ADVERTISEMENT

Canadian trucker protest

Cops aren't automatically your friends, folks. Many are. Many aren't. A lot of them are mercenary thugs drunk on power. Thankfully, we have the 2A.

The pig cops try that shit in America, they'll be sent straight to hell.

Huh? Many Republicans were cheering this type of stuff on in this country, just a year and a half ago. Seriously, do Republicans think everyone has just forgotten about their reactions to the BLM/police issues in 2020?
Ah yes. Trying to draw a false moral equivalence to avoid stating an opinion on the issue. How very Cubs of you.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
Justin Castro screwed himself on this. The truckers are engaging in fourth generation warfare and Trudeau walked right into their trap.

Ah yes. Trying to draw a false moral equivalence to avoid stating an opinion on the issue. How very Cubs of you.

Give me a break. First off, we most certainly dont invade other countries for that, you just completely pulled that out of your ass. There have been protests almost globally off and on for the last 2 years, and we didnt invade those places. Secondly, we saw this in city after city in this country, and many of you supported it. Remember the old man who got pushed down in Buffalo by a cop and left a puddle of blood on the ground? Or the videos from Minneapolis where people standing on their own front porches, not even involved in the protest, were shot with rubber bullets by cops? Or of course, when they were tear gassed in DC just so Trump could get a photo op?

I have stated my opinion on it. I think the protests are dumb, but I think people should have the right to protest. I also think you are kidding yourself if you think any govt anywhere, is going to have areas in a major city blocked off indefinitely. Whether you agree with them or not, they are breaking the law.

ANd also, a false moral equivalency based on what? The only difference with this any many other protests is because you support this one. YOu supporting one protest and not the other doesnt make it a false moral equivalency.

Give me a break. First off, we most certainly dont invade other countries for that, you just completely pulled that out of your ass. There have been protests almost globally off and on for the last 2 years, and we didnt invade those places. Secondly, we saw this in city after city in this country, and many of you supported it. Remember the old man who got pushed down in Buffalo by a cop and left a puddle of blood on the ground? Or the videos from Minneapolis where people standing on their own front porches, not even involved in the protest, were shot with rubber bullets by cops? Or of course, when they were tear gassed in DC just so Trump could get a photo op?

I have stated my opinion on it. I think the protests are dumb, but I think people should have the right to protest. I also think you are kidding yourself if you think any govt anywhere, is going to have areas in a major city blocked off indefinitely. Whether you agree with them or not, they are breaking the law.

ANd also, a false moral equivalency based on what? The only difference with this any many other protests is because you support this one. YOu supporting one protest and not the other doesnt make it a false moral equivalency.
You're trying to compare Marxists to those that oppose Marxism. That is why it is a false moral equivalence.

BLM does.

First off that isnt really true, but second off, what exactly is your point? It almost sounds like you are saying it isnt the police actions you have an issue with, it is just that they did to people with the "right" beliefs this time. Am I getting this correctly?

First off that isnt really true, but second off, what exactly is your point? It almost sounds like you are saying it isnt the police actions you have an issue with, it is just that they did to people with the "right" beliefs this time. Am I getting this correctly?
It absolutely is true. The founders of BLM have referred to themselves as trained Marxists and the language and goals of Marxism are strewn throughout their missions/goals. If you can’t see it then you don’t know what Marxism is.

I love how the narrative has been 'flipped' by the US Mass and Social Media narrative. I've been watching a lot of Canadian reporting from the ground, and it's not protestors attacking the non-government funded news ... but the police.
😉

QUOTE: _'Canadian police also said they were investigating several incidents Saturday in which “aggressive protesters” surrounded members of the media reporting on the scene.'_

So the emergency is over, but we've redefined the meaning of the term "emergency".

So the emergency is over, but we've redefined the meaning of the term "emergency".
"Emergency" against those just wanting personal freedom. amazing
It's the new norm. It's not about preserving the country, but obliterating an opposing ideology ... let alone labeling it as fascism and racism, even Jewish representatives who oppose Emergency Powers it seems, sadly enough. "You're either with us, or against us / standing with them."

And so it continues ... 30-day extension on emergency powers, many requesting some powers become permanent. We'll see what happens here in the US, especially those powers in Canada that require US cooperation on US citizens (which has been my fear from Day 1).

I think we're beyond just Trudeau at this point. Parliament signed-off. Blaming Trudeau alone is to demonize him. We'll see what happens long-term, after the next 30 days. As I said, I'm more worried about what happens in the US, as I usually don't like to comment on Canada.

I hope this doesn't backfire

What is he even talking about? Other than the military and some federal jobs, most mandates arent from the federal government. And what does he mean about getting back to our lives? The entire country is mostly open at this point, if he hasnt gotten back to his life that is his own fault.

We had millions of kids quit school. We have inflation out of control. I just went by 2 bus stops with kids wearing masks outside. The damage is massive for this political virus. It's a freaking cold at this point. Why are we worrying about a trucker that is quarantined by their job?

There are no mandates for truckers in this country, and if you saw kids wearing masks outside that is their choice, so why does that concern you? That also doesnt answer my question. When the entire country is open, why can he not get back to his life? It makes no sense.

Because it makes zero sense for healthy kids to be wearing masks. What type of long term lasting damage is that doing? Outside of that sure I have no issues with it.

Do you know they are healthy kids? Maybe they do have a health condition and at least want some levels of protection. But I thought the argument was for choice. Its your choice to wear a mask, your choice to get vaxxed etc. IF it is about choice to you, then it is none of your business.

What is he even talking about? Other than the military and some federal jobs, most mandates arent from the federal government. And what does he mean about getting back to our lives? The entire country is mostly open at this point, if he hasnt gotten back to his life that is his own fault.
I tend to agree. For the large part, things are moving in the right direction now so my concern is that this will lead to a situation similar to Canada.

I tend to agree. For the large part, things are moving in the right direction now so my concern is that this will lead to a situation similar to Canada.
He says he has a perment, I bet this just ends up being like a one day protest that nobody really pays attention to, but we will see how it plays out I guess.

Between the recent exposure of the US CDC withholding data and US FDA experts publically calling out the US CDC again, to the Canadian ground reporting -- including refuting, with evidence, what the state funded-run CBC is reporting -- I've been quite impressed with the NY Times as of late. They may have plenty of columnists with agendas, but they seem to be the last bastion of major media that still does recognize the authoritarian onslaught at times (unlike the Washington Post, among others).

Which brings me to this beautiful, 'both sides' opinion piece ...

QUOTE: _'... each side has used the weapons appropriate ... truckers have leveraged the imposing presence of their trucks and the sympathy of other Practicals — from tow-truck drivers to cops — to attack the physical underpinnings of the capital’s economy ... counterstrike ... finally evolved to actual physical removal, has been strikingly virtual:first a PR blitz to encourage friendly media to brand all the truckers as racists and anti-Semites and Trump supporters, then the convenient hacking and “doxxing” of donors to the convoy, and then an invocation of the Emergencies Act which lets the government attack the protesters via the digital realm, freezing bank accounts and even cryptocurrency ... politics exists to organize fears, a major question for people caught between these two camps is which kind of power seems more frightening. The power to shut down the heart of a major city, perhaps even with the sympathy of some of the police, or the power over money and information that the Trudeau government is relying upon in its response? The specter of an insurrection or the specter of a digital police state? A revolt of the disaffected middle or a revolt of the elites?'_

And who 'won'? I love this summary, both no one and both ...

QUOTE: _'... judging by the Canadian polls, people are unhappy with Trudeau but seem to fear the disruptions and shutdowns more ... similar preference for a disliked elite over a chaotic and disreputable opposition is why Joe Biden is president rather than Donald Trump, and why Emmanuel Macron may yet be re-elected in France ... But .. the truckers have already won a tacit victory in the move away from vaccine passport systems in Ontario and Quebec — which, like the ongoing swing against public-health restrictions in the United States, suggests the fluidity of these conflicts. And the conflicts are also more complex, inevitably, than any binary can capture ...'_

As I said, quite impressed to see these types of articles once more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT