba-wallaces-garage.jpg

For what, dolls? Puppets?
If they all looked like this, no big deal.

But why such an elaborate noose handle when all the other pull downs show a rope with a simple knot tied at the end? Bubba's crew member checked them all before going to his boss about it.

If they all looked like this, no big deal.

But why such an elaborate noose handle when all the other pull downs show a rope with a simple knot tied at the end? Bubba's crew member checked them all before going to his boss about it.

Wait. Are you now preparing to go down the route where you insist that some random person with racist intentions, back in October 2019, made this "noose" specifically for Bubba Wallace to be found in June 2020, and knew exactly which garage he'd be assigned 9 months before the race actually happened?

I honestly hope this IS where you're going because tearing down this insanity would be a lot of fun.

How many black people today have actually been threatened with physical violence with a noose? 100? 10?
Without looking, name 2 people in the history of the US that have been executed by hanging. Or executed in the public square by any means.

Without looking, name 2 people in the history of the US that have been executed by hanging. Or executed in the public square by any means.
I think the people that were co-conspirators in Lincolns assassination were. I think there was a bar owner and a prostitute in that group.

Public hangings??? Heeeeeeeellllllooooooo....this is about America's history of white mobs lynching black men.

Emmett Till was "executed" in this fashion. Till was a 14-year old boy.

Public hangings??? Heeeeeeeellllllooooooo....this is about America's history of white mobs lynching black men.

You never answered my question. Are you saying that you think some person planted a "noose" for Bubba - back in October?

Ugh. Read the post before you respond to it.

You never answered my question. Are you saying that you think some person planted a "noose" for Bubba - back in October?
No. I just find it strange that all the other garage doors ropes had simple knots tied at the bottom and not some elaborately knotted noose. Given that, it's no wonder that Bubba's crew member stepped forward.

That said, I agree the 'no harm, no foul' decision. But it was certainly weird.

i could see how a bowline knot could look like a noose from a distance. however close up, one should be able to tell the difference. especially people that have grown up in garages their entire lives.

i could see how a bowline knot could look like a noose from a distance. however close up, one should be able to tell the difference. especially people that have grown up in garages their entire lives.

That's the knot they used to hang Emmet Till.

I may be wrong here but Emmet Till was shot in the head and thrown in a river, was he not?
Wait. WHHHHAAAAATTTTTT?

Yes, he was kidnapped by 2 white guys and 2 black guys, taken out in the middle of nowhere, pistol whipped, shot in the face, and thrown in the river. Not exactly the lynching that Shuckster claimed it to be above.

Reactions: DAiello18
Bryant and Milam said they intended to beat Till and throw him off an embankment into the river to frighten him. They told Huie that while they were beating Till, he called them bastards, declared he was as good as they, and said that he had sexual encounters with white women. They put Till in the back of their truck, drove to a cotton gin to take a 70-pound fan—the only time they admitted to being worried, thinking that by this time in early daylight they would be spotted and accused of stealing—and drove for several miles along the river looking for a place to dispose of Till. They shot him by the river and weighted his body with the fan.

Three days after his abduction and murder, Till's swollen and disfigured body was found by two boys who were fishing in the Tallahatchie River. His head was very badly mutilated, he had been shot above the right ear, an eye was dislodged from the socket, there was evidence that he had been beaten on the back and the hips, and his body weighted by a fan blade, which was fastened around his neck with barbed wire.

Yeah, there was no noose. He actually was shot and beaten to death...

Why does It look completely different in the two pics? I’m not claiming anything before that gets assumed. But Chemmie’s pic looks like a noose that someone could actually use and more in the open, whereas the other one looks super tiny and next to the corner of the door which isn’t a place where someone would hang an intimidation piece, you would think.

So, the investigation shows that only 11 total at the track that had a pull-down rope tied in a knot and only one of them had a noose.

If that 2nd picture is the legit one, then yup, that’s a noose. No problem at all with it being reported. If it was up since October or whenever the FBI said then it’s not something directed at Wallace but why would a garage rope be tied like that?

It didnt looking anything like that, quit being disenguous.

What's disingenuous is having 15 FBI agents investigate and tell you that this rope was from October 2019, and still insisting that it was put there by a racist and intended for you.

I want to see a picture of the rope. There is a difference between a loop with a knot and a noose. I don’t know anyone that would tie a garage pull down rope like this and doubt this is how it was tied at the track:

knots-a-hangmans-noose-adam-hart-davisscience-photo-library.jpg
Well. Turns out you were incorrect.

I'm excited to know that we've now entered the Racists are Time Traveling phase of 2020, where people are willing to believe that some random person in October 2019 knew that Bubba Wallace would occupy that exact garage in June 2020, and left a noose there for racist purposes.

If that 2nd picture is the legit one, then yup, that’s a noose. No problem at all with it being reported. If it was up since October or whenever the FBI said then it’s not something directed at Wallace but why would a garage rope be tied like that?

Well we've eliminated all other explanations so racism.

I'm excited to know that we've now entered the Racists are Time Traveling phase of 2020, where people are willing to believe that some random person in October 2019 knew that Bubba Wallace would occupy that exact garage in June 2020, and left a noose there for racist purposes.
No one is saying it was directed at him we had no details of it being there in 2019. Obviously it wasnt for him but you guys were acting like it was crazy for NASCAR to say it was a noose at all. Turns out it clearly was.

I’m going to split the line here. I think that is a noose, based on Chemmie’s picture released by NASCAR and not the far away picture.

That being said, I don’t think It was a traditional noose as used in a hate filled way. It was left there a year prior, with no knowledge of Wallace being there or even racing at this course.

I think it’s more likely some jackoff tied It and didn’t think twice because he needed to tie the garage door pulley. That being said, Wallace’s crew given the recent protests over the losing teams flag being banned went “oh shit” and reported It.

They found no ill-intent, and everyone moved on. Little haste by the media and nascar to assume he was targeted, little bit of idiocy by whoever tied it and was like yup this is fine.

I’m going to split the line here. I think that is a noose, based on Chemmie’s picture released by NASCAR and not the far away picture.

That being said, I don’t think It was a traditional noose as used in a hate filled way. It was left there a year prior, with no knowledge of Wallace being there or even racing at this course.

I think it’s more likely some jackoff tied It and didn’t think twice because he needed to tie the garage door pulley. That being said, Wallace’s crew given the recent protests over the losing teams flag being banned went “oh shit” and reported It.

They found no ill-intent, and everyone moved on. Little haste by the media and nascar to assume he was targeted, little bit of idiocy by whoever tied it and was like yup this is fine.

Maybe the title of this thread you started is inaccurate?

Maybe the title of this thread you started is inaccurate?

When the thread was started It was accurate and I have no idea how to change titles now. Because at the time if you read my post I linked the ESPN article which said It wasn’t and my original post said It was very confusing as you can see.

“So apparently, someone tied the garage door pulldown almost a year ago. Nobody noticed until now or apparently It never looked like a noose until now. Very confusing.”

No one is saying it was directed at him we had no details of it being there in 2019. Obviously it wasnt for him but you guys were acting like it was crazy for NASCAR to say it was a noose at all. Turns out it clearly was.

People use "noose" to refer to a rope intended to harass or kill black people. That is exactly what is meant when that word is used now. This is not at all what happened in this instance.

I think the important distinction to be made here is the difference between Noose, and a rope fashioned like one.

This was not a noose in the racial sense. Its a Handle Type Knot that ended up looking like one and got blown out of control.

ADVERTISEMENT