ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis is making a huge mistake.

Really? What a huge miscalculation going up against Disney. He's going to lose and look silly doing it.
The Republicans are jumping on this, demonizing DeSantis, but in the end, I don't think the courts are going to back Disney. I really don't see a non-state entity being able to do what it has done. I don't see the 'loophole' Disney is allegedly using, legally.

As always ... we'll see once the courts weigh in. So far, in what I've read, it doesn't look good for Disney, and it's just 'grandstanding' by Disney at this point.

I haven't bet against DeSantis ever since he was demonized for being allegedly anti-vax for hedging the state's bets on monocolonial antibody treatments, and then demonized for 'not sharing' when it turned out that vaccines weren't doing much to reduce infections with Delta, and DeSantis controlled nearly 80% of the supply.

That's still one thing the US Media hasn't admitted, but DeSantis looked like a fortune teller on.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
The Republicans are jumping on this, demonizing DeSantis, but in the end, I don't think the courts are going to back Disney. I really don't see a non-state entity being able to do what it has done. I don't see the 'loophole' Disney is allegedly using, legally.

As always ... we'll see once the courts weigh in. So far, in what I've read, it doesn't look good for Disney, and it's just 'grandstanding' by Disney at this point.

I haven't bet against DeSantis ever since he was demonized for being allegedly anti-vax for hedging the state's bets on monocolonial antibody treatments, and then demonized for 'not sharing' when it turned out that vaccines weren't doing much to reduce infections with Delta, and DeSantis controlled nearly 80% of the supply.

That's still one thing the US Media hasn't admitted, but DeSantis looked like a fortune teller on.
I have read the exact opposite, that Disney will likely win easily, and I highly doubt they would have filed suit if they didn't think they would win.

Are you a registered Democrat, Republican, or Independent?
No Party Affiliation (NPA), aka No Party (NoP) since 1991.

There are now no less than three (3) rulings.
“Plaintiffs have not directed this Court to any fact that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the law prohibits students from discussing their families and vacations at school or even on a school assignment, or that it would prohibit a parent from attending a school function in a ‘pride’ t-shirt or generally discussing their family structure in front of other people”

Regardless of what some GOP people are now saying, even though DeSantis says that's not the case, judges have been throwing out any challenge that says students or teachers are restricted, even K-3 ... because they're not, legally. There is no legal term. It's only the state and cirriculum.

So now it's become grandstanding, completely devoid of logic. Even publishers are being directed to over-react. It's like watching a bunch of children on both the left and right that is, basically, a student and parent rights law.

No Party Affiliation (NPA), aka No Party (NoP) since 1991.

There are now no less than three (3) rulings.
“Plaintiffs have not directed this Court to any fact that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the law prohibits students from discussing their families and vacations at school or even on a school assignment, or that it would prohibit a parent from attending a school function in a ‘pride’ t-shirt or generally discussing their family structure in front of other people”

Regardless of what some GOP people are now saying, even though DeSantis says that's not the case, judges have been throwing out any challenge that says students or teachers are restricted, even K-3 ... because they're not, legally. There is no legal term. It's only the state and cirriculum.

So now it's become grandstanding, completely devoid of logic. Even publishers are being directed to over-react. It's like watching a bunch of children on both the left and right that is, basically, a student and parent rights law.
Thanks. Thought this topic was Disney's lawsuit w/r to Reedy Creek, and the FL Government intervention & alleged retaliation against a business entity, etc.

Thanks. Thought this topic was Disney's lawsuit w/r to Reedy Creek, and the FL Government intervention & alleged retaliation against a business entity, etc.
It was, however, UCFBS is about as aware as a comatose hobo. Surprised he didn't work in Hillary, big pharma, mass media, and lockdowns into his post.

Forgive him--he's a little slow.

giphy.gif

This is where it started. Ironically Disney employees aren't stupid enough to sue the state with an argument regarding terms that don't exist. But this is why Disney spoke out. And it's just dumbfounding.

Disney's CEO repeated the same terms that don't exist on national TV. I heard that was the 'trigger.'

This is where it started. Ironically Disney employees aren't stupid enough to sue the state with an argument regarding terms that don't exist. But this is why Disney spoke out. And it's just dumbfounding.

Disney's CEO repeated the same terms that don't exist on national TV. I heard that was the 'trigger.'
Disney employees didn't sue, Disney execs probably at the behest of shareholders sued.

A business needs to think long and hard about investing in FL. That is the take away. You say one thing our "state" does not like, and they will turn into a year long crusade to punish you. I hate disney, always has. Not interested in paying a fortune to stand in line. But this is some petty government overreach. Way way overreached. Only people that support this are caught up in some emotional love boy type shit.

A business needs to think long and hard about investing in FL. That is the take away. You say one thing our "state" does not like, and they will turn into a year long crusade to punish you. I hate disney, always has. Not interested in paying a fortune to stand in line. But this is some petty government overreach. Way way overreached. Only people that support this are caught up in some emotional love boy type shit.
Iger is already suggesting that Disney will likely not invest more into Florida if this stands, and I don't blame him.

That's why I don't like this. Disney was wrong, and even committed slander on national TV, and has lead a grossly false narrative. But regardless of the legal end, even if the state of Florida wins any and all legal action (and I see them winning most, and Disney getting exposed) ... this is going to scare major investors away.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
That's why I don't like this. Disney was wrong, and even committed slander on national TV, and has lead a grossly false narrative.
Disney was wrong and committed slander??!? WTF are you blathering on about??!?

The DeSantis Administation is 'pro-business'....unless you DARE to publicly state that...gasp!!!...everybody should be treated equally and with dignity and respect.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Disney was wrong and committed slander??!? WTF are you blathering on about??!?

The DeSantis Administation is 'pro-business'....unless you DARE to publicly state that...gasp!!!...everybody should be treated equally and with dignity and respect.
This is why you're a ****ing @$$hole. You cut out the entire logic so my statement reads differently ... and you do this intentionally, purposely!

Do not ****ing respond to be ever again! Seriously!
I've been ignoring you for a reason.

You literally are not capable of being remotely considerate in this regard, and actually capture my full point ... and you've done this hundreds of times! It's not ****ing 3rd grade any more.

This is why you're a ****ing @$$hole. You cut out the entire logic so my statement reads differently ... and you do this intentionally, purposely!

You literally are not capable of being remotely considerate in this regard, and actually capture my full point ... and you've done this hundreds of times! It's not ****ing 3rd grade any more.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO BLOW THAT MOTHER FUKCER'S FUKCING BRAINS OUT, MOTHER FUKCER!!!!!!!!

And then after you do that, go eat a BURRITO!!!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ucfmikes

I'm guessing 'be' should've been 'me'
I can tell.
You literally are not capable of being remotely considerate in this regard, and actually capture my full point ...
Your 'full point' is always two pages long

Desantis is going to announce his candidacy tomorrow on Twitter spaces, for some reason.

So the twitter announcement is just audio? Why isn't he making the announcement with supporters around him to cheer and stuff? Seems like it is going to be a pretty weak announcement.

So the twitter announcement is just audio? Why isn't he making the announcement with supporters around him to cheer and stuff? Seems like it is going to be a pretty weak announcement.
Yep, pretty strange if you ask me.

But keep in mind I was laughing out loud at Donald's magestic decent down a golden escalator at Trump Towers back in 2015.

Yep, pretty strange if you ask me.

But keep in mind I was laughing out loud at Donald's magestic decent down a golden escalator at Trump Towers back in 2015.
I was too, but honestly, it worked and it's something people remember. An audio only twitter announcement seems like it will be pretty forgettable

#Desaster is trending on Twitter after the announcement, in case anyone is wondering how it went.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT