ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Heupel Will Appear on Open Mike at 6:30 a.m.!!!

Anyone else hear Becktondict Arnold was in town and thought he could show up to a UCF Practice and watch it? He was quickly asked to leave.
Very nice that they sent him away if true. I did not hear this. Separation anxiety?

He was probably sent by the old regime to try to recruit some more players.

Either that or he was sent so that he could learn more about how to become a head coach. Guess
he’s not learning enough since Frost and company are always in Orlando.

Maybe he was sent by Chinander to watch the defense, since Nobraska actually will have to play that this year too.

Very nice that they sent him away if true. I did not hear this. Separation anxiety?

He was probably sent by the old regime to try to recruit some more players.

Either that or he was sent so that he could learn more about how to become a head coach. Guess
he’s not learning enough since Frost and company are always in Orlando.

Maybe he was sent by Chinander to watch the defense, since Nobraska actually will have to play that this year too.
From what I gather Nebraska is on Spring Break. He may be in town recruiting or staying with his family in Orlando. Not sure. O’Leary was there and allowed to stay. Maybe he thought he could too.

Talked about the offense. Will become a little more vertical and MM was one of the top retuning QBs with number of over 20 yard pass plays..

Somewhat concerned about this. Guys were open deep last year because of the quick hitting short passes....Milton floats those because of the arm strength issue.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Somewhat concerned about this. Guys were open deep last year because of the quick hitting short passes....Milton floats those because of the arm strength issue.
Milton isn’t really the prototypical Heupel QB, so if he can’t throw the deep ball lIke he wants him to, then JH is going to be the one needing to adjust to Milton’s skill set. We will know very quickly. Additionally, Payton was actually a great deep threat in HS and may have had 1-2 nice deep catches as a freshman

Milton isn’t really the prototypical Heupel QB, so if he can’t throw the deep ball lIke he wants him to, then JH is going to be the one needing to adjust to Milton’s skill set. We will know very quickly. Additionally, Payton was actually a great deep threat in HS and may have had 1-2 nice deep catches as a freshman

Milton has a weird throwing motion but he gets the ball there. His ball seems to die but he was money on the deep throws.

Reactions: Mikesi
What I like most about Hype is that he doesn't appear to be dogmatic about running HIS offense. He said during the interview that he has installed some of last seasons scheme and the language.

As much as we love to besmirch the name of Beckton, I think the guy just wanted to see the players and how things are going. As much as we seem to enjoy calling the guy a scumbag traitor who suddenly hates UCF, he's spent the better part of the last 25-30 years at the school as a player and coach. You don't just lose all interest and affection like we like to say he did.

What I like most about Hype is that he doesn't appear to be dogmatic about running HIS offense. He said during the interview that he has installed some of last seasons scheme and the language.

The players are going to be more open to accepting HIS offense later if he gives them something now.

FAU has suspended Oklahoma Transfer QB Robison for academic issues. Kiffen said it may not be a long suspension. Other QB Johnson is the starter right now but not playing much in last 2 years his arm strength isn’t there yet.

Only natural that so many of our young guys are gaining weight. Gotta remember a lot of these guys were true freshman and sophomores last year. Haven't even grown into the bodies yet.

MM definitely looks like he’s getting bigger. Additionally, it’s nice to hear that Shannon has a goal of few shutouts defensively and to at least hold teams under 20 points. Definitely looking for an upgrade on the defensive side of the ball in time over last year.
Chinander's goal was to hold them under 40 and let them score as quickly as possible to get the ball back for the offense. I'm glad Shannon has a goal of 20*

Beckton bought season tickets
images

So he can wear Nebraska gear and hold signs up?
So he can talk to our potential recruits and their families watching the games.

Funny.., so UCF never plays home games on the same days that Nobraska plays their games?? When is he going to learn how to be a coordinator or a head coach??

I was questioning whether people would stop hating him if he provided financial support to the school. Then he actually does, and he is vilified for it.

Also does anyone think he is actually going to attend games? It's probably for his relatives and friends, who probably will still be viewed as working covertly to sabotage the program.

For crying out loud, he isn't a Sith Lord. The guy has done more for the UCF football program, and probably university as a whole than 99.9% of us. He bought season tickets to support the program. He took another job. Lighten up already.
Why was he asked to leave? Couldn’t he buy tickets over phone? If we have closed practices he can’t just show up unannounced. He has to be a guest of HC or above.

FAU has suspended Oklahoma Transfer QB Robison for academic issues. Kiffen said it may not be a long suspension. Other QB Johnson is the starter right now but not playing much in last 2 years his arm strength isn’t there yet.
we better beat FAU, Lane will never shut up. He RT this

We'd be foolish to underestimate FAU. They'll be one of our tougher games. They're not as good as us but if we slip they'll make us pay.
Not underestimate but they only played 2 good teams all year and got whooped by Navy. Also lost to Buffalo. Not all that worried about them.

We'd be foolish to underestimate FAU. They'll be one of our tougher games. They're not as good as us but if we slip they'll make us pay.
Not underestimate but they only played 2 good teams all year and got whooped by Navy. Also lost to Buffalo. Not all that worried about them.
I would worry about them. However, I don’t think that we will be taking them lightly with JH as our coach and a raucous home crowd?

Kiffin took a 3-9 team and made them 11-3 in 1 year and all three loses happened in September. They also beat down teams, no close victories with their offensive stars coming back this year. They will be a very good team.

Kiffin took a 3-9 team and made them 11-3 in 1 year and all three loses happened in September. They also beat down teams, no close victories with their offensive stars coming back this year. They will be a very good team.
You can spin it any way you want. They happened to only play good teams in first 4 weeks. You think they beat Wisconsin if the game is played 6 weeks later? You think Navy still doesn’t kill them a few weeks later with same team? They went 3-3 OOC. None of those 3 wins would be considered good.

They don't have the talent on defense to keep up with UCF. It may be a high scoring game, but they aren't going to score enough.
From what I’ve been reading their offense is a work in progress too. Lost 3 O Lineman and transfer QB from Oklahoma is skipping classes. Down to the transfer QB that beat up a girl and he hasn’t really played in 2 years.

Prior to the recent offensive player issues FAU has been having, I was only concerned about the FAU, Pitt, and Navy games. I'd cut that list to just Pitt and Navy now that the Owls are having some trouble in the preseason. Kiffin's a great coach though, so I wouldn't completely count them out. And who knows how the USF Cows will play against us, as always.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT