ADVERTISEMENT

The Phantom Red Wave

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
So many republicans are dead from Covid. Enough to swing some of the closer races. They ain't coming back. The gap is going to continue to grow until republican policies change. Young people ****ing hate the GOP policies and more of them will be 18 in the next 2 years.

The next presidential candidate they run will still be anti abortion. Will still atack the friends of young people. Will still choose corporate interests over workers. It will be a blood bath again. I don't know how long gerrymandering can keep the illusion of things being close but eventually republicans will need to accept their identity crisis or accept irrelevance.

I'd say drop the bull shit culture wars and focus on economic policies. If republicans didn't spend so much time attacking the most vulnerable in our society they might be able to make some in roads with the younger generation. Young people all have gay friends. They all have trans friends. They all think women should be in control of their bodies. They won't turn their back on those people for any supposed economic policy edge. How many elections will it take for that to sink in?

So many republicans are dead from Covid. Enough to swing some of the closer races. They ain't coming back. The gap is going to continue to grow until republican policies change. Young people ****ing hate the GOP policies and more of them will be 18 in the next 2 years.

The next presidential candidate they run will still be anti abortion. Will still atack the friends of young people. Will still choose corporate interests over workers. It will be a blood bath again. I don't know how long gerrymandering can keep the illusion of things being close but eventually republicans will need to accept their identity crisis or accept irrelevance.

I'd say drop the bull shit culture wars and focus on economic policies. If republicans didn't spend so much time attacking the most vulnerable in our society they might be able to make some in roads with the younger generation. Young people all have gay friends. They all have trans friends. They all think women should be in control of their bodies. They won't turn their back on those people for any supposed economic policy edge. How many elections will it take for that to sink in?

Yup. Imagine thinking the gender of the Iowa womens swim team matters. Yet that was the go to argument over thanksgiving last year from the crazy maga uncle, I can't wait to hear what idiotically trivial talking point fox has been pushing this latest year when we meet up again.

Ummm... a lot of people from both parties are dead, equally. The Republicans just get all the fame in the Progressive dominated media.

There are a lot of early, pro-vaxxers dread, especially from Pfizer's tainted and substandard early vials as the EMA found.

Ummm... a lot of people from both parties are dead, equally. The Republicans just get all the fame in the Progressive dominated media.

There are a lot of early, pro-vaxxers dread, especially from Pfizer's tainted and substandard early vials as the EMA found.

This likely isnt true at all. Obviously they dont put someones political views on a death certificate or when they enter a hospital, but there were more deaths (at least by %) in red states/districts than blue states/districts. Unless it was only killing Democrats in red areas, then deaths from covid easily skew more towards Republicans than Democrats.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKnight

The GOP is going to be hurting at least Trump is out of the picture. He has no chance in winning in '24, but if he is the nominee he is going to insure that Democrats still come out in large #s, which will effect other races. And yes, they certainly need to focus on issues people care about, and drop the culture war charades, that they dont even care about, and the average person doesnt care about either. Basically, they need to quit playing to the nuts and start focusing on the concerns of the average people in society.

it works for them in Florida and Texas so some of
them won’t pivot. The reaction I am seeing from their media mouthpieces is more a resentment of Gen Z vs looking at themselves and seeing how crazy they sound

this midterm result reinvigorated my faith in the electorate. They didn’t solely decide on temporary economic issues . And if Gen Z recognizes their power they can decide 2024 too, they can cancel out the enraged Boomers that watch 4 hours of Fox News a day

This likely isnt true at all. Obviously they dont put someones political views on a death certificate or when they enter a hospital, but there were more deaths (at least by %) in red states/districts than blue states/districts. Unless it was only killing Democrats in red areas, then deaths from covid easily skew more towards Republicans than Democrats.

It's an easily proven fact that GOPers died at significantly higher rates than Dems due to their anti-vax, anti-mask, pro death policies. Anyone who argues otherwise is an abject moron and can be dismissed as a nutjob at odds with reality.

Last edited:

Another zinger from the hoagie chaser.

Conservatives turning on trump really prove they are just fuking stupidly slow. "he's not a leader, he's just in it for himself" No shit sherlock, the rest of us figured that out a decade ago., welcome to the party

Reactions: DaShuckster
Basically, they need to quit playing to the nuts and start focusing on the concerns of the average people in society.
THIS! ^^^^^
this midterm result reinvigorated my faith in the electorate.
and THIS! ^^^^^

It's been funny listening to the right-wing pundits who were gleefully boasting about the 'coming Red Wave' before the election who are now scatching their heads wondering what the hell happened. uh, DUH!

Right or Left, Americans are tired of Crazy. But the GOP is destined to remain Crazy as long as Trump is still around. Whether he wins or loses the nomination, Trump is going to make 2024 crazy again. If Trump loses the nomination, he's vindictive enough to blow up the party.

that nutjob Kari Lake also lost
The bizarre thing about Kari Lake's loss to a dweeb Dem who was scared to debate her is that Lake made a big deal in the State of telling the 'McCain Republicans' to get the hell out because her campaign didn't need them.

Given the closeness of the race, those McCain Republicans that she ridiculed leading up the the election would have easily put her over the top.

The bizarre thing about Kari Lake's loss to a dweeb Dem who was scared to debate her is that Lake made a big deal in the State of telling the 'McCain Republicans' to get the hell out because her campaign didn't need them.

Given the closeness of the race, those McCain Republicans that she ridiculed leading up the the election would have easily put her over the top.

Yeah, I like the strategy of telling some Republicans you dont want their vote, then when you dont get their vote, just claim it was rigged. Some of the nut job Republican candidates are just stupid.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I also think it is interesting, seeing that Desantis seems to have moved ahead of Trump in the pecking order, that all 4 candidates Desantis stumped for out of state lost. He won his race easily, but didnt seem to have much impact in other states, and I think that is something Republicans are going to need to keep an eye on leading up to 24. I dont think Trump has a chance of winning the general election, but we also dont really know how well Desantis will do outside of Florida either.

I dont think Trump has a chance of winning the general election, but we also dont really know how well Desantis will do outside of Florida either.
Good point, Cubs79. DeSantis has yet to demonstrate he's ready for the national stage.

But the big thing is that if DeSantis does somehow manage to win the GOP nomination in 2024, who here thinks Donald will accept defeat and go quietly away? Trump would rather trash the whole party in a vindictive temper tantrum than see DeSantis move on and win the general election.

Face it, one way or the other, the Republicans have screwed themselves for 2024. Call Biden "Dementia Joe" all you want, he's going to be a two-term President.

I also think it is interesting, seeing that Desantis seems to have moved ahead of Trump in the pecking order, that all 4 candidates Desantis stumped for out of state lost. He won his race easily, but didnt seem to have much impact in other states, and I think that is something Republicans are going to need to keep an eye on leading up to 24. I dont think Trump has a chance of winning the general election, but we also dont really know how well Desantis will do outside of Florida either.
I said this in the DeSantis thread before the election . He isn’t a juggernaut in the Midwest like Trump is

Good point, Cubs79. DeSantis has yet to demonstrate he's ready for the national stage.

But the big thing is that if DeSantis does somehow manage to win the GOP nomination in 2024, who here thinks Donald will accept defeat and go quietly away? Trump would rather trash the whole party in a vindictive temper tantrum than see DeSantis move on and win the general election.

Face it, one way or the other, the Republicans have screwed themselves for 2024. Call Biden "Dementia Joe" all you want, he's going to be a two-term President.

It wouldnt shock me in the least if Trump runs as a 3rd party/independent if he doesnt win the nomination.

Trump will lump DeSantis in with the Bushes, McCain, Romney, and Liz Cheney as Godless RINOS who support the Dems more than they do, the Great MAGA Nation. Then DeSantis will try to out-Trump Trump which will become a Three-ring circus. And if you thought the 2020 General election was rigged, just wait and see what the GOP "Establishment" does to your poor Donald in every State primary he happens to lose.

The only salvation for the party will be if our Attorney General grows a pair of balls and indicts Trump for all of his Jan. 6th shenanighans.

It wouldnt shock me in the least if Trump runs as a 3rd party/independent if he doesnt win the nomination.
Yup, his insane ego would demand it, and it would be the best thing imaginable for this country.

His brain dead cult members would take half the vote from the other of half of the GOP that hasnt totally lost its mind and Biden would easily win.

His brain dead cult members would take half the vote from the other of half of the GOP that hasnt totally lost its mind and Biden would easily win.
It needs to be emphasized that on January 6th Trump handed the GOP with a Golden Opportunity to denounce his BS and re-boot itself in time for 2024. Let's be honest here, it didn't take a bunch of Jan 6 House Committee hearings for most sane people in this country to understand what happened that day.

A few GOP politicians initially said the right things but within a day they began doubling down on the bullsh*t. During this past election, even Republicans who I would label as moderates in my State (as opposed to Trump cult members) would answer direct questions as to whether the 2020 election was "stolen" with a ham-handed, "I accept that Joe Biden is our President."

So all of the MAGA posters here who complain about "Dementia Joe" have guaranteed he's a shoo-in to be reelected to another term in 2024.

Exactly!

So many republicans are dead from Covid. Enough to swing some of the closer races. They ain't coming back. The gap is going to continue to grow until republican policies change.
Change policies? When was the last time the GOP ran on an actual policy?

The only ones I can remember is Trump's $two billion dollar tax giveaway to his buddies and his lamebrained, sophomoric effort to build a border wall.

Republicans complain about inflation----but what's their solution versus what we're already doing?

Republicans complain about immigration----but what's their solution? The hard truth is they'd rather use the current situation to gin up donations and votes than to work with Democrats to actually do something about it.
How many elections will it take for that to sink in?
That's the million dollar question. You'd THINK the past mid-term elections would have shocked some sense into the GOP leadership. But sure looks to me like it's only causing them to double-down.

Our country needs a conservative "ying" to balance a progressive "yang," but the MAGA crowd has overwhelmed the party's spineless leadership into submission. It seems to me Conservatives need to re-invent themselves under a new party banner. Screw the Culture Wars bullsh*t and start focusing on fiscal conservatism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT