ADVERTISEMENT

Done following UCF football...

PhDee

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2019
for this season... Congrats to Tulsa, they played hard all the way through, even after losing their Qb, their defense played great, they deserve this win. A couple of things I noticed:

1. What is up with the offensive line? Tulsa rushed 3 most the night and we couldn’t even stop them! I don’t know football that well to identify the issue, but what the f is going on with our oline?

2. Our defensive line is not big. We could not get any pressure on the QB and this has been an issue all season long. Again, I don’t know football well enough to pinpoint the problem, but I think we are just not big and strong enough.

3. Dillon shows enough signs of struggle that I thought some more play by Mack was warranted. I know Mack has things to work on, but come on, there’s no way we lose this game with Mack!! Mack has great accuracy from what I’ve seen and has size, there’s no way he shouldn’t have seen more reps. I also am not convinced Dillon is better, maybe DG has more upside, but I don’t have a doubt we could have won that with Mack

4. I was against DG running, but I’m convinced we need to see him run it just a couple times per game. Just thinking about our biggest differences between last season and this and it really comes down to Qb mobility and our d line.

Questions: seems like every team we face has a large rb. Where are ours? I’m talking about the 5 11 225 lb type guy. All of our rbs are sub 200. Where are our big ol d lineman? Several teams we’ve faced have at least 1 of the 340lb ranged players. These guys torment our oline, our heaviest starting d line man is in the 390s. We need more size on all sides of the ball. Anyways just my rant, I’m not even upset, Tulsa deserves it all, I just think we are the better team losing.

Last edited:
3. Dillon shows enough signs of struggle that I thought some more play by Mack was warranted. I know Mack has things to work on, but come on, there’s no way we lose this game with Mack!! Mack has great accuracy from what I’ve seen and has size, there’s no way he shouldn’t have seen more reps. I also am not convinced Dillon is better, maybe DG has more upside, but I don’t have a doubt we could have won that with Mack
We did lose only 40-32 to LSU and beat Memphis with Mack, so would we have won this game with Mack? Tulsa was 2-7. It would be hard to say that we would not have. He comes in for 1 play and moves the chains (and pile) for 4 yards

for this season... Congrats to Tulsa, they played hard all the way through, even after losing their Qb, their defense played great, they deserve this win. A couple of things I noticed:

1. What is up with the offensive line? Tulsa rushed 3 most the night and we couldn’t even stop them! I don’t know football that well to identify the issue, but what the f is going on with our oline?

2. Our defensive line is not big. We could not get any pressure on the QB and this has been an issue all season long. Again, I don’t know football well enough to pinpoint the problem, but I think we are just not big and strong enough.

4. I was against DG running, but I’m convinced we need to see him run it just a couple times per game. Just thinking about our biggest differences between last season and this and it really comes down to Qb mobility and our d line.

Questions: seems like every team we face has a large rb. Where are ours? I’m talking about the 5 11 225 lb type guy. All of our rbs are sub 200. Where are our big ol d lineman? Several teams we’ve faced have at least 1 of the 340lb ranged players. These guys torment our oline, our heaviest starting d line man is in the 390s. We need more size on all sides of the ball. Anyways just my rant, I’m not even upset, Tulsa deserves it all, I just think we are the better team losing.

I didn't read any of your BS, but you need to get your panties under control. Losing to a 2-7 Tulsa blows, but we're in good hands. Don't smoke crack w/Sad.

I didn't read any of your BS, but you need to get your panties under control. Losing to a 2-7 Tulsa blows, but we're in good hands. Don't smoke crack w/Sad.
And losing to Cincinnati and losing to Pitt. Where does it end? It DOESN'T! HEUP sucks! Dont get your panties in a wad. It's the truth. That's why were losing to a 2 win team in the AAC. It's getting worse not better. Lay off the Coca bro!

Need a real OC with a more imaginative playbook. Play calling has been vanilla and a head scratcher situationally at times (last 4th down play last night). Mack and Wimbush on the bench is a waste. Get them involved. Wildcat, direct snaps, something. . . .

There is a name for fans like you...Honestly, nothing wrong with that. I have plenty of friends that jump on and off it. Enjoy your break for however long that may be. I understand what you are saying and most of us watch the game because we enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, then find something else to do. Old cliche, but life is too short.

I don’t know why anyone would stop watching games of following football after you wait all offseason for football. Not a real fan

I’m not going to Tulane (although probably never was), but going to the USF game and a bowl game if it’s on a weekend or close

As far as this team, it’s now several issues

1) Penalties
2) Playcalling is too vanilla
3) The offensive line is inconsistent. Yesterday they were horrible
4) Our freshman QB gets rattled and can’t win close games or close games on the road
5) Special team miscues
6) Our Freshman QB has not demonstrated to be a dual THREAT while other dual threats are rotting on the bench

Correct. If he loses to USF, he’s a terrible coach. He won’t ever improve enough. It’s a rivalry game. If DG can’t handle it, but someone else in
Coach better understand that the game is a blood game for us fans. Outside of conference championships, that is the most important game to me and I will not accept losing. I want to run up the score and scorch them for what Genshaft and Leavitt did to us, they showed no mercy when they thought they had the world in their hands

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Heupel is afraid to run up the score. Taggart did it

What’s more important right now, pleasing the fanbase or USF???

Heupel is afraid to run up the score. Taggart did it

What’s more important right now, pleasing the fanbase or USF???
He better learn real fast after the way this season went. Honestly, I would expect USF to run up the score if and when they can, that is what makes it a blood game. Crush and demoralize each other, lol

1. What is up with the offensive line? Tulsa rushed 3 most the night and we couldn’t even stop them! I don’t know football that well to identify the issue, but what the f is going on with our online?

UCF rushing =
We did lose only 40-32 to LSU and beat Memphis with Mack, so would we have won this game with Mack? Tulsa was 2-7. It would be hard to say that we would not have. He comes in for 1 play and moves the chains (and pile) for 4 yards
Coach better understand that the game is a blood game for us fans. Outside of conference championships, that is the most important game to me and I will not accept losing. I want to run up the score and scorch them for what Genshaft and Leavitt did to us, they showed no mercy when they thought they had the world in their hands
Nope. He has absolutely no concept about what rivalry games are about, winning conferences or Natty’s. Oh wait....

Update:I'm still going to watch the rest of the season, but I'm taking a break from UCF social media and analyzing the tram, I'm just going to watch the games and take a long off season.

Always UCF fan for life. One of my favorite games was Oct 19 2002 against Toledo at the Citrus bowl. I took my father to the game. UCF lost 24 to 27 it was a great game even with the loss.. My father passed away in 2015 and I cherish that time with him. Living over 1000 miles apart we would only meet up once or twice a year.:sunglasses:

Reactions: Knight Strength
Huepel is Mark Helfrich-like -- given the keys to a Porsche, but just a slob.
This mentality is a big problem for us right now. Anyone who expected us to play for the national championship every year for the forseeable future hasn't been a UCF fan for long.

Reactions: B R Knightz2
I went away for a long time during the O'Leary era. Not gonna waste time and energy on a subpar product and football that isn't fun to watch.

I came back when Frost was hired, because I liked what he did at Oregon, and he played the kind of football I enjoyed.

I saw the warning signs with Heupel last year, even when we were winning. It's only getting worse now. I can stand to lose when we play well and are just out matched, but the issues causing us to lose right now come from the top. It's not fun to watch a poorly coached team, and that's what I'm seeing.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I don’t know why anyone would stop watching games of following football after you wait all offseason for football. Not a real fan

I’m not going to Tulane (although probably never was), but going to the USF game and a bowl game if it’s on a weekend or close

As far as this team, it’s now several issues

1) Penalties
2) Playcalling is too vanilla
3) The offensive line is inconsistent. Yesterday they were horrible
4) Our freshman QB gets rattled and can’t win close games or close games on the road
5) Special team miscues
6) Our Freshman QB has not demonstrated to be a dual THREAT while other dual threats are rotting on the bench
7) JOSH HEUPEL
8) $1 chili dogs at Sonic all day on game days
9) Dunkin Donuts using door dash.

Cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT