ADVERTISEMENT

Corrupt Ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is getting his sentence commuted.

Chuds don't know what to do. They don't want to weigh in, it's too tough to decide:

Defend Trump or attack the obviously corrupt Democrat from Illinois.

Imagine my shock to find liberals more outraged by this than Democrats secretly meeting with a designated terrorist in an effort to undermine the US Government and its' stated foreign policy.

Imagine my shock to find liberals more outraged by this than Democrats secretly meeting with a designated terrorist in an effort to undermine the US Government and its' stated foreign policy.
Please keep your lying about the facts of that meeting to the thread about your lies and not in this thread with no lies.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Those ratings aren't as good as the Apprentice.

this is a very bad move for trump.
Oh, COME ON, Wayne. Blagojevich was serving time for that out-dated thing we used to call extortion. Nowadays everybody knows that extortion by elected politicians is nothing more than a friendly 'quid-pro-quo' and is perfectly okay. So why was he serving serious time for crying out loud??!?

In this case, the ex-Illinois Governor was just caught bargaining an open Senate seat in exchange for some palm greasing. Yeah, I know, I know. Your gut-reaction is to say that this corrupt Democrat got exactly what he deserved. But your leader said Blagojevich's sentence was, quote, "ridiculous."

Oh, COME ON, Wayne. Blagojevich was serving time for that out-dated thing we used to call extortion. Nowadays everybody knows that extortion by elected politicians is nothing more than a friendly 'quid-pro-quo' and is perfectly okay. So why was he serving serious time for crying out loud??!?

In this case, the ex-Illinois Governor was just caught bargaining an open Senate seat in exchange for some palm greasing. Yeah, I know, I know. Your gut-reaction is to say that this corrupt Democrat got exactly what he deserved. But your leader said Blagojevich's sentence was, quote, "ridiculous."

His gut reaction? Seems pretty obvious that his gut reaction was to say it's a bad thing as evidenced by his post. Why do you insist on being disingenuous?

Reactions: UCFWayne
I’ve looked at all of these pardons a few minutes ago. These white collar criminals did more time than many rapists, drug dealers and murderers walking the streets. They behaved OK in prison and are no threat to society

FuKc this BS! 7 years is enough prison time. Let the guy be with his kids.

14 years is ridiculous! I don’t even remember the crap they did anymore without looking it up. You people act like he’s Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy

Last edited:

7 years. Stop playing God

I’ve looked at all of these pardons a few minutes ago. These white collar criminals did more time than many rapists, drug dealers and murderers walking the streets. They behaved OK in prison and are no threat to society

FuKc this BS! 7 years is enough prison time. Let the guy be with his kids.

14 years is ridiculous! I don’t even remember the crap they did anymore without looking it up. You people act like he’s Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy
Quid pro quo.

No, I mean that's how he went to jail. Selling Obama's senate seat.
Got it. I completely understand that he deserved jail time. That’s obvious. He was a criminal. 14 years though? 7 years is enough IMO. He was a scumbag, but I think 14 years should be reserved for violent crimes and guys like Bernie Madoff who destroyed the lives of countless people forever

Appearing on Trump's Celebrity Apprentice became a Seven-years-off-your-Sentence Card.

And Ucfmikes is right. 14 years is way too long for a harmless little quid-pro-quo. Subverting our democracy really isn't that big of deal. :rolleyes:

WTF? Disingenuous???!?

Next time try reading my post before offering an off-the-cuff reaction. I acknowledged Wayne's gut reaction.

It's almost incredible that Shookster can actually type something like this, when his entire existence on this board is based around picking sentences that he only wants to respond to from others, and then responding out of context on a tangent no one asked for.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It's almost incredible that Shookster can actually type something like this, when his entire existence on this board is based around picking sentences that he only wants to respond to from others, and then responding out of context on a tangent no one asked for.
qpi9e.jpg

Got it. I completely understand that he deserved jail time. That’s obvious. He was a criminal. 14 years though? 7 years is enough IMO. He was a scumbag, but I think 14 years should be reserved for violent crimes and guys like Bernie Madoff who destroyed the lives of countless people forever

I'd rather start lowering sentences and increasing white collar fines. Cost a lot for a year of prison.

i said it was a really bad move for trump. he should not have done that. the guy should still be in jail. he knew the guy from the tv show so at least it wasnt trump looking out for another gop guy, but a dem.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Appearing on Trump's Celebrity Apprentice became a Seven-years-off-your-Sentence Card.

And Ucfmikes is right. 14 years is way too long for a harmless little quid-pro-quo. Subverting our democracy really isn't that big of deal. :rolleyes:
7 years is a lot of jail time. He’s a criminal and he did time. He didn’t get off. Just ask someone who’s served it with a family

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT