ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Cartwright UCF President

I root for no matter who they think is a good coach for us. It’s just frustrating losing so much. If I lived in Orlando it wouldn’t be as bad. But I don’t and everyone knows I like UCF so when they lose I hear it at work and with friends. I thought we’d be good enough with KJ. Obviously not.
I'm in the heart of SEC country with more Auburn College of Engineering grads than Alabama here. Yes, I fly home (or even drive home) for the games. Trust me, I hear it too! But ... if you think Auburn fans are still blaming Gus for Freeze, let alone Harsin before that, you're reading too many Auburn article from 2019-2021.

A lot of Auburn fans would rather have 8 win seasons, and a coach that takes the blame, than sub-6 win seasons, with a coach that throws his kids under-the-bus. Because even the staunchest Auburn fans who wanted Gus fired 5 years ago are pissed at how Freeze is destroying their recruiting pipeline, because Freeze gets the exact opposite treatment (versus Gus) on social media from his former players!

More and more of them would say they'd rather have Gus back, and would be happy with 8-9 win seasons in the SEC West, with an infrequent sub-0.500, because he treates and respects the kids and parents. Auburn is going into the toilet, and it's not because of Gus. Again, stop reading articles from 2019-2021.

They now blame their own Boosters, let alone most 'Fire Gus!' people did not want Hugh Freeze! "He's the anti-Gus ... in all the wrong ways." More than one said that when Freeze was hired, and now that the Ws haven't appeared ... and Freeze has regressed in Year 2 (0-3 right now in-conference), they are realizing maybe they shouldn't be firing and hiring so much too.

Maybe Gus isn't the solution. But stop with the subjective, biased non-sense from back when Gus was about to be, or just after he was fired. Gus wasn't responsible for what happened to Harsin.

We did pretty well in the AAC, despite the literal state of the program after 2019-2020. People literally don't realize Gus had no class of his own in 2021, and did pretty good in 2022. We nearly won the AAC in 2022!

2023+ has been P4. Again, don't be unfair about this. And stop painting Huepel as a non-issue. He was. We lost to BYU by more points at the end of 2020 than all the prior games of the 4 seasons ... combined!

Heck, we lost to Memphis for the first time since we were barely I-AA/FCS (and they were I-A/FBS at the time).

I don't doubt the transfer aspect is an issue. I'm not going to deny that. But show me all the programs who aren't having issues! Even undefeated teams are having issues, and plenty of undefeated teams have 1-2 losses too ... especially in the Power conferences.

Start being objective about this.
I was against Huepel. Thinking the program was regressing significantly under him. I think i was wrong. He’s actually done a real nice job at Tennessee so maybe it wasn’t him. He was a guy who appeared to work hard and it wasn’t about himself. I’m not so sure Gus doesn’t think everything is about him. We need a more humble guy who puts UCF’s success first. Don’t have a concrete guy who that is but I don’t think a high school offense does it. Gerry Faust on steroids who got lucky with Newton

Last edited:
I think it’s easier for fans to be patient when it appears the overall trajectory is heading in the right direction. Pointing out that he got us to the AAC championship game in 2022 while also pointing out that he didn’t have a 2021 recruiting class sort of makes the point. What has he done with his own players? Now that’s it’s a Malzahn roster with his fingerprints all over it, how does it look? 2022 was still mostly Heup’s players.

I was against Huepel. Thinking the program was regressing significantly under him. I think i was wrong. He’s actually done a real nice job at Tennessee so maybe it wasn’t him
Oh, yet more hypocrisy! Gus at Auburn doesn't matter, but Heupel at Tennessee does?!

Heupel couldn't recruit the G5. I figured he'd do much better Tennessee than UCF, and he has. But he sucked for UCF recruiting, even if his play calling was good with Frost's system. He was smart and kept a lot of Frost's playbook.

He was a guy who appeared to work hard and it wasn’t about himself. I’m not so sure Gus doesn’t think everything is about him.
Seriously?! Why don't you ask players and their parents if it's all about Gus? Wow, that's not what I expected. I'm around Auburn fans, and all they have is massive praise for Gus as a person, even if many wanted him gone. Wow!

We need a more humble guy who puts UCF’s success first.
Huh?! I'm utterly not following. By that definition, O'Leary and Frost were even worst. WTF?!

Don’t have a concrete guy who that is but I don’t think a high school offense does it. Gerry Faust on steroids who got lucky with Newton
I've just got nothing.

Win/loss record IS the most objective (and only) stat that matters:

2021 9-4
2022 9-5
Wait?! Are you just making my point for me?! 9 win seasons are good, not bad.

2023 6-7
2024 3-3 heading for 3-9 or 4-8
Like TCU and Utah. So?! We're year 2, and had a major regression at QB#1.

I'll blame Gus for tolerating it. But I'm also impressed by Gus as a person, given what we know of it. BTW, speaking of other coaches, but ones that are known for throw their kids under the bus...

Auburn is 0-4 in the SEC. Heck, the only reason Mizzou fell behind is because their QB#1 went down. But once he came back, he outscored them 2 TDs to nothing.

But it's all Gus' fault at Auburn 4 years later, just like Gus forced Auburn to hire and fire Harsin. It's not because whinny fans and boosters throwing their weight around 'thought they knew better.'

Last edited:
Oh, yet more hypocrisy! Gus at Auburn doesn't matter, but Heupel at Tennessee does?!

Heupel couldn't recruit the G5. I figured he'd do much better Tennessee than UCF, and he has. But he sucked for UCF recruiting, even if his play calling was good with Frost's system. He was smart and kept a lot of Frost's playbook.

Seriously?! Why don't you ask players and their parents if it's all about Gus? Wow, that's not what I expected. I'm around Auburn fans, and all they have is massive praise for Gus as a person, even if many wanted him gone. Wow!

Huh?! I'm utterly not following. By that definition, O'Leary and Frost were even worst. WTF?!

I've just got nothing.
I was waiting for your assertion that I know nothing about Ucf football and I just came out of nowhere n u know everything That’s usually where you start.

We are talking about the present right? It’s obvious that Gus’ offense is still a high school offense that people didn’t figure out initially, but ultimately did. At Ucf, in the present, he has shown nothing that leads to the present in victories, or a trajectory that is leading to that. I know you’re around auburn (or Alabama HS students back up school ) guys, perhaps even Auburn Legacy, but that doesn’t make you the all knower. We have guys transferring in the portal, like no other institution in the country and a coach that has no idea how to teach the forward pass. If he keeps going in this trajectory , he will be historically, the worst coach in Ucf history. I hope not, because that’s a reflection on Ucf in the present, but it is maddening to watch his offense and defense and what his overall plan is. now spend the next hour critiquing everything I say. You seem a bit unhinged. Look at the best interest of Ucf n not Gus.
Look at the present my friend.

Last edited:
Wait?! Are you just making my point for me?! 9 win seasons are good, not bad.

Like TCU and Utah. So?! We're year 2, and had a major regression at QB#1.

I'll blame Gus for tolerating it. But I'm also impressed by Gus as a person, given what we know of it. BTW, speaking of other coaches, but ones that are known for throw their kids under the bus...

Auburn is 0-4 in the SEC. Heck, the only reason Mizzou fell behind is because their QB#1 went down. But once he came back, he outscored them 2 TDs to nothing.

But it's all Gus' fault at Auburn 4 years later, just like Gus forced Auburn to hire and fire Harsin. It's not because whinny fans and boosters throwing their weight around 'thought they knew better.'
You do know that a graph going down is regression, right? (And if you reply, just a simple yes or no please. I don't need 1,000 words with italics, bold, and 4 colors.)

I was waiting for your assertion that I know nothing about Ucf football and I just came out of nowhere n u know everything That’s usually where you start.

We are talking about the present right?
No. And here's the thing ... I can conceed many things when it comes to Gus. But you will give him nothing. That's why I'm objective, and you're subjective. Especially since you're asseting, although hardly alone, that spending $12-25M will always result in a net positive.

Again, you won't find many people who were screaming for Dino in 2015 willing to admit much, especially the ones that still wanted Dino over Frost, and were posting all sorts of negativity about him from Oregon, especially in 2016, his first year. Plus ...

Some of these same people are awfully quiet and suddenly 'I have no recollection' about what they said about Milton.

It’s obvious that Gus’ offences is still a high school offense that people didn’t figure out initially, but ultimately did. At Ucf, in the present, he has shown nothing that leads to the present in victories, or a trajectory that is leading to that. I know you’re around auburn (or Alabama HS students back up school ) guys,
That's what they say about UCF, versus Florida, before Gus ... well done! (sigh ... flies right back in your face)

perhaps even Auburn Legacy, but that doesn’t make you the all knower.
No it doesn't. But ...

When people post total BS, totally proven BS, and are going back to Gus articles in 2019-2021, but don't want to visit the Harsin-Freeze articles in 2024, we're going to call it out! I'm not the only one.

That's all. Stop shooting the messenger. If I catch people in a 2019-2021 Gus article that is no longer the sentiment in 2024, I'm going to call it out. And Auburn fans are going to as well. Where do you think I'm getting this?!

What happened to Harsin, and now what Freeze is doing, is not Gus' doing. That's not even debated where I'm at. But on this board? The past lives on! Gus is to blame for Freeze! As I said ... wow!

We have guys transferring in the portal, like no other institution in the country ...
And now you ... discredit yourself right there! Done! Stop making absolute statements that are totally false, and ... easily proven false!

@UCFBS's rise on the ignoramus chart is slowly approaching @LoboCane and @AuburnLegacy_1 levels.
You mean like during the pandemic? Milton? Frost? And ... Dino?! I've been here before guys. :)

But don't worry, in 3-7 years, you'll forget what you said, and might even deny it, just like @Ucfmikes et al. That's why I call them 'The Cabal.' If no one searches the archives ... did they ever say it? :)

• Dislike
Reactions: Ucfmikes
No. And here's the thing ... I can conceed many things when it comes to Gus. But you will give him nothing. That's why I'm objective, and you're subjective. Especially since you're asseting, although hardly alone, that spending $12-25M will always result in a net positive.

Again, you won't find many people who were screaming for Dino in 2015 willing to admit much, especially the ones that still wanted Dino over Frost, and were posting all sorts of negativity about him from Oregon, especially in 2016, his first year. Plus ...

Some of these same people are awfully quiet and suddenly 'I have no recollection' about what they said about Milton.

That's what they say about UCF, versus Florida, before Gus ... well done! (sigh ... flies right back in your face)

No it doesn't. But ...

When people post total BS, totally proven BS, and are going back to Gus articles in 2019-2021, but don't want to visit the Harsin-Freeze articles in 2024, we're going to call it out! I'm not the only one.

That's all. Stop shooting the messenger. If I catch people in a 2019-2021 Gus article that is no longer the sentiment in 2024, I'm going to call it out. And Auburn fans are going to as well. Where do you think I'm getting this?!

What happened to Harsin, and now what Freeze is doing, is not Gus' doing. That's not even debated where I'm at. But on this board? The past lives on! Gus is to blame for Freeze! As I said ... wow!

And now you ... discredit yourself right there! Done! Stop making absolute statements that are totally false, and ... easily proven false!
You don't to use CAPS and multi-colored text on every other sentence.

We can read.

You mean like during the pandemic? Milton? Frost? And ... Dino?! I've been here before guys. :)

But don't worry, in 3-7 years, you'll forget what you said, and might even deny it, just like @Ucfmikes et al. That's why I call them 'The Cabal.' If no one searches the archives ... did they ever say it? :)
Shocking that you are tagging me over here and fighting with other posters

Are you going to threaten to murder them too?

Time to take your mania medications.

No it doesn't. But ...

Gus is a bad coach. His offense is for high school offenses without a quarterback who can throw. He has been given everything from the administration to succeed, but has made a mess of it. Tell me that kids aren’t jumping into the portal in the middle of the season this year at a rate that is very concerning. I know you get off on believing that you know everything but facts tell otherwise.

You seem to be getting a bit unhinged. Have a good evening it’s Saturday night Enjoy

I think the most telling sign was the drop-off in our special teams. That and clock management are the quickest tells of bad coaching and the best way for a less talented team to win. Gus just isn’t putting forth his best effort because both suck arse.

Reactions: PositYourself
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT