ADVERTISEMENT

Drinking those USF Tears

I'm surprised duh*bulls fans don't come here and cut the rug with us. Like they are some of our most entertaining LOL's. Its even funnier when they come on this forum and try to spin our fun. Whatev. Can't wait for football season! Gonna be fun. Good luck USF, wish you only the best.... #sarcasm

Wow. They are absolutely DELUSIONAL over there! While bitching they deserve to be in the P5 based on a string of truly meaningless accomplishments, they downgrade their rivalry with us, despite that we've surpassed them by just about every imaginable measure. It's laughable. While they continue to struggle to put 20K in Buccaneers' Stadium every game, we're nearly sold out of our season ticket allotment and our fans are happy and proud, despite the SAME quality of competition on the field. It's akin to their recent "study" that suggested anything less than a state of the art OCS was "beneath them" and would tarnish their brand. They need to get over themselves QUICK, or they're going to continue to live in a perpetual world of disappointment. Of course, it's all VERY well-deserved. Don't you just LOVE karma!?
In the USF fanbase's defense ...

I remember a lot of our "moral victories" in the '90s that meant jack. So given the age of their program, yeah, they are basically there.

They'll still need 2 more decades to reach maturity.

They posted about this post over there. I actually went through all 38 PAGES of that thread.

I like to pick out all the woe-is-us stuff but there are several folks over there that understand the situation and tell the whiners to STFU.
Yep, there are a handful of them, and they are spot-on.

Unfortunately the others are not listening.

In the USF fanbase's defense ...

I remember a lot of our "moral victories" in the '90s that meant jack. So given the age of their program, yeah, they are basically there.

They'll still need 2 more decades to reach maturity.

Yep, there are a handful of them, and they are spot-on.

Unfortunately the others are not listening.
We had moral victories in the 1990's because we were adrift on the ocean of being an "Independent". We were basically playing for nothing....as clearly demonstrated by going 9-2 and not even getting into a Bowl game.

Notwithstanding our short stint in the MAC, which was better than being independent, we haven't had any moral victories since 2004...we won hardware and it's on display .

Reactions: Knight_Light
We had moral victories in the 1990's because we were adrift on the ocean of being an "Independent". We were basically playing for nothing....as clearly demonstrated by going 9-2 and not even getting into a Bowl game.

Notwithstanding our short stint in the MAC, which was better than being independent, we haven't had any moral victories since 2004...we won hardware and it's on display .
A few years ago I couldn't go to the UCF - USF game so I thought I would see if any of them wanted my tickets. They banned me.
Why even care or bother to engage real USF fans. The real fans are delusional and I’m guessing that the casual band wagon fan is ok. Now that I think about it is their even a difference between the two.

It seems as if many of their fans are Gator rejects. I’ll admit there was a point in time before we built our stadium when their was a noticeable amount of Gator rejects at UCF. Those times have past.

UCF is the second most popular school in the state now second to only UF. USF don’t deserve P5 status again because they are selfish retards that can’t see the forest for the trees.
They were handed P5 status and never worked a day in their lives to earn it. So when the P5 status was pulled how do they react? We see
that they have no real fans and no real
love for their school. They want everything to be handed to them just like a spoiled little kid.

UCF has to work for everything and to me at least it has made the journey more fulfilling. I’m still hoping for P5 status one day but I’m at peace as long as our fan base and athletics programs continue to grow. UCF just needs to prepared to adapt to however the collegiate landscape changes.

Go Knights! Charge on!

I don't get how all those rocket surgeons over there fail to recognize the cancer of their President's leadership is what killed the Big East. USF is why the Big East fell apart.

What is on display there is the bigger problem found in our culture. They essentially bought a Division 1 program. They are like a spoiled kid whose parents bought them a brand new Mustang for their 16th birthday. They went out and got drunk and wrecked it. Now they are 24 years old and drive late model Nissan Altima. It's a nice car but they still think they should be in a new Mustang or Lexus. In the end their entitled attitude keeps them from seeing their reality. They feel entitled to be in the ACC or SEC.

On the other hand UCF fans old and some young have experienced the blue collar hard work and sweat poured into our program. We are the kid who bought a $900 Datsun 310 hatchback with no air. We worked hard, worked out our way up and now we drive Toyota Tundra. We appreciate where we are and where we came from. We know we are not entitled to anything. Though on the national title ...well we just took it.

USF fans act like self entiteled mallenials. They need to wake up because it takes work and time to build a successful anything. In a way I feel sorry for them. They just don't enjoy the moment. They don't appreciate the struggle so when success does come , they truly don't know how sweet it is.

Just so well said, our fans, program, university have risen up through long term hard work.

As alumnus and fan, my last UCF football road trip was to Auburn in my twenties (no not the Peach Bowl darn it but Jordan Hare) and I am saddling up with the fam headed to UNC in a few weeks. Let's bring it and fill some seats! I picked up three killer seats, section 104, all for $103 with all fees at Vivid fyi...

Reactions: Knight_Fyre
The fact that they just used the Tinker Toy excuse - again - in order to not build an OC stadium tells me everything I need to know about that program. Their leadership is totally inept. These fools continue to create their own barrier to entry. This plays a significant role in preventing them from becoming a more solid "big boy" program, attracting alumni/fans who would probably love to come back to campus to tailgate, get a little nostalgic, and soak up the atmosphere. Driving across town to tailgate in a barren field outside a cavernous "home" stadium with a pirate ship in it, in (another) crappy part of town, is unappealing to casual fans.

In my opinion, the worm began to turn for UCF the day we opened that Tinker Toy stadium the morons in Temple Terrace continue to mock 11 YEARS LATER, not accepting the reality that because of our Bounce House and their continued dithering, our program actually left theirs in the dust several years ago.

When we do eventually make the move to greener pastures, I'd rather we go with another school like Cincinnati or Houston because usf will only f*ck it up. Their ignorant, vindictive president already destroyed a major conference out of spite. Why would anyone want them while she's still around, with that history and their rent-a-stadium?

They had a uniform reveal and 11 people showed up. 5 were staffers and 2 left early for the early bird special. It’s a disaster.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT