ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado a candidate to leave Pac 12

Ouch. The p12 is negotiating with the CW. Cant wait fir that Cal vs Oregon State game right after the Gilmore Girls episode
I remember the WB that then turned into the CW. The Jamie Fox and Wayne’s Brothers shows were funny as hell, but damn I didn’t even know it was still a channel. And how much could they even possibly pay? Would have been better to go to a streaming service, RIP the Pac12 if this is true.

Reactions: 250vertical
The mystery to me is why Utah (who most say would be the most valuable corner team) seems not to be in the discussion anymore. If we get 2 corner schools and Ore/Wash take off, what are they left with?

I’m pretty sure the Gilmore Girls will get better ratings than the Friday night PAC-garbage game of the week:

usf at Wash St

I remember the WB that then turned into the CW. The Jamie Fox and Wayne’s Brothers shows were funny as hell, but damn I didn’t even know it was still a channel. And how much could they even possibly pay? Would have been better to go to a streaming service, RIP the Pac12 if this is true.
In Living Color was a Fox Show. May have had reruns in syndication after on WB.

In other news Miami and USF will begin a home and away series airing on Comedy Central after Southpark. Tune in to watch this hillarious battle of the top recruiting class to finish with a losing record as they take on the comedic bulls. You wont want to miss it!

I think I'm more surprised the CW is still a channel than Colorado potentially leaving to go back to the BIG12.

We need more quality B12 road trips. Boulder is a great add.
Half Baked Yes GIF

Is Colorado a cool road trip? Yes. But....

Does it tend to be a tough game? No matter CU's record, it often is, simply because of the high altitude. It's tough for a visiting team -- especially one flying in from Florida -- to get adjusted.

Are the Colorado fans welcoming? God, no! Their fans are typically ranked among the worst in the nation. Bring a hard hat to the game for your safety. Buff fans make Miami Hurricane fans look like choirboys by comparison. I kid you not, officials once delayed a CU-Nebraska game for 30 minutes while an entire section of CU students were kicked out of the stadium for throwing all kinds of bottles and crap onto the field.

Does it tend to be a tough game? No matter CU's record, it often is, simply because of the high altitude. It's tough for a visiting team -- especially one flying in from Florida -- to get adjusted.

Are the Colorado fans welcoming? God, no! Their fans are typically ranked among the worst in the nation. Bring a hard hat to the game for your safety. Buff fans make Miami Hurricane fans look like choirboys by comparison. I kid you not, officials once delayed a CU-Nebraska game for 30 minutes while an entire section of CU students were kicked out of the stadium for throwing all kinds of bottles and crap onto the field.
They sound like Usf fans, except with decent facilities

so they are like most Florida fanbases Ha

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
Sounds like Colorado leadership is not on board with leaving Pac12, joining B12

Leaving the Pac-12?​

Without a new media deal in place for the Pac-12, rumors have swirled that Colorado might go back to its old league, the Big 12, for the sake of stability.

Is that a backup plan for Colorado?

"Nobody’s asked us – I shouldn’t even say that. We’re committed to the Pac-12," he said. "What I’ve said along with the other presidents and chancellors is we’re not going to even think about going anywhere, none of us, until we see what kind of offer we get, and that’s still being worked out. And I’m confident it’s going to be fine."

He noted how the Big 12 has only one school in the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU) – Kansas – unlike the Pac-12, which has several, including Colorado. He also said Colorado has had far more alumni engagement at football games in California cities than it ever had in Big 12 cities.

Culturally CU/Alumni/Boulder is significantly closer to the P12 schools and west coast culture. I don't think were going to see them bolting for the B12 anytime soon unless the payout is orders larger. People can keep wishing this to be true on twitter though.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Culturally CU/Alumni/Boulder is significantly closer to the P12 schools and west coast culture. I don't think were going to see them bolting for the B12 anytime soon unless the payout is orders larger. People can keep wishing this to be true on twitter though.
there are a few UCF accounts on Twitter that get really worked up over this but the irony is that UCF and it’s Campus culture is probably more similar to Pac 12 schools than Big 12

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT