ADVERTISEMENT

Danny White on 96.9 this AM at 8:15

Here is how I came up with the per game estimate for 2018. I took the number of seats in each section of the stadium and multiplied by the total cost (ticket price + required donation) and added it all up.

The actual number could be a couple hundred thousand either direction because I had to make a number of assumptions. A few examples include...

- Not all seats were sold as season tickets. Individual game tickets were usually sold at a higher price than the per game price for tickets in that section.
- The number (or percentage) of seats in certain sections sold at a discount plan (Young Alumni or Family Plan) could be higher or lower than my guess
- Some tickets (I don't know how many) are given to players for family/friends and therefore do not generate revenue.
- I don't know for sure how much the tower suites and field cabanas cost, but an going off of what I think I remember hearing in the past.

2018 Stadium configuration & prices:

Tower Club: 951 seats x $1,750 = $1,664,250

Loge Cabana Seats: 66 x $2,000 = $132,000

Stadium Club (Purple Upper Level): 1,331 x $1,050 = $1,397,550

Stadium Club (Purple Lower Level): 456 x $1,050 = $478,000

Stadium Club (Red Upper Level): 144 x $800 = $115,200

Stadium Club (Red Lower Level): 1,414 x $800 = $1,131,200

Black & Gold Cabana (Upper Level): 1,158 x $500 = $579,000

Black & Gold Cabana (Lower Level): 1,967 x $500 = $983,500

Grey Sections: 2,888 x $350 = $1,010,800

Dark Blue Sections: 4,741 x $250 = $1,185,250

Green Sections: 1,277 x $300 = $383,100

Green Sections (Young Alumni): 1,277 x $120 = $153,240

Light Blue Sections: 6,094 x $120 = $731,280

Light Blue Sections (Young Alumni Plan): 3,046 x $99 = $301,554

Yellow Sections: 4,848 x $99 = $479,952

Yellow Sections (Family Plan): 1,600 x $74.75 = $119,600

Field Cabanas: 17 x $12,000 = $204,000

Tower Suites: 20 x $120,000 = $2,400,000

2018 Season Total: $13,449,476

Per Game Average: $1,921,353
All those numbers and you didn’t factor in how many beers @Ucfmikes and @firm_bizzle order per game

I feel like calculating revenue numbers based on the last season and upcoming season, is akin to saying UCF hasn't lost a regular season game therefore there will be zero losses every season going forward. The average game revenue is two years removed from signaficantly lower numbers.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I feel like calculating revenue numbers based on the last season and upcoming season, is akin to saying UCF hasn't lost a regular season game therefore there will be zero losses every season going forward. The average game revenue is two years removed from signaficantly lower numbers.
With season tickets soldout and a waitlist it’s more likely that prices go up than we go back to the revenue totals from 2015

Reactions: Square Knight
With season tickets soldout and a waitlist it’s more likely that prices go up than we go back to the revenue totals from 2015

Won't go down to 2015 levels, but 2016 is not out of question. And I don't believe UCF is ready to beat the strongest group in Florida, the Fairweather fan that has destroyed virtually every major sport team in the state.

Reactions: Knight Strength

The upcoming season is likely to be significantly higher than the 2018 season. Almost every year (maybe even every year) UCF has expanded premium seating options in the stadium. We are about to sell out every seat as a season ticket except the student and visitor sections. UCF isn't going back to 2014 revenue levels, and team performance would really have to be in the toilet for us to even drop back to 2017 levels.

Plus, as I mentioned, those numbers are ONLY from ticket and donation income from seats. Who knows how much money UCF gets from the couple hundred thousand dollars of concession sales each game. Oh, and you know all those ads around the stadium and on the scoreboard...Coca Cola, CentraCare, Jewitt Orthopaedic, Parking Spot, Florida Hospital, UPS, Carl Black, CFE Credit Union, etc? We don't exactly put those up for free.

so he is not even giving them the chance to say No.....

I get not wanting to budge for UF as an In State but for Alabama you take the 1 at the Citrus Bowl.
A one off game at the citrus bowl or you mean 2 in Tuscaloosa and 1 at the citrus bowl? I don’t think UCF should play 3 games away from home with out at least one at Spectrum. Will be setting up for miserable home slates for years to come. At least USF gets them in their “home” stadium even if their fans will be outnumbered.

A one off game at the citrus bowl or you mean 2 in Tuscaloosa and 1 at the citrus bowl? I don’t think UCF should play 3 games away from home with out at least one at Spectrum. Will be setting up for miserable home slates for years to come. At least USF gets them in their “home” stadium even if their fans will be outnumbered.
2 in Tuscaloosa and 1 at the Citrus Bowl. Alabama is the Brand of College Football this past Decade(Clemson 1A), they can make that demand. UCF could be Power 5 right now and they still could make that demand

I understand not wanting to do it with in State Programs like UF

also people are now digging into our financials to see if the argument is in bad faith.

anyone have a link that proves UCF is actually making more than 1 mil a home game after expenses? I saw 2 links out there Nicholson and Orlando Sentinel that had it less than that and that we are using the Peach Bowl check to boost the average which could be misleading. Programs like Bama can pay out $1 Mil in a 1 and Done.
Heres a link to their financials for 2017 season.

https://admfin.ucf.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/FY18-Financial-Statements-Stadium-Corp.pdf

Ticket sales $3,678,481
Premium seating $1,938,405
Naming rights $960,490
Commissions $511,987
Sponsorships $234,000

Approx $1.2 mil per game. 2018 I believe will be higher.

2 in Tuscaloosa and 1 at the Citrus Bowl. Alabama is the Brand of College Football this past Decade(Clemson 1A), they can make that demand. UCF could be Power 5 right now and they still could make that demand

I understand not wanting to do it with in State Programs like UF
Why not just play 1 buy game at Alabama if you aren’t even getting a home game? Danny isn’t going to tie up 3 non conference scheduling spots without at least 1 at home. Unless you like playing 5 home games in a season or 2 FCS which USF will eventually have to do.

Why not just play 1 buy game at Alabama if you aren’t even getting a home game? Danny isn’t going to tie up 3 non conference scheduling spots without at least 1 at home. Unless you like playing 5 home games in a season or 2 FCS which USF will eventually have to do.
I'm just saying the Citrus Bowl should not be taken off the table as an option vs Programs like Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, & USC. No one is talking about 5 home dates, it's going to be 7 Home Dates at Spectrum most years with 'maybe' 1 CB-6 Spectrum games every 3 or 4 years...Taking that facility off the table obviously has hurt behind the scenes where DW won't even pick up the phone or vice versa..

You guys are acting like 1 game at the Citrus Bowl is fanbase apocalypse. Many upperclassmen and Young Alumni live Downtown along with the Downtown Campus coming soon.

Heres a link to their financials for 2017 season.

https://admfin.ucf.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/FY18-Financial-Statements-Stadium-Corp.pdf

Ticket sales $3,678,481
Premium seating $1,938,405
Naming rights $960,490
Commissions $511,987
Sponsorships $234,000

Approx $1.2 mil per game. 2018 I believe will be higher.

1. The Premium Seating listed in the report is only for Tower Suites.
2. The Ticket Sales number listed does not include the mandatory contribution required to purchase season tickets in most sections of the stadium.

Bottom line there is no way UCF nets a profit at Spectrum almost equal to Florida State Home Games at Doak which has more suites and 30K+ more seats.

And the main point was the response that playing 1 OOC game at the Citrus Bowl vs a Big Brand is being spun that UCF would lose millions and that it's too much a cost to consider which has proven not true if you see all the payout numbers for these Sponsored games put on at the Citrus Bowl and Atlanta. The most likely numbers even with the most positive projections at Spectrum would be either close to equal or even UCF making more money to play 1 game there.

Also take into account that games like that are either on Labor Day weekend or the following weekend, a lot of students that live On Campus go out of town that weekend anyway(one of the reasons I think they always schedule the opener on Thursday regardless of T.V.). Dan Wolken is correct that UCF is in a perfect window to seek these games, a window that may not always be open if the Program reverts back to 8-9 win seasons.

No one ever said that UCF's NET profit was almost equal to FSU's.

There is a big difference between playing an OOC game at the Citrus Bowl and playing a Neutral Site game at the Citrus Bowl (or anywhere else). UCF is actually trying to schedule a neutral site game, and has received some interest from networks and venues. But no team has agreed to play UCF in a neutral site game.

I'm just saying the Citrus Bowl should not be taken off the table as an option vs Programs like Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, & USC. No one is talking about 5 home dates, it's going to be 7 Home Dates at Spectrum most years with 'maybe' 1 CB-6 Spectrum games every 3 or 4 years...Taking that facility off the table obviously has hurt behind the scenes where DW won't even pick up the phone or vice versa..

You guys are acting like 1 game at the Citrus Bowl is fanbase apocalypse. Many upperclassmen and Young Alumni live Downtown along with the Downtown Campus coming soon.

It hasn’t been off the table. It had been treated as a neutral game. You don’t do 2 away for neutral.

You do a solo neutral as a KO game only to try to leverage TV and sponsor money. However, part of that payout is ticket guarantees like a bowl game. Are 30,000 fans going to shell out $150 for a single game on top of their season tickets? And only buy through UCF so UCF doesn’t lose money?

(KO games don’t just hand teams $4M+ and cross their fingers that fans fill the stadium. Strings.)

That is the best case. Say there is a magic scenario of 2 for neutral where it is not a KO type sponsored game but a shifted “home” venue. It would either be another separate purchase (likely lower price and maybe no guarantee) or UCF would have to dedicate one home game of revenue (or more maybe) to pay FCS to get some lesser # of tickets than 45,000 to distribute. How do you distribute to fans? No free students? No students at all? Lottery for seats? Priorty points? Only your # of seats? Someone on the 50 yd line at Spectrum ends up on the 10 or in the EZ to leave the sideline for FCS to sell so UCF fronts less $? Sounds like a mess and a good way to piss off your loyal fans.

For what? To please some talking heads that will never think you are good enough? C’mon. Even if you win the just say...”good win but they don’t play 8/9 P5 like the P5s”...at most 4. Still in the outside looking in. But now with pissed off fans....or worse disengaged & disinterested fans.

For what? To please some talking heads that will never think you are good enough? C’mon. Even if you win the just say...”good win but they don’t play 8/9 P5 like the P5s”...at most 4. Still in the outside looking in. But now with pissed off fans....or worse disengaged & disinterested fans.
bc big time OOC games in the regular season are exciting for fans. You really think fans are going to be excited for FIU? Some of the best road trips in College Football are opportunities to go to places with real gameday atmospheres like Colombus, Tuscaloosa, or Austin . The AAC Conference games for the most part don't provide that. It's Memphis and occasionally Houston & that's it outside our rivalry with USF when it comes to the Regular Season. Ask any UCF fan that went to Ohio State Bortles first year starting and compare that to going to FIU. The current stance is essentially eliminating the chance of those type of experiences bc those deals are off the table.

It hasn’t been off the table. It had been treated as a neutral game. You don’t do 2 away for neutral.

You do a solo neutral as a KO game only to try to leverage TV and sponsor money. However, part of that payout is ticket guarantees like a bowl game. Are 30,000 fans going to shell out $150 for a single game on top of their season tickets? And only buy through UCF so UCF doesn’t lose money?

(KO games don’t just hand teams $4M+ and cross their fingers that fans fill the stadium. Strings.)

That is the best case. Say there is a magic scenario of 2 for neutral where it is not a KO type sponsored game but a shifted “home” venue. It would either be another separate purchase (likely lower price and maybe no guarantee) or UCF would have to dedicate one home game of revenue (or more maybe) to pay FCS to get some lesser # of tickets than 45,000 to distribute. How do you distribute to fans? No free students? No students at all? Lottery for seats? Priorty points? Only your # of seats? Someone on the 50 yd line at Spectrum ends up on the 10 or in the EZ to leave the sideline for FCS to sell so UCF fronts less $? Sounds like a mess and a good way to piss off your loyal fans.

Agreed, we are not doing a 2 for neutral site with anyone

Additionally, we probably don’t have to worry about being OK doing that with only Clemson or Alabama, because they aren’t doing that series with a “G5”’UCF anyway

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
bc big time OOC games in the regular season are exciting for fans. You really think fans are going to be excited for FIU? Some of the best road trips in College Football are opportunities to go to places with real gameday atmospheres like Colombus, Tuscaloosa, or Austin . The AAC Conference games for the most part don't provide that. It's Memphis and occasionally Houston & that's it outside our rivalry with USF when it comes to the Regular Season. Ask any UCF fan that went to Ohio State Bortles first year starting and compare that to going to FIU. The current stance is essentially eliminating the chance of those type of experiences bc those deals are off the table.
I’m definitely Ok doing then occasional 1 and done for 1.5 million like at a Michigan or Ohio State like the old days. Might be an easier path

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Unless we do a 1 and done, DW’s scheduling philosophy will eliminate our fun history of going to Penn State, UF, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, South Carolina, Texas, Missouri, etc. all of those in the past 15 years. Most much more recently

Not criticizing DW but, just something to think about

It would be offset by the FCS game, but would eliminate 7 home games.

Last edited:
Reactions: OvilleNative
Bottom Line you ask?
DW knows what he is doing.
F the Noise
JWB
CHARGE ON
People are throwing out scenarios of 2-for-1s and neutral site games. The fact is, no one is offering those games, especially not anyone we'd be willing to make those deals with. They'd all rather just schedule Tulsa or USF and call it the same as UCF

Reactions: Square Knight
Unless we do a 1 and done, DW’s scheduling philosophy will eliminate our fun history of going to Penn State, UF, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, South Carolina, Texas, Missouri, etc. all of those in the past 15 years. Most much more recently

Not criticizing DW but, just something to think about

It would be offset by the FCS game, but would eliminate 7 home games.

S Carolina and Missouri were HOME & HOME games. Nothing preventing us from scheduling them again...except the fact that they don't seem to want to (or maybe our future available dates don't line up).

S Carolina and Missouri were HOME & HOME games. Nothing preventing us from scheduling them again...except the fact that they don't seem to want to (or maybe our future available dates don't line up).
You nailed it. I doubt they want to anymore

Also, I think Spurrier may have been cool with it. Him and GOL were cordial as well

Reactions: Knight Strength
I agree with Knight Strength here. You have these newer fans that expect the world and haven't seen the struggle the program has gone through. It's not like we haven't paid our dues, just happens the dues have been paid recently and not 100 years ago like some of these fossil programs.

This isn't MTV, patience my young grasshoppers.

UCF couldn't even sell out most of the back half of an undefeated season in 2017

I think you are really overestimating the loyalty of our fanbase if we are not undefeated

College football fans like their bluebloods, but they also like flashy, high-octane winners like the Oregon Ducks used to be. If UCF becomes a 'flash in the pan,' then I would agree with you, PK. But if Huepel can develop a consistent winner (10 or more wins a season), the fan base will grow and the program will continue to get stronger.

The truth is that there are fair-weather fans EVERYWHERE, not just Florida. It may feel more pronounced in the Sunshine State because the Big Three (UF, FSU, Miami) have been horribly up-and-down in recent years. One of the reasons why Nebraska is well-known for its fan base is because after Bob Devaney arrived in 1962, the program had 40 straight winning seasons. That's A LOT of fanbase building!

IMHO, the bar for UCF is not 'undefeated season or bust' but simply continuing to win on a consistent basis with a high-flying style of offense that garners some national attention.

not liking the FIU series is not delusional, there are reasons to be against it for reasons other than them being CUSA.
I agree FIU is boring. Not saying people who don't want to play FIU are delusional and definitely not talking about you.

I'd say fans who want to accept 2for1s but also want us to be treated like a top 25 program by other programs and the media are delusional.

The one thing I took from this interview...

He did mention early in the interview that there are a) a couple scheduling agreements on tap that "he's looking forward to announcing", but then as the interview went on he b) progressively sounded more and more deflated that he's had so much difficulty finding teams to play (on his terms).

He did all but confirm what Brandon tweeted a couple of days ago, an FCS team will be the fourth OOC game in '20 (sticking to the 2 P5, 1 non-P5, 1 FCS plan).

But I'm still wondering, which one is it? Are you set to announce a couple future agreements (like he prefaced earlier in the interview), or are you still struggling to find P5 partners?

Why not keep UConn on the schedule? They need games badly, probably more than we do.

Here is how I came up with the per game estimate for 2018. I took the number of seats in each section of the stadium and multiplied by the total cost (ticket price + required donation) and added it all up.

The actual number could be a couple hundred thousand either direction because I had to make a number of assumptions. A few examples include...

- Not all seats were sold as season tickets. Individual game tickets were usually sold at a higher price than the per game price for tickets in that section.
- The number (or percentage) of seats in certain sections sold at a discount plan (Young Alumni or Family Plan) could be higher or lower than my guess
- Some tickets (I don't know how many) are given to players for family/friends and therefore do not generate revenue.
- I don't know for sure how much the tower suites and field cabanas cost, but an going off of what I think I remember hearing in the past.

2018 Stadium configuration & prices:

Tower Club: 951 seats x $1,750 = $1,664,250

Loge Cabana Seats: 66 x $2,000 = $132,000

Stadium Club (Purple Upper Level): 1,331 x $1,050 = $1,397,550

Stadium Club (Purple Lower Level): 456 x $1,050 = $478,000

Stadium Club (Red Upper Level): 144 x $800 = $115,200

Stadium Club (Red Lower Level): 1,414 x $800 = $1,131,200

Black & Gold Cabana (Upper Level): 1,158 x $500 = $579,000

Black & Gold Cabana (Lower Level): 1,967 x $500 = $983,500

Grey Sections: 2,888 x $350 = $1,010,800

Dark Blue Sections: 4,741 x $250 = $1,185,250

Green Sections: 1,277 x $300 = $383,100

Green Sections (Young Alumni): 1,277 x $120 = $153,240

Light Blue Sections: 6,094 x $120 = $731,280

Light Blue Sections (Young Alumni Plan): 3,046 x $99 = $301,554

Yellow Sections: 4,848 x $99 = $479,952

Yellow Sections (Family Plan): 1,600 x $74.75 = $119,600

Field Cabanas: 17 x $12,000 = $204,000

Tower Suites: 20 x $120,000 = $2,400,000

2018 Season Total: $13,449,476

Per Game Average: $1,921,353

I thought the field cabanas were $26,000

A calculator (or spreadsheet like I created) is all you need to calculate approximately what revenue UCF
Generates from a home game.

The calculation I did for 2018 came to around $2 million per game...NOT including whatever percentage UCF Athletics receives from concession revenue.

I know the Mikesicans spent at least $1M on beer last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT