ADVERTISEMENT

Buy your M855 now

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
Obama's regime of assholes and morons is now using the BATF for de facto gun control by banning M855 as "armor piercing" and claiming it's a threat to officer safety (suddenly, he gives a shit about police), even though the Fraternal Order of Police has said that the M855 rifle ammunition poses no greater threat to police that any other round.

Not sure if the BATF can do this but they're pushing it. Prices have already spiked for this type of ammo so buy it soon.

Came in here thinking it was a new BMW model or something.
embarassed.r191677.gif

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
Obama's regime of assholes and morons is now using the BATF for de facto gun control by banning M855 as "armor piercing" and claiming it's a threat to officer safety (suddenly, he gives a shit about police), even though the Fraternal Order of Police has said that the M855 rifle ammunition poses no greater threat to police that any other round.

Not sure if the BATF can do this but they're pushing it. Prices have already spiked for this type of ammo so buy it soon.
I would hold on bulk buys...there is stiff resistance to this measure as Obama forgot to think about the fact that many in law enforcement are also sports shooters. Also, this only covers most green-tip, there are still some soft-point variants that will be legal, mostly in .223 though. I like shooting standard lead more anyway.

5.56 and.223 will still be legal to buy...

"Other types of 5.56 mm rounds would still be legal to buy, own and fire from guns."
This post was edited on 3/4 9:22 AM by Malthus Doctrine

Originally posted by Malthus Doctrine:

I would hold on bulk buys...there is stiff resistance to this measure as Obama forgot to think about the fact that many in law enforcement are also sports shooters. Also, this only covers most green-tip, there are still some soft-point variants that will be legal, mostly in .223 though. I like shooting standard lead more anyway.

"Other types of 5.56 mm rounds would still be legal to buy, own and fire from guns."

Yea but many people don't like the M193 55 gr and want the 62 gr.

Yea but many people don't like the M193 55 gr and want the 62 gr.
Yeah, I know. I was intending to show that "all is not lost" in the worst case scenario. Either way, if passed, it will be repealed quite quickly due to it's arbitrary nature. We should catch up and shoot sometime, actually...know a good outdoor range you can recommend? I've been going to East Orange...need a change in scenery.

I guess they did not learn from the previous "Obama is going to take your guns" campaign.

Unfortunately the talks on the ban of M855 has led to a big run on all 5.56 and 223 qmmo. The average bubba has heard that an executive order was going to happen and assumed that it would be a ban on most AR15/M4 carbine ammo. Been watching the prices over the last few days since I am negotiating the sale of $200,000.00 worth and prices keep going up across the board and most wholesalers are now out. What was 36-39 cents per round is at 44 cents plus and this is just regular FMJ. The large manufacturers won't have anymore available until May and they are just building to backorder. Luckily I have the ammo the customer needs on hold.

Originally posted by MACHater02:
Originally posted by UCF w00t:

Originally posted by EweSeaEff:
embarassed.r191677.gif
Same but the name sounded a bit funky. Then I noticed the poster and realized it was gun bs.
+1
Then why the f#ck did you guys post in it? Jesus Christ you f'ers are like germs.

Originally posted by MACHater02:

Originally posted by UCF w00t:

Originally posted by EweSeaEff:
embarassed.r191677.gif
Same but the name sounded a bit funky. Then I noticed the poster and realized it was gun bs.
+1
Then why the f#ck did you guys post in it? Jesus Christ you f'ers are like germs.
Some germs are good.

On the subject, I just bought an MP15 VTAC from Smith and Wesson on 50% discount.

smokin.r191677.gif

811025_01_md.jpg

On the subject, I just bought an MP15 VTAC from Smith and Wesson on 50% discount.

smokin.r191677.gif

ec
50% Discount is great. Nice rifle. I just bought the Sapper for 15% off the sale price - it's built locally to the same specs and using a lot of the same parts as the Colts. Local vendor, veteran owned...supporting the mom and pops! I've added a foregrip and need to buy a nice red dot for it now.

Rifle Specifications:

16 inch 4150 Chrome-Moly Barrel

M4 Barrel Profile

MagPul MBUS Folding Sights Front and Rear

Chambered in 5.56mm

1:7 Twist Barrel Rifling

A2 Flash Hider

Free Float Quad Rail

Carbine Length Direct Impingement Gas System

M16 Bolt Carrier Group

Flat-top Upper with M4 Cuts

Arms Room Lower Receiver

U.S. Made, Mil-Spec Upper and Lower Parts

M4 Stock and Buffer Tube

M4 Grip

I know it won't hold it's value like a Colt, S&W or a Sig but I don't plan on selling it and the rifle itself is just as good and was less expensive for the equivalent models.
EPB_4569-1000x1000.jpg

Im curious what some of you guys would consider as a good budget red dot? Friend of mine is looking for one so I started to do a little research but I dont know enough to give a good recommendation.

Originally posted by UCFWayne:
Im curious what some of you guys would consider as a good budget red dot? Friend of mine is looking for one so I started to do a little research but I dont know enough to give a good recommendation.
Read this for some basics on choosing an optic...
Red Dot

A pretty decent budget red dot would be the Vortex Strikefire Optic...$150 or so

I'm saving up for an Aimpoint Pro.

Eotech makes some really good optics but I refuse to by L3 stuff.

The best budget red dot I've found is Primary Arms.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_Removable_Base_Gen_II_NV_p/md-rbgii.htm

Their micro red dot is just $89 and it works great. For the majority of casual rifle shooters, there is absolutely no need for stupid expensive ACOGs or red dot reflex sights. It's great seeing guys at the range with their $1,000 Aimpoint's while hitting targets 25 yards away.
Iron sighting a target at 25 yards is pretty simply and quick. It seems a red dot wouldn't improve accuracy but only quicken target acquisition.

Would you consider $390 too expensive? I figured Aimpoint PRO Patrol would be perfect...after all, it's about 100yards from my door to the road.
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by fabknight:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_Removable_Base_Gen_II_NV_p/md-rbgii.htm

Their micro red dot is just $89 and it works great. For the majority of casual rifle shooters, there is absolutely no need for stupid expensive ACOGs or red dot reflex sights. It's great seeing guys at the range with their $1,000 Aimpoint's while hitting targets 25 yards away.
Iron sighting a target at 25 yards is pretty simply and quick. It seems a red dot wouldn't improve accuracy but only quicken target acquisition.

Would you consider $390 too expensive? I figured Aimpoint PRO Patrol would be perfect...after all, it's about 100yards from my door to the road.
smokin.r191677.gif
No that's actually a good price. Where did you find $390? I've only found 'em for $420 and up.

When I go to Montana for my vacation this summer I may splurge and buy an ACOG for my new VTAC.

smokin.r191677.gif
No that's actually a good price. Where did you find $390? I've only found 'em for $420 and up.

When I go to Montana for my vacation this summer I may splurge and buy an ACOG for my new VTAC.
I don't have it off the top of my head but I was looking at them about 3 weeks ago. I think that they were charging like $25 for shipping. I have it written down at home somewhere - if I can find it, I will post it for you.

I'll sell you my Aimpoint pro for $400 shipped fab, it even includes a FDE scope coat. I'm on a 1-4x variable power optic kick at the moment and trying those out.

Good call on avoiding Eotech, my 512 is garbage. Can't handle the recoil of my mossberg 930 SPX and literally turns off after every shot, pretty pathetic for a $400 optic. Aimpoints are bullet proof and feel like they will last forever.

I'm going to Aimpoint's Live Fire Days in Sweden during mid September.

Can't wait.
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by UCFWayne:
I just bought a good red dot for $3.99. Keeps the wifes cat busy and leaving the old cat alone to nap. Was a great purchase.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by NinjaKnight:
I'll sell you my Aimpoint pro for $400 shipped fab, it even includes a FDE scope coat. I'm on a 1-4x variable power optic kick at the moment and trying those out.

Good call on avoiding Eotech, my 512 is garbage. Can't handle the recoil of my mossberg 930 SPX and literally turns off after every shot, pretty pathetic for a $400 optic. Aimpoints are bullet proof and feel like they will last forever.
How old is it and why wouldn't you just want to hold on to it?

About two years old, I'm selling some of my gun collection and just don't use it. It has just been sitting in my safe.

Originally posted by chemmie:
Obammer is takin' yer gunz!!!!!!!
Almost. Now he's just lying to push through ATF rulings, again without Congress, which in itself is based upon lies.

red dot? why don't you do it the old fashion way and learn how to aim?

Originally posted by UCF11and1:
roll.r191677.gif

The best marksmen in this county in Delta/Ranger/SEALs use red dots and ACOGS for acquisition assistance.

roll.r191677.gif

The best marksmen in this county in Delta/Ranger/SEALs use red dots and ACOGS for acquisition assistance.
Awesome!

Good news. ATF has shelved the proposition amid the backlash and stated the reasoning as being an "overwhelming response to the matter and will consider all comments made via their site".

Over 800,000 of Chemmie's non-borg, gun-toting, statistically, potentially more violent, fringe lunatic gun-nuts that shoot for sport responded...

Including several Inter-collegiate, scholarship rifle teams...

ATF listens.

roll.r191677.gif

Awesome!

Good news. ATF has shelved the proposition amid the backlash and stated the reasoning as being an "overwhelming response to the matter and will consider all comments made via their site".

Over 800,000 of Chemmie's non-borg, gun-toting, statistically, potentially more violent, fringe lunatic gun-nuts that shoot for sport responded...

Including several Inter-collegiate, scholarship rifle teams...

ATF listens.
LOL! Conservatives again protecting the rights of all.

About two years old, I'm selling some of my gun collection and just don't use it. It has just been sitting in my safe.
$400 for a two year old optic? Why would I do that when I can get one for $410 to $420 including shipping? The batteries are good for 3 years so at a minimum, I'd be replacing them a lot sooner with a 2 year old optic.

Just an offer, mine looks new and it has the FDE scopecoat which cost around $35. Its not as if the battery was on for these 2 years, maybe 2 hours, so it still has its full life ahead of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT