ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Strong..."No we are not that team that went undefeated..."

USF's proposed $40 million football center advanced another degree Tuesday morning as Bulls coach Charlie Strong made a pitch to university trustees, who agreed the school should start seeking designers for the indoor practice facility.

Strong has been recruiting for the last three weeks, he said, visiting "probably over 120 high schools," from Atlanta to Pensacola to Miami.

"It's all about facilities," he said, encouraging the USF leaders in the room to keep strengthening USF's brand.

Plus, he said, there's just the matter of trying to schedule practices and classes around Florida's unpredictable rain showers.

"Any time we're practicing for a critical game and a thunderstorm pops up, you have to get off that field," he said.

The 160,000-square-foot facility would pop up to the north of USF’s Lee Roy Selmon Athletics center. Strong said he’ll do whatever he has to do to get it built. USF officials said the project will be “donor-driven.”

Trustees agreed to move on to the next step, sending out a request for qualifications for designers. Later Tuesday, a USF finance committee will dig into some of the numbers.

Strong stressed that he's not a territorial coach, and that all sports will be able to use the facility.

"I want to make sure we're all in this together for every sport to have the chance to be successful," he said.

He also joked that some recruits still need a little help in knowing exactly who the Bulls are.

"'Weren't y'all the team that went undefeated?'" some would ask him.

"No," he said he replied, "we weren't that team.

Even you GOL haters have to admit that he was instrumental in getting ours built.

Funny how ours was built for $4.3 million and has served us for 13 years. The addition of air conditioning may have added $200,000-300,000 to it? I bet if their cost was lowered a bit they could have one built a lot quicker. Part of what is wrong with that program right now

If facilities are everything then why are the Bulls putting money in the Glazer's back pocket ? Hell, they pretty much paid for all of the renovations and improvements to RJS themselves.

The Bucs thank you!

160,000 sq ft? That is huge! You could almost fit 3 football fields in that footprint. What are they going to do with that much space?

He also joked that some recruits still need a little help in knowing exactly who the Bulls are.

[roll][roll][roll]

USF's proposed $40 million football center advanced another degree Tuesday morning as Bulls coach Charlie Strong made a pitch to university trustees, who agreed the school should start seeking designers for the indoor practice facility.

Strong has been recruiting for the last three weeks, he said, visiting "probably over 120 high schools," from Atlanta to Pensacola to Miami.

"It's all about facilities," he said, encouraging the USF leaders in the room to keep strengthening USF's brand.

Plus, he said, there's just the matter of trying to schedule practices and classes around Florida's unpredictable rain showers.

"Any time we're practicing for a critical game and a thunderstorm pops up, you have to get off that field," he said.

The 160,000-square-foot facility would pop up to the north of USF’s Lee Roy Selmon Athletics center. Strong said he’ll do whatever he has to do to get it built. USF officials said the project will be “donor-driven.”

Trustees agreed to move on to the next step, sending out a request for qualifications for designers. Later Tuesday, a USF finance committee will dig into some of the numbers.

Strong stressed that he's not a territorial coach, and that all sports will be able to use the facility.

"I want to make sure we're all in this together for every sport to have the chance to be successful," he said.

AND

"No, we are not located in south Florida."

160,000 sq ft? That is huge! You could almost fit 3 football fields in that footprint. What are they going to do with that much space?
I don't know Square footage but Miami built a really expensive Indoor Facility that also was the HQ for coaches and staff, housed weight rooms etc. So instead of having 6 buildings to practice, lift, run, have offices and eat they put it all under 1 roof. The cost of it is part of their pitch to recruits.

How could recruits not know anything about the school that they are going to potentially attend for 4-5 years? How dumb is that? Perfect fit for for the cows.

I don't know Square footage but Miami built a really expensive Indoor Facility that also was the HQ for coaches and staff, housed weight rooms etc. So instead of having 6 buildings to practice, lift, run, have offices and eat they put it all under 1 roof. The cost of it is part of their pitch to recruits.
yeah UCF has separate facilities but they are all within the athletic village. it's all spin for recruiting

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Yeah, don't they want a $300 million dollar OCS or nothing?

Yup. Can't have an OCS that might resemble an erector set. Too much crow to eat then. Heck, the debt service on the OCS they want to build wold pay for both Spectrum Stadium and the Nicholson Field house.

I a willing to bet that for $140 million they could have both an OCS and an indoor facility, but they would not do it.

That's just a ridiculous sum of money and a ridiculous footprint particularly for an athletic department that isn't getting p5 money. For reference, it's about twice the size and 4 times the cost of the one Nebraska put up about a decade ago and it's still considered one of the best in the country.

Even you GOL haters have to admit that he was instrumental in getting ours built.
Yep. The vision, the facilities, the grades ... GOL deserves his statue. It's too bad some people don't see that.

I don't like O'Leary for several reasons, one being (and I said this years ago) keeping Beckton in lower positions. The other being #18 (that one really burns me up). But I defend him 10x more than I blame him.

Apparently people want flawless coaches. If you find one, let me know. Even Saban has his major screwups.

Funny how ours was built for $4.3 million and has served us for 13 years. The addition of air conditioning may have added $200,000-300,000 to it?
Yep. It was the best investment we made. Heck, FSU got a taste of it for bowl practice and quick ran off and built their own within a couple of years.

I bet if their cost was lowered a bit they could have one built a lot quicker. Part of what is wrong with that program right now
Exactly! USF Athletics really doesn't understand reality.

How could recruits not know anything about the school that they are going to potentially attend for 4-5 years? How dumb is that? Perfect fit for for the cows.
Bruce Miller never heard of us, and we weren't even looking at him. He just impressed our coaches when we visited another D-lineman.

Sometimes I don't know if you're just trolling, or if you really are that polarizing.

Bruce Miller never heard of us, and we weren't even looking at him. He just impressed our coaches when we visited another D-lineman.

Sometimes I don't know if you're just trolling, or if you really are that polarizing.
You’re going to visit USF and you don’t know they didn’t win the National Championship and were undefeated?? Friends don’t tell you? Family? Are these kids in outer space? Do they even follow football? They are football players.

Bruce Miller not knowing UCF living in Georgia in 2006 is just a little bit different

Last edited:
Reactions: JAFFX2
You going to visit USF and you don’t know they didn’t win the National Championship and were undefeated?? Friends don’t tell you? Family? Are these kids in outer space? Do they even follow football? They are football players.

Bruce Miller not knowing UCF living in Georgia in 2006 is just a little bit different
Same. Honestly, it's the exact same.

Pretty sure it's both, and the trolling isn't for entertainment.
You’re only on here for one reason 24/7. It’s to Troll. Probably because the Nobraska board banned your pathetic a$$
Both you guys do it.

Crazyhole talks down to UCF and Mikesi ... well ... talks down to UCFAA leadership and coaches.

Mikesi ... well ... talks down to UCFAA leadership and coaches.
I’m probably the biggest fan of DW and JH, so I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. Just because I don’t like the way Becktondict left doesn’t mean I have a problem with the entire football organization which I donate to BTW. So stop with the hyperboles and overexaggerations.

You don’t know me in the least and all I see is you constantly trashing UCF fans that don’t see it your way. At least many many times when I don’t agree with someone I hold back or maybe a silly backhanded comment. You write entire novels slamming 3-4 fans in one response

Both you guys do it.

Crazyhole talks down to UCF and Mikesi ... well ... talks down to UCFAA leadership and coaches.

I'm sorry that you feel that way but believe me, I do not disrespect UCF. Over the last 10 years I would put UCF at the same level or higher than Nebraska has been. I take issue with some of the fans, not the program.

Reactions: craig01
You’re only on here for one reason 24/7. It’s to Troll. Probably because the Nobraska board banned your pathetic a$$

Interesting take. I believe that I posted on a few different threads today and nobody took umbrage with anything I said, so forget the claims of trolling. And I've never been banned from any site, so again, forget it. The issue you have with me is your issue with defensiveness and insecurities, not the content that I bring to the board.

Interesting take. I believe that I posted on a few different threads today and nobody took umbrage with anything I said, so forget the claims of trolling. And I've never been banned from any site, so again, forget it. The issue you have with me is your issue with defensiveness and insecurities, not the content that I bring to the board.
You admitted your a Troll yourself just last night. Nobody cares about Nobraska. You being here is the definition of defenseless and insecurity, because your program is a dumpster fire and you’re envious and jealous of us.

There are plenty of recruits that still get UF and FSU confused. You can bet there are even more that get FSU, UCF, USF, UF confused. Don't even ask about FAU versus FIU.

You admitted your a Troll yourself just last night. Nobody cares about Nobraska. You being here is the definition of defenseless and insecurity, because your program is a dumpster fire and you’re envious and jealous of us.

Oh golly, I guess you caught me. I'm so insecure so I post on a message board of a football team where I'm berated and called names. Yeah, that makes sense.

I should make a list of your pathetic go-to insults that somehow you feel are effective in making your point more valid.

Dumpster fire
Nobraska
Corn hole
Loser
Pathetic

Good material there for a high school dropout. I applaud you in your effort.

There are plenty of recruits that still get UF and FSU confused. You can bet there are even more that get FSU, UCF, USF, UF confused. Don't even ask about FAU versus FIU.
Ok, but I still think that’s just crazy.

Oh golly, I guess you caught me. I'm so insecure so I post on a message board of a football team where I'm berated and called names. Yeah, that makes sense.

I should make a list of your pathetic go-to insults that somehow you feel are effective in making your point more valid.

Dumpster fire
Nobraska
Corn hole
Loser
Pathetic

Good material there for a high school dropout. I applaud you in your effort.
There’s no way that’s all of the insults that I’ve used on you Cornholios. It’s way to short
Aren’t you the unemployed high school dropout on here? Do you work??

A lot of people get schools confused that use letters. Too many people don’t pay attention to detail.

I’m probably the biggest fan of DW and JH, so I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. Just because I don’t like the way Becktondict left doesn’t mean I have a problem with the entire football organization which I donate to BTW. So stop with the hyperboles and overexaggerations.

You don’t know me in the least and all I see is you constantly trashing UCF fans that don’t see it your way. At least many many times when I don’t agree with someone I hold back or maybe a silly backhanded comment. You write entire novels slamming 3-4 fans in one response

Completely agree on all counts especially about the long winded novels which I no longer bother to read and unnecessary slamming of fellow UCF fans....... @UCFBS give respect, get respect in return

Completely agree on all counts especially about the long winded novels which I no longer bother to read and unnecessary slamming of fellow UCF fans.......give respect, get respect in return
Absolutely. Thanks. I have no problem with 95% percent of all UCF posts, but UCFBS has a problem with anyone who criticizes the coaches and upper program management.
We aren’t going to like every decision by everyone 100% of the time and it’s OK to be critical of questionable decisions that affect the program. It’s an opinion. They do make mistakes sometimes. That doesn’t mean that I don’t support the program 100% and aren’t a loyal or real fan.

For example, I’m not 100% in agreement in the way the whole hurricane situation was handled and the way Beckton left. UCFBS has a different opinion and view/interpretation of those situations and that’s fine. That doesn’t mean that I have to be forced to change mine

I don’t like the way that Beckton left the program and that’s it. I’m obviously not alone in saying that, nor am I questioning his loyalty while he was here. He’s part of Nobraska now. Anyone can check his Twitter account posts lately and clearly see who his team is now. Best of luck to him, but I’m concentrating on the coaches that are here, not once’s who left us COMPLETELY coachless for a short time.

That and being any part stealing/flipping ANY recruits is not loyalty IMO. It’s being loyal to your present employer who’s paying you at that time. When he took another job, his focused changed, and so has ours. Bye.

Last edited:
ce130fa1bd27eeeb5fc51bdce171f79e.jpg

Of course USF goes after the dumb jocks.

Look at their name for crying out loud!

At least UCF is actually located in the CENTRAL part of FLORIDA.

Tampa is NOT South Florida; FGCU has more of a case to call themselves South Florida than the Bulls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT