ADVERTISEMENT

Danny White Under Armor AD of the year?

Ha! I can only tell so much of this story because I don't want it to get out, but last week I had a chance encounter with an A.D. of a Big 12 school. I asked him about how his team looks next year and we talked for a little bit. I then told him that he needs to help us get UCF in the Big 12. He then replied that we need to get our A.D. under control. He thinks Danny White is hurting the brand. I told him that UCF fans love him.

He backtracked a little because I think he realized what he said was harsh and he said the White family are good people. We continued to talk and I just got the feeling that he believes UCF needs to know its place. It is going to be a long road out of this conference.

This is not HH making up stuff. It really happened. If I gave too many details it could affect my job, because I know he would remember me. He is one of the more powerful ADs in the conference. Nice guy overall, though.

Ha! I can only tell so much of this story because I don't want it to get out, but last week I had a chance encounter with an A.D. of a Big 12 school. I asked him about how his team looks next year and we talked for a little bit. I then told him that he needs to help us get UCF in the Big 12. He then replied that we need to get our A.D. under control. He thinks Danny White is hurting the brand. I told him that UCF fans love him.

He backtracked a little because I think he realized what he said was harsh and he said the White family are good people. We continued to talk and I just got the feeling that he believes UCF needs to know its place. It is going to be a long road out of this conference.

This is not HH making up stuff. It really happened. If I gave too many details it could affect my job, because I know he would remember me. He is one of the more powerful ADs in the conference. Nice guy overall, though.
That is interesting. Maybe he should tell Iowa State to know their role. You know, since they have only won 9 games once in the entire history of their football program.

I could care less what this clown has to say. He wasn’t going to vote UCF into the Big 12 whether we rock the boat or stay in our place as he liked to say. If staying in ones place is all you have to do why the hell hasnt UConn or Cincinnati got an invite. And the poor bulls, tney definitely know about staying In place like a good little boy. Just because UCF stands up like a man and we don’t let other fan bases or the media talk down to us we are somehow the problem.

I would rather be hated and not liked than to be an after thought. I’ll say this again, UCF deservedly claiming a share tbe National Championship won’t keep us out of a Major conference. What will matter is are we a winning athletics program, were we able to increase our athletic budget to the level of many of your mid-tier major conference programs without the big TV revenue money. When Louisville was added to the ACC they had athletic revenues already of almost $90 per year. We need to do something similar if we want to stand out from the rest of the crowd. And last our endowment is not good. That will hurt us but that will just take time. Our alumni has to get older and be a positron to give more and estates left
to the University.

Anyway, excited for this season!

Even though they might hate us, if the Big 12 was expanding I guarantee we'd be the first school they called. They can hate us all they want. In this case, hate is an indication of our success.

It will definitely be a long road out of this conference. We are more likely to see a "P5" conference implosion than we are to see ourselves get invited to one. This is why I believe we should continue to invest in the AAC and reminds me of a big flaw I see with usf fans mentality of getting out of this conference.

1 TV deals and "Power" status is up in the air in a few years. This may mean a couple of schools get an invite but it's more likely there is a significant decrease in the number of "P5" teams.
2 The AAC is the "next up" power conference and is in a position to bring in former Big12 teams.
3 usf hasn't won enough to get an invite anyway so why do they keep talking about this? It's like going on and on about landing a supermodel for a girlfriend. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN FOR YOUR UGLY, BROKE A**!
4 If usf ever does get an invite, they'll just big east it up and end up in a G4 conference a year or two later anyway.

In life, you eventually worry less and less about what others think and trying to please or join them. This is where UCF is at. We have strong leadership in DW, we're winning, and we're happy. There's always going to be new goals and things to strive for but we are in a good place and have things to look forward to. I feel really good with DW and the AAC at this time. Can't wait to see the current model for TV

I think we can all translate "hurting the brand" into "how dare someone bring attention to the sweet money deal we had and a system that was rigged in our favor all along."

I can believe someone would say this. It is the old school way and it is important for the P5 to keep the G5 in its place. UCF making waves shakes the entire foundation. In the end it is all about money. If UCF brings the most money they will be the next addition.

Truth be told I am not holding my breath about inclusion in any P5 conference. IF we can't be in, then we might as well be as obnoxious and have as much fun poking at them as we can. It is a rallying cry for our fanbase that desperately was seeking an identity. Now we have one, and you either hate us or love us. There is no in-between.

Nope. Just keep winning hardware. It will all take care If itself. We already have strength in numbers: Alumni and TV market, along with one of the three most fertile recruiting areas in the country.

They currently just don't want to leave any room at the money trough.

Sometimes I wonder if we would see things differently if UCF were to ever join a P5. Being on the other side would we still think the same way we do now.

Sometimes I wonder if we would see things differently if UCF were to ever join a P5. Being on the other side would we still think the same way we do now.

Many on this board were not in favor of scheduling 1-1 with Boise State as they viewed it the same way P5 teams viewed scheduling UCF.

I’m all for a 1 and 1 with Boise. They have solidified themselves as a great program. I’d prefer it to playing a crap p5 team.

Reactions: ahabmw
It’s not a 1 and 1 with FSU. That’s where everyone got confused

No this was back when it was announced that USF signed a 1-1 with Boise St. Statements were made that they favored playing FIU or FAU vs Boise St. I would venture to guess that would not have been the case prior to 2017.

No this was back when it was announced that USF signed a 1-1 with Boise St. Statements were made that they favored playing FIU or FAU vs Boise St. I would venture to guess that would not have been the case prior to 2017.
I still think Boise would be a good opponent.

The AAC should have an agreement with the MWC to have every team in each conference play each other every year. This would give both conferences 1 ooc game each year and help scheduling.

The AAC should have an agreement with the MWC to have every team in each conference play each other every year. This would give both conferences 1 ooc game each year and help scheduling.

Traveling that far west can take a serious toll on our guys. I wouldn't want to make that a long term thing.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I don't think the mentality would be any different than the average P5 fanbase. No issue with expanding playoff and including a G5 team, because it means 3 more P5 teams get in. If UCF is in the ACC with only loss is to Clemson, and they are the #1 team in the nation, I don't see anyone encouraging Fresno State to take the 4th spot because they went undefeated with a marquee win being Boise State. Nor do I see if they were in a P5 conference, and a few years down the road have a vote on whether to sacrifice $10 Million/year in revenue by including more teams. Or scheduling 1-1 with G5 teams, when they can have 3 OOC home games every year, and more opportunities for neutral games with P5 opponents.

So Boise does not have a 1 and 1 with FSU? That was talked about multiple times last week. I’m confused
I think the person was trying to point out it’s not a true home-and-home, but let’s be honest and real, FSU is getting a guarantee of more money by playing it in Jacksonville and that is why the game is there. It definitely wasn’t to avoid playing them at home. That said, if Boise St wins then they will certainly pull out the “it wasn’t a true one game” pity card and try to play it off on that angle.

I'm concerned that there may be some athletes that think the little lady on the swan ahead of them is a stripper. I hope this concern remains unfounded.

Some female athletes have said they won'tgo to recovery cove. They said they can't even walk around the dorms without getting cat called. Hope this changes.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
So is a pool and a gym. Just because you have it doesn’t mean everyone uses it at same time. If it’s only athletes it will be unused a lot.

And the athletes are very happy about that!

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT