ADVERTISEMENT

Christian student suspended after challenging Muslim prof’s claim that Jesus wasn’t crucified

How do you know she didn't speak to the student? Is there anything from what you've read that would deign just that? Of course not. You are operating under a bunch of wild straw man assertions that are really easy to beat down. And LMAO at abuse of power and status at the school. SHE'S AN ADJUNCT. The department she works for gives her a semester-by-semester contract that can be terminated at any time, AND FOR ANY REASON. Rollins is under no obligation to bring her back or employ her any further than she needs to be. She receives no benefits, insurance or retirement, for what she does. Keep trying, though. This is a lot of fun.

Yes. It was quite obvious in the article that the grade was a shock to him and that it wasn't exactly handed out after caring consultation. The only thing undetermined is how violent the act of retaliation by her against him really was... how many other students did she slap with that kind of grade?

I think you just like saying straw man without knowing what it really means... might want to set that one down for a little while and study logical fallacy some more.

You have to understand that her position of power is derived from authority to lead a classroom and assign grades. This has zero to do with adjunct status, which should indeed be terminated before the end of its natural expiration at the end of the semester.

This horse is pretty dead Jose

How do you know she didn't speak to the student? Is there anything from what you've read that would deign just that? Of course not. You are operating under a bunch of wild straw man assertions that are really easy to beat down. And LMAO at abuse of power and status at the school. SHE'S AN ADJUNCT. The department she works for gives her a semester-by-semester contract that can be terminated at any time, AND FOR ANY REASON. Rollins is under no obligation to bring her back or employ her any further than she needs to be. She receives no benefits, insurance or retirement, for what she does. Keep trying, though. This is a lot of fun.

Joe, that giant sucking sound you hear is you getting pulled into the Omni black troll vortex.

Yes. It was quite obvious in the article that the grade was a shock to him and that it wasn't exactly handed out after caring consultation. The only thing undetermined is how violent the act of retaliation by her against him really was... how many other students did she slap with that kind of grade?

I think you just like saying straw man without knowing what it really means... might want to set that one down for a little while and study logical fallacy some more.

You have to understand that her position of power is derived from authority to lead a classroom and assign grades. This has zero to do with adjunct status, which should indeed be terminated before the end of its natural expiration at the end of the semester.

This horse is pretty dead Jose

I'm not feeding you any longer. It's obvious your god damn ass is drunk and out of control yet again. Go back to your god damn closet and try on your god damn xxs god damn shirts. And then go to your whore god damn Protestant church and try to think of something that might not lead you to 1000 years of god damn comeuppance. Now get back to building furniture you god damn midget.

I'm not feeding you any longer. It's obvious your god damn ass is drunk and out of control yet again. Go back to your god damn closet and try on your god damn xxs god damn shirts. And then go to your whore god damn Protestant church and try to think of something that might not lead you to 1000 years of god damn comeuppance. Now get back to building furniture you god damn midget.

I crush you at your own discipline

You bring hollow theatrics

Smh

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
wait.... I know you're trolling @OmniKnight but you really think the Prof should have to have a sit down with the kid before giving an F? If you turn in F quality work, you get an F. Pretty simple

Reactions: knighted
Like I said, he had been suspended from another school for the same thing. Yet again, Omni looks like a fool. Some of us have facts for our ammo. Others use debating techniques they learned from Sesame St. and comic books.

FAKE NEWS

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/os-rollins-muslim-fake-news-scott-maxwell-20170329-story.html

...this student only decided to publicly attack his teacher after she gave him a grade he didn’t like.

Specifically, the student got a 52 on an essay — and he was incensed.

So the 20-year-old fired off an email to his professor telling her how angry he was.

He called her “incompetent.”

He told her: “Everybody knows that you’re a failure as a professor.”

He said: “You may have a college degree, but you belong in reform school.”

wait.... I know you're trolling @OmniKnight but you really think the Prof should have to have a sit down with the kid before giving an F? If you turn in F quality work, you get an F. Pretty simple

I don't think she should have to... but the operative here is that she didn't. She used her authority to slap him down in the most passive aggressive, vicious way that she could.

Like I said, he had been suspended from another school for the same thing. Yet again, Omni looks like a fool. Some of us have facts for our ammo. Others use debating techniques they learned from Sesame St. and comic books.

Jose, stop trying to ad hominem together a case against the kid's character. Focus on the facts: Did or did not the professor successfully deescalate the situation and effectively manage the classroom, or did she continue to flame the kid into oblivion?

A poorly constructed op-ed with no actual facts where the 'writer' concludes with a low-effort attempt at shifting burden of proof to the student

The professor is accused of discrimination. When a person in a position of authority is accused of discrimination and facts have been presented that point to possible discrimination, burden of proof is on the accused. Isn't that how things work these days?

The professor needs to offer evidence that she gave a fair grade. Show comparison to the rest of the class' grades... Unfortunately she won't. The F was given out of vengeance with malice in her heart.

I don't think she should have to... but the operative here is that she didn't. She used her authority to slap him down in the most passive aggressive, vicious way that she could.

Jose, stop trying to ad hominem together a case against the kid's character. Focus on the facts: Did or did not the professor successfully deescalate the situation and effectively manage the classroom, or did she continue to flame the kid into oblivion?

STFU and stop trolling. At this point, you just sound stupid.

A poorly constructed op-ed with no actual facts where the 'writer' concludes with a low-effort attempt at shifting burden of proof to the student

The professor is accused of discrimination. When a person in a position of authority is accused of discrimination and facts have been presented that point to possible discrimination, burden of proof is on the accused. Isn't that how things work these days?

The professor needs to offer evidence that she gave a fair grade. Show comparison to the rest of the class' grades... Unfortunately she won't. The F was given out of vengeance with malice in her heart.
After reading the guy's email, he probably deserved the F. He wrote his paper based on purely personal anecdotal evidence with no additional supporting documentation, and if he wrote his paper in the same manner, style, and tone that he wrote that email, that's not college level work.

After reading the guy's email, he probably deserved the F. He wrote his paper based on purely personal anecdotal evidence with no additional supporting documentation, and if he wrote his paper in the same manner, style, and tone that he wrote that email, that's not college level work.

I thought the same thing, but in his tirade he claims that she asked for an essay based on personal view and not a research paper. Just something to keep in mind

Look I'm not defending the kid. He's clearly a self righteous asshole. But this 'professor's behavior is highly questionable, not befitting of her position of authority, and possibly illegal. She needs to be held accountable for her transgressions too

STFU and stop trolling. At this point, you just sound stupid.

Refer to my reply to Bob2.

I'm tired of having to lecture you on the core responsibilities of an educator / classroom leader. If you need training, go and get some.

I thought the same thing, but in his tirade he claims that she asked for an essay based on personal view and not a research paper. Just something to keep in mind

Look I'm not defending the kid. He's clearly a self righteous asshole. But this 'professor's behavior is highly questionable, not befitting of her position of authority, and possibly illegal. She needs to be held accountable for her transgressions too

ILLEGAL!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Please use words appropriately.

Refer to my reply to Bob2.

I'm tired of having to lecture you on the core responsibilities of an educator / classroom leader. If you need training, go and get some.

Don't speak to me about responsibilities, boy. Again, stfu and quit trolling. You still sound stupid.

I took it to mean that he had asked for permission to use anecdotal evidence, which is allowable but should not be the ONLY source, ever. It sounds like it was.

What specifically is discriminatory about the professor's behavior? The bad grade? The quieting of an unruly student who interrupts lectures?

FWIW - I had a bleeding heart liberal for Comp 2 at UCF and I wrote nothing but conservative-leaning papers and earned an A. The guy can't write worth a shit and resorts to name-calling and libel to make his argument. That's an F grade if I've ever seen one.

I took it to mean that he had asked for permission to use anecdotal evidence, which is allowable but should not be the ONLY source, ever. It sounds like it was.

"your request that the paper be an analysis and not research" is all I'm going on. To me, it sounds like she asked for an essay and not a report.

What specifically is discriminatory about the professor's behavior? The bad grade? The quieting of an unruly student who interrupts lectures?

1) It appears that she may have intentionally given this student a disproportionately bad grade in comparison with the class, which points to retaliatory action against him based on his defense of Christianity at certain points during class. She simply can't treat him differently because he's Christian and spoke out in defense of his religion

2) It appears she may have taken more severe action in referring him to college administration than she did with a Muslim student that made egregious comments in class and received no tangible discipline.

FWIW - I had a bleeding heart liberal for Comp 2 at UCF and I wrote nothing but conservative-leaning papers and earned an A. The guy can't write worth a shit and resorts to name-calling and libel to make his argument. That's an F grade if I've ever seen one.

I don't disagree that he's a pompous prick with less talent than attitude. But that doesn't change her inability to handle the situation appropriately and possibly avoid discriminatory behavior. She was malicious and vindictive from her position of authority, and bottom line needs a career reset.

"your request that the paper be an analysis and not research" is all I'm going on. To me, it sounds like she asked for an essay and not a report.
Can't do analysis without research.
1) It appears that she may have intentionally given this student a disproportionately bad grade in comparison with the class,
Based on what information? The student complained about his grade. He mentioned nothing about the rest of the class' grades. Maybe she gave everyone bad grades, and then grades on a curve.

2) It appears she may have taken more severe action in referring him to college administration than she did with a Muslim student that made egregious comments in class and received no tangible discipline.
She referred him to the administration after the threatening email, not for his comments in class.

Can't do analysis without research.

Sure you can. It's called use of tertiary sources

Based on what information? The student complained about his grade. He mentioned nothing about the rest of the class' grades. Maybe she gave everyone bad grades, and then grades on a curve.

Agree that we don't have all the facts in that regard. She needs to supply evidence indicating she did not give him a disproportionately bad grade

She referred him to the administration after the threatening email, not for his comments in class.

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure she went to the dean a long time ago after the kid challenged her in class... The essay failure and email were very recent

Last edited:
1. Sure you can. It's called use of tertiary sources

Agree that we don't have all the facts in that regard. 2. She needs to supply evidence indicating she did not give him a disproportionately bad grade

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure she went to the dean a long time ago after the kid challenged her in class... The test failure and email were very recent

1. [roll][roll][roll][roll]

2. No she doesn't

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure she went to the dean a long time ago after the kid challenged her in class... The test failure and email were very recent
You're right. She first went to the admin after he was disruptive in the first two lectures

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/feat...s-investigate-free-speech-20170328-story.html

“He has disrupted class twice (we’ve only had two classes) with antagonizing interjections, contradicting me and monopolizing class time,” Zufari wrote in a Feb. 3 email with the subject line: Problem student. “His attitude is contemptuous.”

She wanted him out of her class.

School officials intervened to meet with Polston and his behavior improved over the next few weeks, emails included in the court file show.

But on March 8, Zufari gave him a 52 on his first essay and was concerned about his reaction, wrote Ken Miller, Rollins assistant vice president of public safety, in a email.

The next day, Polston emailed her.

You're right. She first went to the admin after he was disruptive in the first two lectures

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/feat...s-investigate-free-speech-20170328-story.html

There isn't anything necessarily wrong with this, per se. Most institutions of higher learning train professors to err on the side of caution when it comes to matters like this. There is a difference between the simple dynamics of good class discussion, debate, and then what this kid was doing (and apparently, had done at UF). Now, I will grant you that there are some overly sensitive profs out there, but they are few and far between.

There isn't anything necessarily wrong with this, per se. Most institutions of higher learning train professors to err on the side of caution when it comes to matters like this. There is a difference between the simple dynamics of good class discussion, debate, and then what this kid was doing (and apparently, had done at UF). Now, I will grant you that there are some overly sensitive profs out there, but they are few and far between.

Alone, no. There's nothing wrong with going to the dean. The problem is, she reported, then laid low, and when the opportunity arose retaliated from her place of authority. That's not effective leadership... it's malicious aggression.

What historical evidence (other than gospels that were written long after the supposed crucifixion) is there that said crucifixion occurred? That's where I draw the line: historical evidence. There's evidence for Columbus' voyages, the Boston Tea Party and the eruption of Mount Vesuvius.

The Gospels were written prior to AD 70 or else they would have mentioned the Diaspora. Especially as it would have confirmed Jesus' prediction to the Pharisees.

Josephus in Antiquities circa 93 AD. It lists Jesus name, the method of crucifixion, and Pilate as governor who ordered it.

Tacitus in Annals circa 115 AD, which mentions Jesus' execution by Pilate.

Now go ahead and fill me in on your evidence that Julius Ceasar ever existed.

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT