Votes: 8 12.9%
  • TCU

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

PhDee

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2019
If we win out we're in. I've seen possible schools floating around as potential opponents (in poll).

Who would you most want to play if we make it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
Bama would be fun building up to it because of the Gus-Saban thing. But I think we would get wiped off the floor by them in the game.

Tennessee would be fun of course because of the Heup thing, but again, they are really good and would probably beat us handily too.

LSU would be fun, a rematch of the Fiesta bowl. Can’t stand Brian Kelly but I can respect the turnaround they’ve had this season.

I voted Alabama, LSU, and Penn St.. Crazy but win-win scenario for us, granted if we lose we don't get blown out too bad. I have to imagine Bama and LSU would be pissed to play us (esp Bama), and they will overlook us and probably bench half their players. LSU, I think would take it more seriously, but Bama specifically won't be motivated at all and will go in already having excuses. We capitalize on their overlooking us and boom, we're 2-0 against Bama, and this time in a NY6 game.

Those two are the riskier scenarios for me and I do want a NY6 win instead of a close loss against Bama/LSU, so again, I wouldn't mind a NY6 bowl game/win over Penn St., which looks like a winnable game for us.

The other options are a lot more meh. I'll tell you why, what's more impressive, winning against a power, BRAND-name football school (Bama, LSU, and historically Penn St.) or a good football school this season but not really a POWER HOUSE football school (Utah, Tennessee, Washington)? It's more impressive hearing "UCF won a NY6 bowl against Auburn/LSU" than "UCF won a NY6 bowl game against Baylor..." - not knocking Baylor but you want a marquee name that will be memorable 20 years from now, not "Ohhhh you won a NY6 game against....err...Tennessee (typically the bottom-feeder SEC school)...ummm...congrats, I guess."

Bama would be fun building up to it because of the Gus-Saban thing. But I think we would get wiped off the floor by them in the game.

Tennessee would be fun of course because of the Heup thing, but again, they are really good and would probably beat us handily too.

LSU would be fun, a rematch of the Fiesta bowl. Can’t stand Brian Kelly but I can respect the turnaround they’ve had this season.
Agreed. I think the SEC schools are very very good. I want to play Bama, but only if we lose, we lose by a few. I don't want to lose by 3 TDs to Bama.

Utah should be the best chance to win. But who cares about Utah

I voted Alabama, LSU, and Penn St.. Crazy but win-win scenario for us, granted if we lose we don't get blown out too bad. I have to imagine Bama and LSU would be pissed to play us (esp Bama), and they will overlook us and probably bench half their players. LSU, I think would take it more seriously, but Bama specifically won't be motivated at all and will go in already having excuses. We capitalize on their overlooking us and boom, we're 2-0 against Bama, and this time in a NY6 game.

Those two are the riskier scenarios for me and I do want a NY6 win instead of a close loss against Bama/LSU, so again, I wouldn't mind a NY6 bowl game/win over Penn St., which looks like a winnable game for us.

The other options are a lot more meh. I'll tell you why, what's more impressive, winning against a power, BRAND-name football school (Bama, LSU, and historically Penn St.) or a good football school this season but not really a POWER HOUSE football school (Utah, Tennessee, Washington)? It's more impressive hearing "UCF won a NY6 bowl against Auburn/LSU" than "UCF won a NY6 bowl game against Baylor..." - not knocking Baylor but you want a marquee name that will be memorable 20 years from now, not "Ohhhh you won a NY6 game against....err...Tennessee (typically the bottom-feeder SEC school)...ummm...congrats, I guess."
Completely with you. Only concern I have is if we get blown out against say Bama or LSU. As long as an L is close, it's a win-win.

Penn St and Washington are the safe choices giving any AAC team the best chance to win.

Utah and TCU are nobody nationally

Would rather not with the SEC teams this year, although if I had to pick it would be Tenn

The long time UCF in me says don't count your chickens until hatched . I want to show the football gods some respect here and say this is fun day dreaming but the focus needs to beat Navy ,then duh bulls ,then who ever in AAC Champ game .

I don't care who UCF plays should we make it to Dallas. I got the P5 on my mind now . We have nothing G5 to prove anymore.

Too early to tell. Too many focus on names on jerseys. I want to UCFace the most deserving team to play us.

#UCFacts

Alabama, but the excuse is already laid------ most everyone getting drafted won't play. So a depleted, 'crap' Alabama team (only considered 'crap' by others because they've lost too much, and most of the team won't play), means, I'd rather have a try for revenge v. LSU.

Reactions: PositYourself
Navy. One game at a time NOT to mention we have to beat CINN twice to get there.
You do realize you're not playing so don't actually have to do the coach-speak one game at a time? Just to ruin it for you, I'm thinking about the game in 3027, so I guess we'll lose every game till that.

Sometimes, those who aren't on the team, like to think about future games etc.

Alabama, but the excuse is already laid------ most everyone getting drafted won't play. So a depleted, 'crap' Alabama team (only considered 'crap' by others because they've lost too much, and most of the team won't play), means, I'd rather have a try for revenge v. LSU.
But their backups are 4 and 5 star guys.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
We can get caught looking ahead. Must take care of business vs Navy and SW Florida. Then we earn a shot at hosting the CCG which will also be a hard game. They are all coming for us and playing their best games against us. Look at Lville and ECU. Lets not forget. Everything is in front of us but nothing is guaranteed. JWB

The long time UCF in me says don't count your chickens until hatched . I want to show the football gods some respect here and say this is fun day dreaming but the focus needs to beat Navy ,then duh bulls ,then who ever in AAC Champ game .

This. The complaint thread about the Vegas spread for the ECU game didn’t turn out so well.

This team is nowhere near as talented as 2013, 2017, or even 2018. I want nothing to do with any of those SEC teams. Bama would destroy us and the idea of our DBs who can’t cover ECU receivers, defending against Heup’s air raid with Hooker at QB and those WRs is laughable at best.

We would be destroyed

Maaan most of you are talkin like wimps. The media said the same thing about getting destroyed vs. Baylor and Auburn. Have ya'll forgotten?

Bring on Bama!

I wonder what other's teams fans think about bowl projections when they see their team lined up against UCF. Hopefully they are as fearful to play a football game like some of our fans are. :p

• Haha
Reactions: PositYourself
Maaan most of you are talkin like wimps. The media said the same thing about getting destroyed vs. Baylor and Auburn. Have ya'll forgotten?

Bring on Bama!
I am confident when it is warranted but the AAC is in a down year and we lost to Louisville at Home. The team has improved down the stretch but there are holes on this roster that would get exposed badly vs a Tennessee or Bama

Reactions: Yaes and Knight59
I am confident when it is warranted but the AAC is in a down year and we lost to Louisville at Home. The team has improved down the stretch but there are holes on this roster that would get exposed badly vs a Tennessee or Bama
If thinking rationally, I don't think we'd beat Bama or TN. Of course that's why you play the game, because you don't know the outcome until it's played.

With that said...

I've seen our CBs all year. I'd assume Huepel would go vertical 1000xs if he played us since our CBs never look to make a play on the ball.

Same with Bama. Our pass rush is not anywhere where it needs to be in order to cause problems for Bama. Bryce Young with time is going to be rough.

I would hope I'm completely wrong and we whoop that ass...but that's my heart; not my head talking.

If thinking rationally, I don't think we'd beat Bama or TN. Of course that's why you play the game, because you don't know the outcome until it's played.

With that said...

I've seen our CBs all year. I'd assume Huepel would go vertical 1000xs if he played us since our CBs never look to make a play on the ball.

Same with Bama. Our pass rush is not anywhere where it needs to be in order to cause problems for Bama. Bryce Young with time is going to be rough.

I would hope I'm completely wrong and we whoop that ass...but that's my heart; not my head talking.
Does Young even play in a Bowl Game? CFP or nothing. He has a first round payday coming.

I would love to get Penn State as a revenge game from Ireland (DiNovo!). I would also love a TCU game as a warm-up for the future and possibly starting a rivalry out of it.

Nick Saban with a month of prep time is not who we want. LSU looks to be beatable and is probably the best brand name on that list.

It's perfectly fine for fans and followers to look ahead at potential bowls and matchups. None of our views or opinions affect the team's outcome....like, whatsoever...we aren't on the team and they drown out the noise.

Saying "Let's get by NAVY first" has zero bearing on anything. If UCF loses to Navy or usf, fans can adjust accordingly just fine.

For the Cotton bowl, I'd like Alabama, Tennessee or LSU.

This team is nowhere near as talented as 2013, 2017, or even 2018. I want nothing to do with any of those SEC teams. Bama would destroy us and the idea of our DBs who can’t cover ECU receivers, defending against Heup’s air raid with Hooker at QB and those WRs is laughable at best.

We would be destroyed
Adversity builds strength and character. Potentially these next 3 games could build on something you may not see. It may be another growth spurt. Keep believing and have faith we're in good hands.

You do realize you're not playing so don't actually have to do the coach-speak one game at a time? Just to ruin it for you, I'm thinking about the game in 3027, so I guess we'll lose every game till that.

Sometimes, those who aren't on the team, like to think about future games etc.
Bowl games are overrated these days as CFP is where the action is. Playing meaningless games doesn't excite me much these days.

Reactions: OvilleNative
That’s the problem with non playoff bowl games now. If a player is considered a draft pick and his team isn’t in the playoffs, it’s not in their best interest to play in the bowl game. So you basically have about the top 150 players in the country sitting out non playoff bowl games. Their time is much better spent preparing for the combine than preparing for a game with no meaning.

That’s the problem with non playoff bowl games now. If a player is considered a draft pick and his team isn’t in the playoffs, it’s not in their best interest to play in the bowl game. So you basically have about the top 150 players in the country sitting out non playoff bowl games. Their time is much better spent preparing for the combine than preparing for a game with no meaning.
Its usually only first 2 round guys. At most 64 guys. Take out the guys playing in meaningful games and its closer to 40. Not 150.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT