ADVERTISEMENT

Did Frost kick Willies ass??

Found an interesting article, I'll quote the relevant parts :D

This game is going to get so much better in the future!

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...lie-taggart-south-florida-football-head-coach

“Scott told me after the game he respected our team, but he’d remember that last touchdown,” Taggart said. “I told him, ‘Me too. I’ll remember it.’”
Taggart was held back by assistants while arguing with a Golden Knights assistant upset about Johnson’s touchdown.

“They’re a good team, probably going to be a great team, but we’re fighting right now. We’re fighting to be recognized. We’re fighting to be ranked. We’re fighting for the attention these players deserve,” Taggart said after the game.
“Our motto is, if you try to score on us, we’ll score on you. If you punt, we’ll take a knee.”

“They’re a good team, probably going to be a great team, but we’re fighting right now. We’re fighting to be recognized. We’re fighting to be ranked. We’re fighting for the attention these players deserve,” Taggart said after the game.
Congrats on being recognized as assholes.

Congrats on being recognized as assholes.

I really enjoy this site, no one has given me a hard time for going to USF, so please don't take this the wrong way; but you are being a little dramatic :). We weren't throwing or running trick plays, they were runs. You guys could have easily punted if player safety was a concern with the game already decided.

I really enjoy this site, no one has given me a hard time for going to USF, so please don't take this the wrong way; but you are being a little dramatic :). We weren't throwing or running trick plays, they were runs. You guys could have easily punted if player safety was a concern with the game already decided.

The game was already decided down 10 with possession and time on the clock? Just so I have a baseline, you've seen a football game, you know how possessions and scoring work?

I have seen a few :D I think I know how scoring works, I thought that is what we were arguing about. You gave us the ball on the 8 yard line with 1:44 left, I am pretty sure UCF would not have taken the knee in this rivalry game if they were in the same position.

Found an interesting article, I'll quote the relevant parts :D

This game is going to get so much better in the future!

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...lie-taggart-south-florida-football-head-coach
Let the rivalry begin!! Frost better stay to give us the opportunity for revenge. It's been a rare day when both teams have been good. Both coaches will be around in 2017 and both teams should be a little more equal. Should be the war it was supposed to meant to be in 2017 and beyond.

Let the rivalry begin!! Frost better stay to give us the opportunity for revenge. It's been a rare day when both teams have been good. Both coaches will be around in 2017 and both teams should be a little more equal. Should be the war it was supposed to meant to be in 2017 and beyond.

YES!!!

I have seen a few :D I think I know how scoring works, I thought that is what we were arguing about. You gave us the ball on the 8 yard line with 1:44 left, I am pretty sure UCF would not have taken the knee in this rivalry game if they were in the same position.
Honestly though, the ECU scoring was blatantly uncalled for. Saturday wasn't that bad. Yes, we would have done the same thing most likely

Honestly though, the ECU scoring was blatantly uncalled for. Saturday wasn't that bad. Yes, we would have done the same thing most likely

I agree with that, that one left me shaking my head. Looked even worse since we didn't even score.

Its not a big deal. It adds the fun to the rivalry. I play Xbox the same way. :smiley:

As do I, I always try to score when in the redzone to preserve my stats :D.

I watched the game vs ECU.. it was much worst.

Frost told him he'll remember. I think next year will be a heck of a game.

**As a side note. I appreciate Frost buying into the rivalry. He gives a lot of coach speak but acknowledged after the game he'll look forward to this game in the future. So thanks Willie, now Frost wants this game as bad as you do :)

I am sure UCF would have done the same thing.
When UCF won in 2014 they ended the game with a knee. The fact is USF wouldn't have even had to take a knee in this situation. The clock was running and would have run out. At any rate it doesn't matter. The world can see what Willie did and form their own opinion of him. Obviously UCF and USF fans will feel differently.

You missed the point. The game wasn't "decided" until UCF turned the ball over on 4th down at which point it was decided as UCF didn't have the time nor timeouts to stop the clock to be able to score twice. The only chance UCF had at that point was forcing a fumble from the USF running backs.

Guys, put your big boy pants on. It's a rivalry football game. This is what you're supposed to do. Don't tell me you won't be smiling someday when Frost has a chance to stick another dagger in USF when they are already beaten.

If you're kicking a FG up by 30 in the last second of a game against an FCS team, that's one thing. But this is adding fuel to a really fun fire.

Reactions: jlcolvin
This is the only time we'll be in the same conference together. Expansion split us up because we offer the same regional market.

Also, whether USF has a future depends on getting big donors to fund top facilities. Even then, attendance will be too low for any P-5 caller.

UCF needs a bigger support base. That's Danny White's responsibility: to make UCF own the Central Florida market, which we are well on our way to doing (unlike USF) by supplying its professional workforce and spurring its economy. That wasn't so before Prez. Hitt arrived 24 years ago. White needs to mobilize and activate the regional, alumni, and campus communities to make UCF their identity. He's already upgraded and professionalized the coaching and AD staff by light years -- a remarkably rapid reversal. The tougher nut to crack is to make event attendance a hot ticket again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT