ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

“But if you're going to do this in your stadium, it would probably be a good idea to make sure your stadium's grass doesn't look like the municipal golf course in a bad part of town.”

😂

Damn, what a horrible look…..I had no idea they ever let Pro stadium fields look like that. Are we sure that isn’t a police impound lot? Think I see a boot on one of those wheels.

I would be soooo embarrassed being an alumni of that institution of lower learning.

I tell you, burying them for the past decade sure has been fun

Damn...it must really suck being a usif fan these days. Instead of coordinating your OVs during Renta-Ride Weekend...they should have went big-time with red carpet and timed it around Monster Jam. Don't forget the the cotton candy and Grave Digger mask.

• Haha
Reactions: Poolside Knight
Damn, what a horrible look…..I had no idea they ever let Pro stadium fields look like that. Are we sure that isn’t a police impound lot? Think I see a boot on one of those wheels.

I would be soooo embarrassed being an alumni of that institution of lower learning.

I tell you, burying them for the past decade sure has been fun
think they usually have a Monster Jam truck 🛻 event around February and if they don’t have any events scheduled after(like soccer friendlies) they probably stop the upkeep of the field

was by their campus a couple of months ago and it still looks so bland. That mall or former mall right by their campus is a massive eye sore and that stretch on Fowler Ave from the 75 exit to their campus looks stuck in time

Reactions: Knight59
They are telling the recruits WHAT?! Hahahaha oh man straight lying to these kids.

“I chose USF because I really love the coaching staff, and I know Coach Golesh and Coach [Micah] James will be able to develop me and help me perform to the best of my abilities,” Garnett told On3 before announcing his decision. “I also love the direction the program is going in with them building all brand new facilities, new stadium and going into a new power conference, I feel like it’s a great set up for me to be successful.”

• Haha
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
They are telling the recruits WHAT?! Hahahaha oh man straight lying to these kids.

“I chose USF because I really love the coaching staff, and I know Coach Golesh and Coach [Micah] James will be able to develop me and help me perform to the best of my abilities,” Garnett told On3 before announcing his decision. “I also love the direction the program is going in with them building all brand new facilities, new stadium and going into a new power conference, I feel like it’s a great set up for me to be successful.”

To be fair we did the same thing before getting the B12 invite... many times

Every G5 coach is hoping for P5 invite and telling kids it’s happening. I’m sure a few of them will get it. Not all obviously but it’s the only thing you can say. It’s at least 2 years away though so I doubt it works on most kids that want to play in P4.

the latest developments with FSU are not good for them.
4 or more teams need to leave for them to have to add G5s (none of which move the needle in any way). And 4 or more teams leaving makes it a G6 conference.

Honestly, the best move for the ACC is to work with ESPN to drop to 12 (they currently have to be at 15) and give fsu/Clemson the lions share of the teams dropped (assume BC, Syr, and WF).

4 or more teams need to leave for them to have to add G5s (none of which move the needle in any way). And 4 or more teams leaving makes it a G6 conference.

Honestly, the best move for the ACC is to work with ESPN to drop to 12 (they currently have to be at 15) and give fsu/Clemson the lions share of the teams dropped (assume BC, Syr, and WF).
How exactly do conferences legally drop universities from their memberships? I’d assume the legalities associated with this would be inevitable and costly.

How exactly do conferences legally drop universities from their memberships? I’d assume the legalities associated with this would be inevitable and costly.
It has happened in the past 20 years or so. I know the B12 had an option to cut us loose (don’t know if it expired yet).

At the very least, the ACC has that rule where 8 teams can disband the conference. They could do that and immediately re-form without the dead weight.

And there has been discussions at the mountain west about dropping off low performing schools to add WSU/OSU.

So legally it seems to be an option

Big East kicked out Temple back in 2001 with a vote.
Temple had been sucking off the neeps and collecting a paycheck for many years with nothing to show for it. I predict the play for performance model will be strongly used in the future and the dead-weight in the power conferences will soon disappear. If the motive is all about capitalizing and attracting the most lucrative ROI, there is no way Vandy getting the same payout based on athletic performance as 'Bama will continue to survive. Things will soon change as we move to a P2 or P3. That said, I see no reason why the SEC wouldn't kick out the low-hanging fruit and bring in FSU or Clemson once the timing was right. If you're Rutgers, Nebraska, Maryland and other under-performers in the big leagues...you're not safe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT