ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Mikey!!!

Glad we aren't Boston College, needing overtime to barely beat a MAC.

or to actually lose to them.

Last edited:
Looks like BC lost in OT. TC had them back in the game, but that program is a dumpster fire.

Mikey just keeps proving the internet expert player evaluators wrong. “Too small.” “Too slow.” ” Noodle arm”. “Can’t throw the ball deep”. “Anyone is a better qb”. ”I can’t wait until Tommy Castellanos gets here…he’s already a better qb and he’s in high school."

Mikey's not a perfect QB, few college QBs are....but he's a baller...a winner...and he's not finished developing. He'll make mistakes like all players, but he's going to keep growing. With every game, he makes the bashers eat crow.

Happy for the young man.

Mikey just keeps proving the internet expert player evaluators wrong. “Too small.” “Too slow.” ” Noodle arm”. “Can’t throw the ball deep”. “Anyone is a better qb”. ”I can’t wait until Tommy Castellanos gets here…he’s already a better qb and he’s in high school."

Mikey's not a perfect QB, few college QBs are....but he's a baller...a winner...and he's not finished developing. He'll make mistakes like all players, but he's going to keep growing. With every game, he makes the bashers eat crow.

Happy for the young man.
He was 24-0 in high school. He’s not used to losing.

Wasn’t jus Mikey and TC. Parker Navarro as well and he was an afterthought. I’m missing one more guy.

Fresno State plays both Kent State and Boise State this year. We'll be able to directly compare Keene/Plumlee performances against two different defenses.

Fresno State via FPI currently favored in all their games.

Huh? I think UCF wanted to keep Mikey. And, was counting on him to play in the conference championship game. It was his decision to leave. That's a strange twist you throwing out there.

Huh? I think UCF wanted to keep Mikey. And, was counting on him to play in the conference championship game. It was his decision to leave. That's a strange twist you throwing out there.

I will say this....

I would rather have Keene than anything at AUBURN, uat, Vandy, or Florida. That's four SEC schools. Does anyone disagree with that?

Reactions: Yaes
I think he is inferring that Plumlee was the starter for 2023 no matter what, so he would have to stay on the bench instead of collecting conference and national recognition.

Would not be surprised Keene would have been passed over for 2024 in favor of a dual threat QB.

Keene very well could have been the better QB in 2022, which is why it took so long for them to commit to Plumlee as the starter in fall camp.

Before you guys go revisionist theory let me lay down this:

He quit on UCF right when we needed him the most. He decided to reserve his redshirt and in another article he says he wish he saved his redshirt his freshman year. I wish him the best at Fresno, but it was his decision to leave, not UCF. He could have won the conference championship game against Tulane and took us into a NY6 Bowl game and potentially beat USC instead of how Tulane did. He could be playing in the Big12 games this year. Every team needs more than 1 Qb.

JRP was hurt, we needed a viable QB in the conference champ game. But had none due to his decision. Not UCF coaches.

Probably was a great decision for him to transfer out. Dunno...Don't care...

I'm pulling for the players who are currently on the team.

Go Knights!

He quit on UCF right when we needed him the most. He decided to reserve his redshirt and in another article he says he wish he saved his redshirt his freshman year. I wish him the best at Fresno, but it was his decision to leave, not UCF. He could have won the conference championship game against Tulane and took us into a NY6 Bowl game and potentially beat USC instead of how Tulane did. He could be playing in the Big12 games this year. Every team needs more than 1 Qb.

JRP was hurt, we needed a viable QB in the conference champ game. But had none due to his decision. Not UCF coaches.

Go Knights!
Look, the deal was like “Gus, I’m transferring out but I want to help the team so you can use me in any 4 games you want”…..and risking injury doing it. And Gus blew it by wasting him vs Navy in the 2nd half.

Let’s compare that to McClain, who lost the job one day and left the team the next, before the season started. And of course the starter at the community college misses half the year.

Who is the team first guy here?

I have a lot of respect for how Keene handled his departure.

Go Knights!
Look, the deal was like “Gus, I’m transferring out but I want to help the team so you can use me in any 4 games you want”…..and risking injury doing it. And Gus blew it by wasting him vs Navy in the 2nd half.

Let’s compare that to McClain, who lost the job one day and left the team the next, before the season started. And of course the starter at the community college misses half the year.

Who is the team first guy here?

I have a lot of respect for how Keene handled his departure.

We agree on this one. Both parties benefitted from the way Keene handled the situation. Gus probably waited to late too insert Keene in the Navy game, but I am still confused how Keene managed to lose.

BTW, I talked to a former Arkansas player the other day about Malik Hornsby. He said Malik "will never play quarterback." He said his only hope is play wide receiver. Of course, I had similar thoughts about Tommy C. (Still do truth be told.)

Go Knights!
I don’t fault him for putting himself first. Gus mismanage him and TC’s playing time, burning TC’s redshirt. MK did let the team down though in the biggest time of need, but MK had the right to do that.

Don't think it's a strange twist. I think Gus made it pretty clear that he didn't have a future here at UCF and no one knows why he didn't play in the championship game after he said he was going to. In my opinion there was more going on than fans will probably ever know about. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, many fans on here made it clear their opinions Mikey was a poor QB and had no future here.

Reactions: 90Knight

Go Knights!
How do you know Gus was going to even let him play? JRP is Gus's QB no matter what.

Go Knights!
He could be backing up a WR in the Big 12 this year. Which is why he is now a starter for one of the teams with an inside track to the G5 NY6 and earning player of the week acclaim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT