ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports puts UCF on Upset Alert

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
No. 24 Cincinnati at No. 11 UCF
When: Saturday, 8 p.m. ET | Where: Orlando, Florida | Line: UCF -7.5

Why it's listed: Memphis and Temple played UCF tough, with the former nearly pulling off the unthinkable, but this is the toughest test the unbeaten Knights will have faced this season. The Bearcats' defense is for real.

Cincinnati's key to the game: The point differentials between UCF (+23) and Cincy (+20) are similar, so I like the Bearcats' odds of dictating this game. Cincy will lean hard on the defense, which is fifth in the nation in points per drive, and work running back Michael Warren II. And UCF's defense is more susceptible to giving up yards vs. the run.

UCF's key to the game: If you have quarterback McKenzie Milton, you have a shot to win. While the Knights aren't quite as good offensively as they were a year ago, Milton probably needs to make three or four huge plays in the second half to win.

Pick: Lost within all the chatter about the "national champions" and getting no love from the playoff committee is the accomplishment of having won 22 straight games. That is unthinkably hard and a streak that will eventually end. UCF has flirted with it a couple of times already and it's just a more vulnerable team than a year ago. ATS: Cincinnati, SU: Cincinnati

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...est-virginia-washington-state-on-upset-alert/

Reactions: Knight Strength
Fair to say it's an upset possibility.....but dumb not to recognize that UC has not been in a game of this magnitude in a decade.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ESPN's picks are out. Those that like UC are picking tighter scores, 1-4pts.

nxfvGFI.jpg

See no way Syracuse wins

Purdy will light up Texas

Surprised how many think our game will be 3-4 points either way

The ironic thing in those picks is that if UCF handily beats Cincy & Syracuse upsets ND, how much do you want to bet that Cuse moves ahead and UCF moves back a spot in the CFBP Poll if no other upsets happen?

I'm still terrified about this game, but I think part of our struggles, especially with Memphis, were because Milton was nursing injuries that are getting better. Hopefully that factors in to us doing better.
The Memphis game was a rainy bad weather game. Rain normally benefits the run game.:sunglasses:

I really don't think 9-1 beating 9-0 is exactly "upset alert", other than the game being at our place.

They will buckle under all the pressure. Cinci's a choker, they already lost to Temple. We're used to this. AAC Champs, big Auburn win, and now a 22 game W streak. We've been under the spotlight before and came out victorious.

How come when someone like the Patriots (or some NCAA team) wins close it's always "They always find ways to win." Yet, when UCF was down big to Memphis yet wins, or the Navy game, it's "Almost lost to..."?

If our guys don't win it will be because of turnovers. They will not overlook Cinci but sometimes guys have a hard time not turning the ball over in big games. I think Cinci will be on the losing end of turnovers or at least I hope so.

If our guys don't win it will be because of turnovers. They will not overlook Cinci but sometimes guys have a hard time not turning the ball over in big games. I think Cinci will be on the losing end of turnovers or at least I hope so.
Ridder does throw some picks. It’s important that we jump ahead and make him have to throw it downfield. That’s when he’s extremely vulnerable. He has 1897 yards in 10 games. So.., a lot of short stuff. This is not a high powered offense unless we completely lay an egg. They scored 26 vs SMU in overtime and 17 vs Temple in overtime

I think that the game will be about our offense vs their defense.

Jump ahead and Warren and Ridder are ineffective

Well the pressure is on us even more now. Pitt Panthers on their way to winning their division. Ohio State is in a dogfight with Maryland. The Bulls and Owls destroying each other. The path to the conference title is becoming more clear and our wins are looking better.

Reactions: knight_tracker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT