ADVERTISEMENT

Coach "PR" Coach "I" Coach "ME"

Reactions: U C to the F
Deion Sanders is a marketing machine. Always has been. He’s now applying it to his football team and recruiting. He’s distanced himself from FSU when he said “I graduated from an HBCU.” As though he never even attended FSU. He’s not legitimizing or drawing attention to his association with FSU. Why is that? …because he’s now competing with FSU for those same top recruits. He doesn’t want to give credit to FSU Being a part of making him the successful star that he has become ….if he does that, he may lose top recruits.

He’s also appealing to their commonality, race. Part of his recruiting pitch to players and their parents is hey you can come play for a black role model a father figure someone like you and your family. I don’t blame him. He’s trying to get the best recruits to help him win…..it’s a smart thing to do. It’s no different than Biden saying “ You’re not black if you don’t vote for me” insinuating real blacks only vote Democrat. They’re all just manipulating who and what they can to win recruits and votes.For Deion It’s all about creating a persona which wins recruits….and every coach does that in their own ways.

Last edited:
The reason people criticize Deion isn't race. I don't see anyone "hating" on Marcus Freeman. His appeal is controversy. The reason people don't like him is controversy. The reason people tune in is controversy.

But people are people. The viewers will be down slightly this week as they host USC. USC is going to blast them because CU just isn't that good. The rest of the season will be Deion fans going berzerk every time they beat ASU or Stanford. And then get mad every time "haters" mock them when they get clobbered by UCLA, OSU, Washington State and Utah. It's how its going to go.

Meanwhile, no one is talking about the fact they have the 75th ranked recruiting class. Below Colorado St and FAU. 8 recruits. Only 3 4 stars. No one is going to talk about the thing that is going to be his downfall in Colorado if he doesn't change. It isn't coverage or brashness. It's his philosophy that he wants to build a program almost entirely through the transfer portal. He's already said he wants kids with 2 years of college experience, not high school kids. He's proving that through where they are with recruiting. You're telling me Deion can only get 8 recruits? No way. he's choosing not to. Saving spots for transfers. We're already seeing you can't win against the best teams with all transfers and you can't win with no transfers (Clemson).

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
We're already seeing you can't win against the best teams with all transfers and you can't win with no transfers (Clemson).

Can't win without transfers??? That's not true. Transfers help fill immediate needs. But to say you can't win without transfer is wrong.

How many influential transfers played a significant role on THuga's last two national championship teams?

The truth is teams full of transfers win in August and September (non-conference), but peter out in October and November (when the real games are played).

Miami has been landing highly rated transfer classes for years. What does the u have to show for it?

@LoboCane

Last edited:
The reason people criticize Deion isn't race. I don't see anyone "hating" on Marcus Freeman. His appeal is controversy. The reason people don't like him is controversy. The reason people tune in is controversy.

But people are people. The viewers will be down slightly this week as they host USC. USC is going to blast them because CU just isn't that good. The rest of the season will be Deion fans going berzerk every time they beat ASU or Stanford. And then get mad every time "haters" mock them when they get clobbered by UCLA, OSU, Washington State and Utah. It's how its going to go.

Meanwhile, no one is talking about the fact they have the 75th ranked recruiting class. Below Colorado St and FAU. 8 recruits. Only 3 4 stars. No one is going to talk about the thing that is going to be his downfall in Colorado if he doesn't change. It isn't coverage or brashness. It's his philosophy that he wants to build a program almost entirely through the transfer portal. He's already said he wants kids with 2 years of college experience, not high school kids. He's proving that through where they are with recruiting. You're telling me Deion can only get 8 recruits? No way. he's choosing not to. Saving spots for transfers. We're already seeing you can't win against the best teams with all transfers and you can't win with no transfers (Clemson).

Minus the transfer part, I agree with everything in your post.

I was mainly triggered you used Clemson as the example when it never trailed im regulation against the No. 2 team in the country and lost due to not have a reliable field goal kicker.

Last edited:

You think USC will cause lower tv ratings? Nope. They should be top 4 this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT