ADVERTISEMENT

Comey memos

It's almost double-yawn, for both parties.

Against Democrats, nothing is damning, as they are still one-sided, no new accusations.
Against Republicans, they prove Comey didn't lie about what he said internally at the FBI.

As I said before, until Comey started leaking things, he was a very good and objective agent, and had been for a decade-plus. He said he had to start leaking things, to avoid agents from doing so, but I cannot condone that.

However, if I was Trump, I wouldn't have fired him. I would have deferred to Sessions, regardless of the recommendations. If Sessions then had to defer for his own reasons, so be it.

So Trump had a conversation with Putin about the quality of Russian Hookers.

Nothing to see here. No pee tape.

So Trump had a conversation with Putin about the quality of Russian Hookers.
Nothing to see here. No pee tape.
No, Trump had a conversation with Comey about it, according to Comey's internal memos.

And that was just in regards to the former UK agent's dossier that was developed when the Republicans didn't want him in the primaries, and later by the Democrats when he was going to win the primaries.

The dossier is a collection of information, not fact checked. Although Putin was well known to talk in such ways, sometimes to gain leverage, or sometimes just to 'banter.' It's pretty much beyond weak to critically thinking people like me.

Especially considering most news correspondents had to deal with it from Bill Clinton early on, until he had to cut-it-out around more and more "non-Arkansas media." And that's when it was the early '90s, and the attitude towards female reporters of the time was, "Support Bill, despite how he treats you, he's for women's rights."

Heck, Chairman Mao and Secretary Kissinger talked similarly, and other world leaders have many times.

Did any of the other world leaders have reported videotapes out there involving the Hookers they were talking about?

Trump claims that he and Putin discussed Hookers. I hate to say this but there is a very real chance that the dossier is true and Putin has that piss tape.

No, Trump had a conversation with Comey about it, according to Comey's internal memos.

No Trump had a conversation with Putin about it.

"The memo also notes that Trump denied the whole thing, noting that the “‘the hookers thing’ is nonsense,” and then claimed that “Putin had told him ‘we have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world,’” which totally doesn’t make sense considering that Trump claims he didn’t partake in the hookers, but wanted Comey to know that had he partaken in said hookers they would have been beautiful because Putin told him they were."

Reactions: NinjaKnight
No Trump had a conversation with Putin about it.

"The memo also notes that Trump denied the whole thing, noting that the “‘the hookers thing’ is nonsense,” and then claimed that “Putin had told him ‘we have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world,’” which totally doesn’t make sense considering that Trump claims he didn’t partake in the hookers, but wanted Comey to know that had he partaken in said hookers they would have been beautiful because Putin told him they were."
Again, Trump had a conversation with Comey about it. You missed my point.

All the memos do is confirm that what Comey said publicly is what he said internally. It does not confirm whether or not what he said is true.

It only proves that Comey was consistent, which was what the Republicans were questioning. It doesn't prove anything actually happened.

Trump's meetings and interactions with Putin were extremely limited, which is why many are questioning when these conversations may have occurred, if 1st hand at all.

I do believe Putin talks like this. He's KGB. Compromising someone in this way is everyday for him. But now it's just about what and when and how Trump may have had that conversation.

I also do believe Trump is bothered by the 'water sports' claim. And that's what they might have had a lot of their conversation about. Trump is pure vanity.

Last edited:
Again, Trump had a conversation with Comey about it. You missed my point.

All the memos do is confirm that what Comey said publicly is what he said internally. It does not confirm whether or not what he said is true.

It only proves that Comey was consistent, which was what the Republicans were questioning. It doesn't prove anything actually happened.
Who has given you more reason to doubt them, Trump or Comey? When Comey wrote these he was director of the FBI, wasn't trying to sell a book, was trying to document and save conversations that looked to be troublesome to him.

Did any of the other world leaders have reported videotapes out there involving the Hookers they were talking about?

Trump claims that he and Putin discussed Hookers. I hate to say this but there is a very real chance that the dossier is true and Putin has that piss tape.

Lol, TDS is really taking it's toll.

Trump is the only world leader that has made up stuff said about him. IMPEACH TRUMP!!!

Who has given you more reason to doubt them, Trump or Comey? When Comey wrote these he was director of the FBI, wasn't trying to sell a book, was trying to document and save conversations that looked to be troublesome to him.
I've defended Comey. Do not overlook that!

I'm just saying what is what. You read way, way into it.

All this does is prove that Comey was consistent, which is what some Republicans were saying he was not (now disproven). What Comey said publicly is also what he said internally. That's all this proves.

The only negative thing I can pin on Comey is leaking materials to the press. I hold others with SSBIs/TS-SCIs to the same standard -- regardless of party.

I've defended Comey. Do not overlook that!

I'm just saying what is what. You read way, way into it.

All this does is prove that Comey was consistent, which is what some Republicans were saying he was not (now disproven). What Comey said publicly is also what he said internally. That's all this proves.

The only negative thing I can pin on Comey is leaking materials to the press. I hold others with SSBIs/TS-SCIs to the same standard -- regardless of party.
We had no information about Trump and Putin discussing hookers in Russia prior to these memos. It did confirm a lot but this was not previously disclosed.

We had no information about Trump and Putin discussing hookers in Russia prior to these memos. It did confirm a lot but this was not previously disclosed.
Huh? Where you been? It was in the dossier!!!

Nothing more damaging than a liar recalling a conversation with another liar.

A little different in the dossier than from the presidents mouth. Don't you remember, the dossier is fake.
Do you understand what a circular reference is?

First off, the US media disclosed and has been talking about the dossier for a long time, including making a claim that Putin had leverage over Trump via his interest in prostitutes and golden showers.

Secondly, it wouldn't surprise me if I was being accused of such that I might discuss it with the FBI! I might even say something like, "I'm not into golden showers, and I'm not into prostitutes, but I do think Russian women are attractive." Especially if I a celebrity so obsessed, to a level of vanity, like Trump is. So ...

FYI, Trump's current wife is Slovakian, his former wife Ivana is Czech, both south Slavic. Ukranian and even some western Russian women are considered northern Slavic. There are far more similarities than differences.**
**If there is one thing I do like about Trump, it's that I adore Slavic women too. And I also adore Romanian and Hungarian women, who are a little different than Slavic (and even Balkan for that matter). My wife is a first generation American, and spitting image of her paternal, Hungarian grandmother. I also love African women, and I didn't find Michelle Obama unattractive either. But that's another debate.
Third, all Comey previously disclosed is that Trump, via their conversation, confirmed he talked prostitutes with Putin, including comments about affinity about Russian women. Sounds plausible. And ...

Fourth, the Comey Memo releases just confirm Comey said the same thing internally while at the FBI. That's it. Leaving ...

Fifth, the continued issue of when and how Trump met Putin, of which they two have actually had very little contact in the time frame explored. Was it over the phone? In-person?

So, what does all this tell me?
  • The US media is obsessed with sex
  • Comey claims Trump is obsessed with his image/vanity (no golden showers), because of the previously released dossier (again, circular reference)
  • Comey claims Trump has an affinity for central and eastern European women (whether prostitutes or not), and had to comment further
It's hard to say, "Oh, the President talked about X" when the US media was already talking about X and that's why the President talked to his FBI director about it! Especially someone of Trump's smugness and vanity.

Me? I really think this is a massive waste of taxpayer dollars, but it gets play, because it's about sex. Of course Trump probably talked about some of this! Why aren't we talking about other things he talked about?! Oh, that's right ... US media ... sex.

What in any of this is convincing you that there is any more veracity to the dossier than there was a month ago?

And the fact that Putin likes to talk about things that prove his manliness takes you from that to proving the veracity of the full on freak show of the dossier. That’s quite the line to draw if you remove your obvious bias. I can’t see how an objective observer spins that one admission into the extremely unusual case for a special prosecutor, especially one with the far-reaching powers that Rosenstein granted Mueller. If that one conversation is your only example, then there was nothing in the memos or Trump’s actions that showed any collusion or even lent a reasonable suspicion that there might be collusion.

What these memos (and subsequent interviews) certainly prove is that Comey was a horrible choice for FBI director. He has done the FBI and his country a great disservice. He also should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for leaking classified information with the intent of subverting an elected President of the United States. I believe there is a hell of a charge for that.

And the fact that Putin likes to talk about things that prove his manliness takes you from that to proving the veracity of the full on freak show of the dossier. That’s quite the line to draw if you remove your obvious bias. I can’t see how an objective observer spins that one admission into the extremely unusual case for a special prosecutor, especially one with the far-reaching powers that Rosenstein granted Mueller. If that one conversation is your only example, then there was nothing in the memos or Trump’s actions that showed any collusion or even lent a reasonable suspicion that there might be collusion.

What these memos (and subsequent interviews) certainly prove is that Comey was a horrible choice for FBI director. He has done the FBI and his country a great disservice. He also should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for leaking classified information with the intent of subverting an elected President of the United States. I believe there is a hell of a charge for that.
You think the dossier is a freakshow? What part don't you believe. What's been disproved?

The dossier has been accurate as far as I know. I don't know of anything that has been proven to be false. Its attacked all the time but the info stands up.

The dossier claims the president is compromised by a sex tape involving Russian Hookers. (Unverified)

But we do now know Putin bragged about the hookers (now confirmed) Russian hookers were sent.(confirmed) We do know Trump stayed in the hotel where the incident was alleged to happen.(confirmed)

That's where the story variations split. Trump's bodyguard, who still gets a monthly payout, says they never went inside his room.

The Dossier says they did and the Kremlin filmed it to get dirt on a powerful person who was looking to build a hotel in Russia so they could use it later.

You think the dossier is a freakshow? What part don't you believe. What's been disproved?

The dossier has been accurate as far as I know. I don't know of anything that has been proven to be false. Its attacked all the time but the info stands up.

The dossier claims the president is compromised by a sex tape involving Russian Hookers. (Unverified)

But we do now know Putin bragged about the hookers (now confirmed) Russian hookers were sent.(confirmed) We do know Trump stayed in the hotel where the incident was alleged to happen.(confirmed)

That's where the story variations split. Trump's bodyguard, who still gets a monthly payout, says they never went inside his room.

The Dossier says they did and the Kremlin filmed it to get dirt on a powerful person who was looking to build a hotel in Russia so they could use it later.
I meant that hiring prostitutes to pee on the bed in front of you is a freak show.

Did Trump stay in the Presidential suite of the Ritz-Carlton while in Moscow? Sure, and I’m guessing he did many times before as well.

Does Russia try to get Americans in compromising situations? All the time all over the world. I’ve had to take the Government training about it every time I go overseas. They’re not the only ones doing it and it can begin very innocuously.

Let’s say he even paid women to pee on the bed because he hates the Obamas so much. In and of itself that is repulsive but not collusion. It’s the next part, the allegations that Trump is giving favors to Russia for their silence.

Now, if Russia has this arrangement with Trump, how is it in their benefit to sell it to an extremely clumsy agent that is widely known to be selling info to the highest bidder. Rogue FSB agents end up very publicly dead so I’m guessing this was done on purpose. Why would they expose their hidden agreement that benefits them and lose all of that? If you’re burnt by a Trump that was in your pocket but then turned, why not release the tapes if they exist and burn him then?

It just doesn’t make sense. Unless you know that you’re playing the media and you can keep hinting at things that may or may not be true and America will tear itself apart.

Look, I’ll be right in line calling for his head if it turns out he was giving favors to Russia in return for anything. Until that actual evidence comes out, though, this feels like a Russian psyop and not even a very subtle one. And we are doing all of the work for them in tearing ourselves up.

Look at it from the Russian viewpoint. They know Trump hates Obama and that is why he’s running for President. They also know the DNC is desperate for anything amidst all the chaos that was the campaign. So you put 2 and 2 together and throw out a line. And damn if you don’t get a hell of a bite from an FBI director who was enthralled with Clinton and would do anything to erase the American public’s Election Day error.

Look at everything that came out of that operation. Whoever was running it on the Russian side is probably a hero in the halls of the FSB.

Your position is hilarious. You’re basically saying “I choose to believe most everything in this opposition paid dossier and it’s up to YOU to prove these things wrong, despite nothing has proven them to be true yet”

The Russia relationship has sunk to its lowest level perhaps ever. Trump sent TOW missiles to kill Russians in Ukraine. Our military just killed hundreds of Russians in Syria. We have sanctioned Putin’s personal friends. Trump ordered the largest expulsion of Russian diplomats in decades.

If the Russians really had this dirt then they sure as hell don’t seem to know how to use it. Or they simply don’t have it and you just want to believe anything negative about Trump. Yea, going with that one.

Reactions: fabknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT