ADVERTISEMENT

Commerce Sec. Wilbur Ross - WTF???!!?

Wilber Ross’s comment explains why this is the longest Government shutdown in history.

I have immediate family not getting paid. But they still have to work. Main breadwinner in the family. They have savings, but with young kids they will be through that in 3 months. Guess who they will be turning to for help?

And yet according to some here, shutdowns are good.

Until the effects hit close to home.

Need to cut some federal workers while we are at it and modernize departments.

I would be very open to a bipartisan effort to streamline our Government as part of a comprehensive effort to balance our federal budget.

If you think this shutdown in any way accomplishs that, I've got some prime real estate to sell you in the Everglades.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I would be very open to a bipartisan effort to streamline our Government as part of a comprehensive effort to balance our federal budget.

If you think this shutdown in any way accomplishs that, I've got some prime real estate to sell you in the Everglades.

No but it's time to modernize the federal government. There should be the same demands as the private sector. Yearly reviews and if you suck...bye. Add automation to areas.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Yeah, even trump said he wouldn’t have phrased things this way. But hey, these people just need to be more responsible and save for rainy days. Amirite, @sk8knight ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!:flush:
Yes. It’s part of being a functional adult. Nothing is guaranteed. I love that you all are making it like being a responsible adult in society is too much to ask of people. No, let’s just expect everyone to be children, live only for now, and we’ll bail all of society out constantly.

Or, help the ones that truly need help and demand the rest of us to have at least a modicum of individual responsibility.

Yes. It’s part of being a functional adult. Nothing is guaranteed. I love that you all are making it like being a responsible adult in society is too much to ask of people. No, let’s just expect everyone to be children, live only for now, and we’ll bail all of society out constantly.

Or, help the ones that truly need help and demand the rest of us to have at least a modicum of individual responsibility.

Yeap, all those people are just completely irresponsible asshat children. A month later and you still sound as obtuse as ever. Well done.

Wilbur, is that you? Way to generalize, be completely tone-deaf and be devoid of all compassion for fellow human beings.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Wilbur, is that you? Way to generalize, be completely tone-deaf and be devoid of all compassion for fellow human beings.
I have compassion. It sucks for them. There are more than a few that need help.

But yeah, let’s all just live our lives to the fullest and forget all about the future. Anyone who suggests otherwise is evil.

I have compassion. It sucks for them. There are more than a few that need help.

But yeah, let’s all just live our lives to the fullest and forget all about the future. Anyone who suggests otherwise is evil.

No, you don't have compassion. You've dug your heels in continually. You do realize that people can be responsible, not live their lives to the fullest, and be completely screwed when they don't get paid for a significant amount of time, correct?

Naw, just a bunch of irresponsible children.

@sk8knight is one of the most willfully ignorant and empathy devoid individuals I've ever interacted with.

Doctor gets shot to death by Israelis while trying to save lives: sk8's response - shouldn't have been there

Child dies trying to get to a better life in America: sk8's response - shoulda stayed in your drug cartel run city

People going for over a month without pay: sk8's response - don't be such a baby

You couldn't be a bigger fuking jackass with less intelligence if you tried.

NinjaKnight, post: 1538573, member: 950"]@sk8knight is one of the most willfully ignorant and empathy devoid individuals I've ever interacted with.

Doctor gets shot to death by Israelis while trying to save lives: sk8's response - shouldn't have been there

Child dies trying to get to a better life in America: sk8's response - shoulda stayed in your drug cartel run city

People going for over a month without pay: sk8's response - don't be such a baby

You couldn't be a bigger fuking jackass with less intelligence if you tried.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would haven't worded it as strongly but he continually clings to the bullshit he spews and shows no empathy--unless it comes to LEOs, and then he tells us for the nine thousandth time his wife works as one.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
NinjaKnight, post: 1538573, member: 950"]@sk8knight is one of the most willfully ignorant and empathy devoid individuals I've ever interacted with.

You couldn't be a bigger fuking jackass with less intelligence if you tried.

Yeah, I would haven't worded it as strongly but he continually clings to the bullshit he spews and shows no empathy--unless it comes to LEOs, and then he tells us for the nine thousandth time his wife works as one.[/QUOTE]
Heard and understood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT