ADVERTISEMENT

Did Frost kick Willies ass??

There was an on-field post-game scuffle precariously near the mob of players and where the coaches met to shake hands. Frost will remember their going for a TD next time they meet (if Willie hasn't left town by then).

I don't know the details, and Frost may not have liked that, but Oregon often ran up the score on teams.

Frost wasn't the head coach and that's not his style apparently, but I hope he can get us to the point of even being able to be in a position to do so

I don't understand why UCF coaches would care. Yes, we hate them, but it is their job to score and our job to stop them. We didn't do our job.

I don't understand why UCF coaches would care. Yes, we hate them, but it is their job to score and our job to stop them. We didn't do our job.

Its called find something to complain about when you got your A$$ whipped. Don't like it, convert on 4th and its a non issue.

The poster talking about Frost will remember that. He sure will, from is office in Eugene next season. lol. UCF

Remember, this was USFs best team ever...and our 1year removed from 0fer team. I think USF has to be crapping their pants about the future.

Remember, this was USFs best team ever...and our 1year removed from 0fer team. I think USF has to be crapping their pants about the future.

Best offense ever, probably our worst defense. Hopefully everyone remembers every little thing that bugged them until next year. It will make the game that much more fun when they meet again. Until that time, you will destroy us in basketball.

Its called find something to complain about when you got your A$$ whipped. Don't like it, convert on 4th and its a non issue.

The poster talking about Frost will remember that. He sure will, from is office in Eugene next season. lol. UCF

No it's called watch football only assholes try to score with 14 seconds left. You see "the victory formation" many times a week, every week. There are few assholes in football, obviously that's all there is in your garbage dump.

PS, If Frost's office is in Eugene next year, all that means is we picked the right guy. He was able to do in weeks what poor Willie took 2 YEARS to do- win 6 games. Your dump couldn't accumulate that many wins in his first 2 years added together. And you are stupid enough to think you whipped us, pathetic.

Last edited:

He's not going to Oregon.

1) They have to fire their coach

2) Does Oregon and their fans want that same regime continuing with Frost?

3) Are they going to pay big money and put all their trust in a 1 year G5 coach with a 6-6 record??

4) Does Frost want to pick up and go
back there and to a difficult recruiting area?

Yes,, USFs first ranked and 10 win team at home and it's 31-24 in the 4th and we have the ball. Coming off 0-12 with a true freshman at QB

Our future looks brighter than theirs as they probably aren't getting another Flowers and Mack anytime soon.

Reactions: UCFan07
If it was the other way around I would want UCF going in for the touchdown too! It's one of those things if your not happy stop them from scoring. Anyways it will be used for motivation next year.

Last edited:
If it was the other way around I would want UCF going in for the touchdown too! It's on of those things if your not happy stop them from scoring. Anyways it will be used for motivation next year.
I said it when he had flowers throwing bombs at the end of the ECU game, I'll say it now, and I'll say it if Frost ever does it. This is not about respecting your opponent, it's about respecting your players. What if an UCF d-linemen made a great move and blew out Flower's ACL/MCL? What if any USF player was injured during those plays? What was the point? Its unnecessary risk and means that Willie puts his ego/resume above the safety of his players.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Why do people care if they scored with 8 seconds left "to run it up a little more". We didn't stop them....all day....period. Lose by 1, lose by 50, it's the same result, an "L". Get over it everyone. When we have a Junior QB whose got three years under his belt we'll be in a much better position than now....I know, captain obvious.

I had much more of a problem with the ECU game than with our game

What Willie did vs ECU was blatant and unnecessary. Any time a team is disrespected so badly like that, an opposing defensive player should take a cheap shot at the QB. That would stop it.

Reactions: crambone
Ironically, USF's great record is certain to trigger offers by P-5 schools, as I've mentioned. LSU might even have been interested if they weren't so racist. He should be commended for resurrecting years of pathetic performance. If Taggart leaves (or even if he doesn't) Flower's pro-stock will never be higher, especially with the success of running QBs the past few years in the NFL. Someone will risk a 3rd or 4th round pick on him to improve is passing, and we know he has a strong arm and great judgement and vision.

I don't think it was Frost, it was one of the assistants. The Defense wasn't set assuming they were going to run the clock out bc another snap wasn't needed for the clock to run out & USF rushed to the line to do it. UCF also didn't use the last TO which is another signal by the coaching staff that the white flag for the game is waved.

This is not the same as running it up Oregon style in the 2nd quarter and building a huge lead for your defense. There are even some USF fans that didn't like Willie doing that vs UCF & ECU. Jimbo Fisher would never do that.

He's not going to Oregon.

1) They have to fire their coach

2) Does Oregon and their fans want that same regime continuing with Frost?

3) Are they going to pay big money and put all their trust in a 1 year G5 coach with a 6-6 record??

4) Does Frost want to pick up and go
back there and to a difficult recruiting area?
If he goes we hire Helferich. He only had one bad season. If we can put up with two 0 win seasons, we can continue UCF fast with Helf.

Brilliant!! Of course
Helf's record at Oregon - 11-2, 13-2, 9-4, 4-8. At UCF, that means you better not have another 4-8 season during your fifth year. If Frost doesnt leave, why not offer the OC position just in case?

Helf's record at Oregon - 11-2, 13-2, 9-4, 4-8. At UCF, that means you better not have another 4-8 season during your fifth year. If Frost doesnt leave, why not offer the OC position just in case?
Technically, that would constitute a trade, with a later-to-be-named draft choice and cash.

Punt on 4th then. They did run 4 run plays in a row, it was pretty easy seeing that it was coming.

Yeah with 11 seconds to go and the clock running out I figured Willie was going to do something that no other coach in football would do. Especially since he did the same thing against ECU. Hey it's his right to do it. We don't have to stop it. It was probably for the best that we didn't try to do anything to risk injury since it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things except for Willie's ego. He will probably bail out of the conference the first chance he gets anyway so there will be no retribution next year.

Don't feel bad guys. Prior to beating Syracuse last season, USF hadn't beaten a FBS team by more than a touchdown in 1,429 days. It took Taggart 29 games to do something (beat any team by more than a TD) that Frost did 5 times this year. We can forgive him for running up the score now that he is finally able. He must have some pent up frustration to let out.

USF history is full of "close but no cigar" seasons. They win a big game but lose when it counts later in the season. They will probably lose multiple players to the draft this off-season because they aren't known to be student-athletes and go back to .500 or sub .500 season.

They remind me a lot of my father's teams at Freeport, H.S on Long Island. Flashy looking (impressive) athletes but lacking the character to put it all together for excellent seasons. Hence, the last play demonstrating even in victory they lack being bigger than the moment.

You guys gave us our first home shutout in school history, you aren't really upset about us scoring late in the game are you? The ECU game was a lot worse, we were throwing Hail Mary's at the end.

As someone already pointed out, what was the point? But USF has never been big on following reason (or trying to have class). Certainly, "The Jim" was a lunatic even with his own players.

Was another score going to give USF more points for the trophy? At least now Frost will better understand how to be prepared for this rivalry. I hope next time we win, we take a knee with seconds left on the clock. No need to follow USF' example.

I honestly think we would have done the same thing. Frost strikes me as a fiesty guy who likes things to be a bit nasty in terms of competition...especially with your rival.

It's not like they were throwing it into the endzone or they were already up but 3 touchdowns or something.

I have not problem with it.

You guys gave us our first home shutout in school history, you aren't really upset about us scoring late in the game are you? The ECU game was a lot worse, we were throwing Hail Mary's at the end.

16-0 isn't anything to brag about. You score a TD, get a on side kick and its a game all of a sudden.
I have no issue with the last second scoring. Where you were at you're practically slipping into the goal line.

16-0 isn't anything to brag about. You score a TD, get a on side kick and its a game all of a sudden.
I have no issue with the last second scoring. Where you were at you're practically slipping into the goal line.

It is when it is the only time in program history where we were shutout at home. Our offense was horrible and a field goal would have been a miracle.

It should also be noted that the RB who scored has sat behind Mack for 3 full seasons now. Not like he was a starter.

It should also be noted that the RB who scored has sat behind Mack for 3 full seasons now. Not like he was a starter.
Taggart has called D. Johnson USF's best all around Football Player

Most teams do RB by committee
As someone already pointed out, what was the point? But USF has never been big on following reason (or trying to have class). Certainly, "The Jim" was a lunatic even with his own players.

Was another score going to give USF more points for the trophy? At least now Frost will better understand how to be prepared for this rivalry. I hope next time we win, we take a knee with seconds left on the clock. No need to follow USF' example.

Good point. I doubt Frost and the staff quite understood the tension/hate between some of the players for this Natural Rivalry still in its infancy. USF no matter the record seems to have always played this game with more juice compared to the GOL UCF teams. See the near disaster 5 turnover 2013 Game when UCF was favored by 24 points.

With Frost and Taggart starting to cross paths in Recruiting battles it will make the game even more fun.

It was the lead game on SVP and Stanford Steve's 'Bad Beats' Gambling segment on Sportscenter after MNF.

Stanford Steve: "clocks running out why even run it? go shake hands"

This year was about setting a lot of scores from the drubbings we took last year. Next year, we'll have a chance to go after the elite teams from this year's AAC that we couldn't quite beat this time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT