ADVERTISEMENT

Cinci vs @UCF. Saturday 4pm. Big Game!

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
Both teams need this win. As of this time/date, Seminole Hard Rock bet app has Cinci as -1.5 favorites.

I would think it would be the other way around. But, what do I know?!?

Both teams need this win. As of this time/date, Seminole Hard Rock bet app has Cinci as -1.5 favorites.

I would think it would be the other way around. But, what do I know?!?
I think we win going away. Fouls shots turnovers key again.

Overall I’m pretty pleased with how UCF has competed in conference play (compared to my expectations). That being said, today is absolutely a must win. And the Knights really need three out of their remaining four this month to stay relevant.

Which again…is more than a lot could have asked for at this point of the season (when considering preseason expectations, very average to poor non-conference play, etc.).

EaTpwSBWkAQDbUu

I don’t blame the refs for that one, that shot was just a Hail Mary and all he cared about was leaning into the contact. The clear difference in this game was the offensive rebounding advantage for Cinci

Not calling that foul on the last second 3 point shot was stupid. Refs missed that call. Dj had a chance to tie it.

Refs leaned on Cinci side the last few minutes. For most the game they allowed both teams to hack and foul with no calls. Towards the end. Refs called against UCF. It does make a difference. It's not the sole reason why UCF lost but it is the momentum killer we have seen the past few games as UCF is in it near the end. Then bam. Not saying refs are biased, just saying they suck.

ooooooooo!....If we woulda had that call vs. xyz, and that out of bounds call with 53 sec vs. abc....but if we had just made 80% of our FTs....

if all that happened, we'd be BIG 12 CHAMPS!!!!

waahh wahh wah.

guess what? it didn't.

why?

because we're not there yet.

My condolenseces on your $1.75 loss boss.

NIT? lol Dawkins needs to accept we're being pushed over, and to lay off on the defensive suffocation (I do like my D but it doesn't work unless you wanna be the 94 Pistons), and bring in some JAMMERS.

Enough talk.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
"My condolenseces on your $1.75 loss boss."

I didn't bet on this game and I'm not your boss. Nice assumptions though. Learn how to spell as well. Kook.

FT = 78%
3pt = 33%

Too bad the teams energy and effort wasn't there for the first 20 minutes. Diallo also had his worst game of the season (for the games I have been able to see). He just seemed kind of mentally checked out. If they played the whole game with the energy and effort of the second half they would have won. These numbers show that they played an excellent second half. When you meet my "Thresholds for Success" of 70/30 you should probably win 70-80% of the time, and all the other games you should be right in it. In rare occasions you get beat bad with these kinds of stat lines.

Looking at the rest of the schedule I am lowering my "win" expectations back to 5-6 conference wins on the season (I had gone up to 7-8 like two weeks ago but we haven't moved the needle). The two teams below us in the standing are 2 of our next 3 games but they are on the road and we have been really bad on the road (1-6). Texas Tech is beatable at home but will be tough. Then we probably get beat up the last two home games with Iowa State and Houston. I mean, they are at home and both Iowa State and Houston are only 5-3 on the road.

Johnny's inaugural season ends with UCF probably 14-15 (5-12). A 5th year in a row of mediocrity but hey, he's a nice guy.

I doubt we get post season play. NIT maybe. But that would be a gift. I'll probably tune out until next year unless something happens, like post season play.

The team is not bad, it's just the Big 12 is that good. I think this year's team could win the AAC. I heard the recruits coming in for next year are pretty good. Let's hope we keep competing in this new league.

For the neggie-nancies, welcome to college basketball. You guys seem new here. You win some you lose a lot. Just like every college basketball team does.

Go Knights!

FT = 78%
3pt = 33%

Too bad the teams energy and effort wasn't there for the first 20 minutes. Diallo also had his worst game of the season (for the games I have been able to see). He just seemed kind of mentally checked out. If they played the whole game with the energy and effort of the second half they would have won. These numbers show that they played an excellent second half. When you meet my "Thresholds for Success" of 70/30 you should probably win 70-80% of the time, and all the other games you should be right in it. In rare occasions you get beat bad with these kinds of stat lines.

Looking at the rest of the schedule I am lowering my "win" expectations back to 5-6 conference wins on the season (I had gone up to 7-8 like two weeks ago but we haven't moved the needle). The two teams below us in the standing are 2 of our next 3 games but they are on the road and we have been really bad on the road (1-6). Texas Tech is beatable at home but will be tough. Then we probably get beat up the last two home games with Iowa State and Houston. I mean, they are at home and both Iowa State and Houston are only 5-3 on the road.

Johnny's inaugural season ends with UCF probably 14-15 (5-12). A 5th year in a row of mediocrity but hey, he's a nice guy.
Yep the 70/30 metric was overshadowed by an 18-8 disadvantage on the offensive glass

NIT? lol Dawkins needs to accept we're being pushed over, and to lay off on the defensive suffocation (I do like my D but it doesn't work unless you wanna be the 94 Pistons), and bring in some JAMMERS.

Enough talk.
Pistons is a good comparison ..a brutal style of basketball to watch

Last edited:
Good reply

The team is not bad, it's just the Big 12 is that good. I think this year's team could win the AAC. I heard the recruits coming in for next year are pretty good. Let's hope we keep competing in this new league.

For the neggie-nancies, welcome to college basketball. You guys seem new here. You win some you lose a lot. Just like every college basketball team does.
HEY! @Central Floridave !

I love your passion for UCF basketball, whether it be women's bball or female
video game warriors.

It's important to take control from here on out.

I love you

Reactions: Central Floridave
At least we didn't implode at the end the way we have in a few games. But we're still 1-3 in games decided by 5 points or less in the B12 so Johnny's got to figure out a way to win the close ones. Johnson obviously needs help in late game situations and having Allen foul out and not involved in the last minute hurt us a lot yesterday. Not being able to get the ball inbounds down the stretch is the perfect example of our lack of clutch performers in crunch time.

I doubt we get post season play. NIT maybe. But that would be a gift. I'll probably tune out until next year unless something happens, like post season play.

Go Knights!
Except, there’s zero evidence that this could be true. We were never even close to winning the AAC, and now that UCF is no longer in the conference, it’s just kind of sad to make comments like this (knowing there’s no chance of ever having to prove it or back the talk up). It just seems beneath us.

Seems like something a USF fan would try to do…

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Dawkins was mediocre in the AAC and despite a huge upset is looking to finish the most important games down the stretch w a lot of Ls this season.

USF has guys shooting like Steph Curry in this FAU game so far yet we have guys that look like they have never shot the ball.

USF has guys shooting like Steph Curry in this FAU game so far yet we have guys that look like they have never shot the ball.

Their team is hot, 10 straight wins. 16 of 17. Playing themselves into the tourney and possibly ranking.

Always wanted to see like 5 or 6 Florida teams dance at the same time - UCF, FAU, Stetson, BCC, USF etc.

"Except, there’s zero evidence that this could be true."

UCF BPI ranking is #51

FAU #27

Closest AAC team is SMU at #48

Next closest is Memphis at #83

Maybe not 100 percent evidence that UCF could win the AAC this year, but it is definitely not 'ZERO EVIDENCE'

Try again. And, comparing me to a duh*bull fan. LMAO.... Yeah righto. You guys are so blindly hating UCF sport's teams you are now attacking UCF fans in their fanhood. You guys should pull for another team and at times I suspect that you do.

"Except, there’s zero evidence that this could be true."

UCF BPI ranking is #51

FAU #27

Closest AAC team is SMU at #48

Next closest is Memphis at #83

Maybe not 100 percent evidence that UCF could win the AAC this year, but it is definitely not 'ZERO EVIDENCE'

Try again. And, comparing me to a duh*bull fan. LMAO.... Yeah righto. You guys are so blindly hating UCF sport's teams you are now attacking UCF fans in their fanhood. You guys should pull for another team and at times I suspect that you do.

FAU is AAC and USF just beat them and is the 1 seed right now.

When they go on the road and get clowned by a horrible WVU team we will come back to this. This is a bad UCF team with largely talentless players and talentless coaches.
It’s probably the best team since Tackos last year. Not saying a lot but the team can beat anyone in any day. B12 Tourney should be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT