ADVERTISEMENT

Commentary: It’s idiotic to think UCF would or should fire Gus Malzahn

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022

images

What's hilarious is, there must be a giant groundswell wanting to fire him to get an article written about it. I thought it was only a few, must be most of UCF. Glad to know the complaints are being heard. A few more data points proving Gus can no longer coach at this level, let alone the G5 level, and bye bye.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
Duckworth (front page) did respond to UCF's interest--- "You do know I can throw the ball, right? I'm not really interested in Navy offense.'

Using Mike Bianchi as a source for your argument is right on par with all the other crap that is vomited on here by you.

Anyone that actually ever lived in Central Florida at any point knows what kind of credibility he has.

Where there’s smoke…

Reactions: Willie Knightime
Using Mike Bianchi as a source for your argument is right on par with all the other crap that is vomited on here by you.

Anyone that actually ever lived in Central Florida at any point knows what kind of credibility he has.

Where there’s smoke…
You've been listening to Trace Trylko too much on Sons of UCF. Eric Lopez was trying to talk sense into him, but Trace wasn't hearing it. His mind was made up. In fact, his mind was made up before Gus ever stepped foot on campus. It's cool though. Gus will go on a run and fix everything. But I will never forget your turncoat azz with yo quit-at-the-first-sign-of-trouble mentality. I sure as h*LL wouldn't want to be in a fox hole with you when sh*t goes down.

As for me I have faith.

You've been listening to Trace Trylko too much on Sons of UCF. Eric Lopez was trying to talk sense into him, but Trace wasn't hearing it. His mind was made up. In fact, his mind was made up before Gus ever stepped foot on campus. It's cool though. Gus will go on a run and fix everything. But I will never forget your turncoat azz with yo quit-at-the-first-sign-of-trouble mentality. I sure as h*LL wouldn't want to be in a fox hole with you when sh*t goes down.

As for me I have faith.
First sign of trouble? lol

UCF is 6-12 against P4 teams under Grandpa Boom and Doom (6-14 if you add in Cincinnati and SMU in ‘21, who are now P4).

First sign of trouble was years ago. He says “the standard is the standard”, but our standard at UCF was higher before he ever got here. His team’s in-game execution is not up to our standard here in Orlando.

UCF is 6-12 against P4 teams under Grandpa Boom and Doom (6-14 if you add in Cincinnati and SMU in ‘21, who are now P4).

First sign of trouble was years ago. He says “the standard is the standard”, but our standard at UCF was higher before he ever got here. His team’s in-game execution is not up to our standard here in Orlando.
Grandpa Boom will soon be the FOURTH WINNINGEST COACH in UCF football history and on the Mount GUSmore of UCF coaches.

He stole Tomlins, “ The Standard is the Standard” line when not winning much?

UCF is 6-12 against P4 teams under Grandpa Boom and Doom.

So Gus is 6-12 (.333) against P4 programs since 2021. From 2014-2020, UCF went 4-8 (.333) against P4 teams.

Wins: Georgia Tech, Stanford, Maryland, Auburn
Losses: LSWho, Michigan, Maryland, Stanford, South Carolina, Penn State, Missouri, and NC State.

So Gus has beaten 1.5 times more P4 programs (6) in the last four years than UCF (4) beat in its previous 8 seasons. From my perspective, the standard is indeed the standard.

SMU seems to be doing just fine year 1 in the ACC. As did we our first year in the Big East in 2013 after jumping from C-USA. Hell, we won the freaking conference championship. So I don't buy the argument about needing more time to compete in the P4. Gus just isn't a good coach.

So Gus is 6-12 (.333) against P4 programs since 2021. From 2014-2020, UCF went 4-8 (.333) against P4 teams.

Wins: Georgia Tech, Stanford, Maryland, Auburn
Losses: LSWho, Michigan, Maryland, Stanford, South Carolina, Penn State, Missouri, and NC State.

So Gus has beaten 1.5 times more P4 programs (6) in the last four years than UCF (4) beat in its previous 8 seasons. From my perspective, the standard is indeed the standard.
What about when we destroyed Pitt in 2018 ya dumbass? Gtf off our board dude.

non-paywall link:

It’s idiotic to think UCF would or should fire Gus Malzahn | Commentary​

Story by Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
• 1d
Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...hould-fire-gus-malzahn-commentary/ar-AA1rZ4vy
The next time Bianchi goes to a UCF game, it will be the first time he goes to a UCF game. He has no idea what’s going on with the program. He’s not there asking questions at the weekly pressers you always post. He’s not traveling with the team, covering the team, he has no clue.

I believe the last time I heard his voice involving anything UCF was Malzahn’s introductory presser. The man is a punchline. If he’s sounding off that loudly against something that he has no idea about, that actually makes me feel even a little better about successfully convincing Grandpa Boom and Gloom to move on.

Reactions: LoboCane
My problem with Gus is his decision making. Bringing a QB in who can't throw was a poor decision. Going for it on 4th down inside our 50 yard line on the road against UF was a bad decision. Taking a 5 yrd penalty when we just forced UF to kick a field goal is a bad decision. That is 11 points we could have saved. Then a field goal could have won the game. His decision making when ending a half or game is bad.

You can say what you want about O'Leary, but he did not make many bad decisions during games. Most of the time you win or have a chance to win games if you hold your opponent to field goals.

non-paywall link:

It’s idiotic to think UCF would or should fire Gus Malzahn | Commentary​

Story by Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
• 1d
Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...hould-fire-gus-malzahn-commentary/ar-AA1rZ4vy
Bianchi is a hack. It’s hilarious that his evidence for why you’re an idiot if you think Grandpa Boom should be fired is
a) recruiting (he said nothing positive about anything that’s happening on the field, just recruiting) and
b) this is “big boy football now”. So then what’s the excuse for losing to Navy twice? East Carolina by three scores? Tulane? SMU by nearly 40 points? The man almost blew a 30-pt. lead against one of the worst USF teams in their program’s history in ‘22.

I would ignore all Bianchi commentary on UCF, it holds zero value.

Bianchi is a hack. It’s hilarious that his evidence for why you’re an idiot if you think Grandpa Boom should be fired is
a) recruiting (he said nothing positive about anything that’s happening on the field, just recruiting) and
b) this is “big boy football now”. So then what’s the excuse for losing to Navy twice? East Carolina by three scores? Tulane? SMU by nearly 40 points? The man almost blew a 30-pt. lead against one of the worst USF teams in their program’s history in ‘22.

Your agenda shines through. You are pointing out only the negative. Gus also had the two largest comebacks in UCF history. One at home and one on the road.

Your weakness is you are trying to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Kirby Smart had the same record as Mark Richt the first five years at Georgia. uGay wanted to fire Kirby.

Recruiting wins usually come first.

This is Big Boy football. Everybody is good. You cannot out coach everybody.

b) this is “big boy football now”. So then what’s the excuse for losing to Navy twice? East Carolina by three scores? Tulane? SMU by nearly 40 points? The man almost blew a 30-pt. lead against one oif the worst USF teams in their program’s history in ‘22.

Let me follow up with...

Gus ain't going anywhere.

Gus wants to be at UCF, which is more than you can say for Frost and Heupel.

Now for the Big troll finale....

It is ALWAYS great to be in bed with the Prez and have the AD in ya back pocket next to those TWELVE MILLION REASONS WHY!

love-that-money-talledega-knights.png

So all you are doing by spreading gossip and innuendo is hurting recruiting. That is really all you are doing.

"It’s idiotic to think UCF would or should fire Gus Malzahn"

Last edited:
Let me follow up with...

Gus ain't going anywhere.

Gus wants to be at UCF, which is more than you can say for Frost and Heupel.

Now for the Big troll finale....

It is ALWAYS great to be in bed with the Prez and have the AD in ya back pocket next to those TWELVE MILLION REASONS WHY!

love-that-money-talledega-knights.png

So all you are doing by spreading gossip and innuendo is hurting recruiting. That is really all you are doing.

"It’s idiotic to think UCF would or should fire Gus Malzahn"
You know what’s hurting recruiting? Losing. Keep losing and the 2025 class will implode. That’s just the way it works.

The last two years Malzone has brought in a total of 78 players. 33 players in 2023 (18 transfers) & 45 players in 2024 (28 transfers).

But the resident simp still trying to blame Heupel of all people. Look at Malzone’s history and you will find that: 1. He doesn’t know how to build a roster. 2. He’s a terrible evaluator of talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT