ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Heupel Will Appear on Open Mike at 6:30 a.m.!!!

Kiffin took a 3-9 team and made them 11-3 in 1 year and all three loses happened in September. They also beat down teams, no close victories with their offensive stars coming back this year. They will be a very good team.
You can spin it any way you want. They happened to only play good teams in first 4 weeks. You think they beat Wisconsin if the game is played 6 weeks later? You think Navy still doesn’t kill them a few weeks later with same team? They went 3-3 OOC. None of those 3 wins would be considered good.

If you watched any Navy football last year, they had some issues...went just 4-4 in conf play (and two of those wins included a 3 pt win at home vs SMU and a 2 pt win at Tulane).

FAU did improve in Kiffin's new system as the season went along and if FAU had to play Navy last year in late November, FAU might have been a -7 pt favorite.

If you watched any Navy football last year, they had some issues...went just 4-4 in conf play (and two of those wins included a 3 pt win at home vs SMU and a 2 pt win at Tulane).

FAU did improve in Kiffin's new system as the season went along and if FAU had to play Navy last year in late November, FAU might have been a -7 pt favorite.

I wouldn't be shocked that Kiffin didn't alter his gameplan for the triple option. First game under a new regime, you just want the team to be on the same page and executing the playbook.

Kiffin is anything but conventional. I would think he would be the last person to care about a conference championship, plus he already has one. All his focus will be on Oklahoma and UCF. He's the living embodiment of the troll face and he also knows he will only get attention by taking down high profile teams.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I wouldn't be shocked that Kiffin didn't alter his gameplan for the triple option. First game under a new regime, you just want the team to be on the same page and executing the playbook.

Kiffin is anything but conventional. I would think he would be the last person to care about a conference championship, plus he already has one. All his focus will be on Oklahoma and UCF. He's the living embodiment of the troll face and he also knows he will only get attention by taking down high profile teams.

True...and maybe more importantly, Kiffin has stocked up FAU with transfers/JUCO's to help them win ASAP so he can land a much bigger job in the very near future.

Luckily I did watch Navy Football and the reason they started losing consistently was Abbey had a concussion against us and hurt his shoulder against Temple. His backup wasn’t as good. That’s why I said Navy would have still killed FAU towards end of season if they had the same team that many weeks later. FAU couldn’t stop the run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT