ADVERTISEMENT

Donnie supporters and state of both basketball programs.

pittpal

Bronze Knight
Jul 27, 2001
In the past few weeks DJ subject has come up frequently. There are a strong few who seem to think we need to give him more time. They remind us of sanctions etc. How in the he^^ can they still back him. As one person pointed out there is likely 0 more wins this year. And although BJ will help next year the future is still going to be the same.(some wins in pre-conference and bottom third in AAC.)..He must go.....And while the AD is looking for a replacement he needs a new WBB coach. I do not need to go over Joi's TERRIBLE record. Forget about number of championships she won. That was then and now is now..

I do not see anything changing with Donnie next year. Trend shows this.

McBride has not developed (or has not been developed by the coaching)...and I don't want to hear that Donnie can't stop him from eating. Donnie recruited him.

Has there really been anyone who thinks it would hurt to fire him? It would be different if he had won anything in the last 5 years. I think his best years were coaching Kirk's players.

Donnie needs another year with Tacko and his players.

Definitely the Kiddie board ... 20 threads in 10 days all saying the same thing.

I think therightknight is DJ or DJ's kid cause there is no way he needs to be here next year. Sorry, five years and barely a winning record? Yeah, let's keep giving him chances, apparently he'll turn into a superstar next year.

3-3-2016%208-33-08%20AM_zpsiyckvy40.jpg

I saw Danny White last night walking down to the floor at half time. He had some type a PINK SLIP in his hand. Seemed like he was walking over to Donnie :)

I think therightknight is DJ or DJ's kid cause there is no way he needs to be here next year. Sorry, five years and barely a winning record? Yeah, let's keep giving him chances, apparently he'll turn into a superstar next year.

Dj was thrown a curve when they told him he was going to a better conference after year 3. Its not fair for him to start over and expect to succeed when the standard has been raised.

But fine if he has to be fired then why is Danny not pulling the trigger right now.[/QUOTE]

Donnie had some good years with Kirk's recruits. Then sanctions came, but he has not shown any life since then.

I mean absolute, benefit of the doubt, Donnie could have one more year. I could see improvement with Tacko, Adonis, BJ, Chance, etc.

If McBride doesn't get super serious and lose weight, get productive...it's a waste of bench space. JMHO :)

Dj was thrown a curve when they told him he was going to a better conference after year 3. Its not fair for him to start over and expect to succeed when the standard has been raised.

But fine if he has to be fired then why is Danny not pulling the trigger right now.
[/QUOTE]

He has had three years in the new conference, not one. White is probably waiting for the season to be over. There's no point in doing that earlier. Your response is an excuse. We are UCF, not UCiF.

Not trying to defend coach, but he has gotten better every year in terms of conference play. Let's just assume for one second that he is given one more year, realistically, what would he have to do next season to be keep his job? Would say 16-14 and competitive in most losses especially against quality competition be enough to keep him? Would we need to finish in the top 4 of the American?
I would think he needs to be above .500 and stop getting blown out.

Not trying to defend coach, but he has gotten better every year in terms of conference play. Let's just assume for one second that he is given one more year, realistically, what would he have to do next season to be keep his job? Would say 16-14 and competitive in most losses especially against quality competition be enough to keep him? Would we need to finish in the top 4 of the American?
I would think he needs to be above .500 and stop getting blown out.
I think there are a lot of coaches and assistants out there that can do better. If he was going to get better that would have happened in 5-6 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT