ADVERTISEMENT

Dusty May 🦉

Why is that job better than our job right now? Ohio State is 18-12 (8-11) this season, plus, he’d still coach and live in FL.

Not happening. Dawkins gets at least 1 more year. If not for money he’d be better off staying at FAU. Path is easier against USF and Memphis.

If Dusty May leave now, after signing a new contract and a new buyout after last season he's going to want a lot money.

He was a feel good story last year with performance and resigning. UCF would have to be ready to throw out more than double what they are giving Dawkins.

Why did he take the Russian out #FireDusty

He may need a fresh start in Orlando

FAU has a few good OOC wins(Arizona, Texas A&M) so they might still get in

FAU is a brand name under Dusty..committee gave them an 8 seed . Most thought it would be 11 or lower

May got a new contract and get only gets paid $1.25M a year. His buyout is only $1M. Dawkins gets paid $1.7M a year.

Dawkins has lost to USF 3 times in a row . Two of those losses to a coach that was on his death bed.

Terry extended Gus after one of the worst meltdowns in our Football Program’s history. Is he going to do the same w Dawkins after this loss? If he does it shows an athletic department that is complacent bc of the Big 12 invite . Complacency leads to decline

Dawkins has lost to USF 3 times in a row . Two of those losses to a coach that was on his death bed.

Terry extended Gus after one of the worst meltdowns in our Football Program’s history. Is he going to do the same w Dawkins after this loss? If he does it shows an athletic department that is complacent bc of the Big 12 invite . Complacency leads to decline
Very little juice right now in the athletic department and all of it is from the Big12 jump. That's essentially over next season. Gus has only provided some recruiting excitement and a mid bowl game win over UF. Basketball has been meh or worse for years since the Duke loss.

What grade would everyone give TikTok Terry for the job he's done here so far? Can't be better than a C, right?

I would totally be down to move off of Johnny and bring in either Dusty or Bucky Ball.

If we are able to bring in a coach that can really design a good offense, it will do wonders for our team.

Can't lose to USF 3 in a row.

Very little juice right now in the athletic department and all of it is from the Big12 jump. That's essentially over next season. Gus has only provided some recruiting excitement and a mid bowl game win over UF. Basketball has been meh or worse for years since the Duke loss.

What grade would everyone give TikTok Terry for the job he's done here so far? Can't be better than a C, right?
I didn’t like the Terry hire. Arky State is not what we want to emulate or poach from. Let’s see if his baseball hire is good. Other than that no other hires have been great. Women’s basketball was bad. An older lady that was an assistant and none of the players lined her enough to follow her. Volleyball was meh at best.

C or D. I saw on social media fans that think he is doing a good job. They must be blind, if they point to fundraising any AD could have done that after the Big 12 move. He has that loser Arkansas State mindset that he brought to UCF . Thank God he wasn’t UCF’s AD back in 2016.

Reactions: UCFsbarro
C or D. I saw on social media fans that think he is doing a good job. They must be blind, if they point to fundraising any AD could have done that after the Big 12 move. He has that loser Arkansas State mindset that he brought to UCF . Thank God he wasn’t UCF’s AD back in 2016.
terry was fortunate to be AD when the big 12 invite came. so some stupidly give him credit for that when all the work was done before him.

In addition Mohajir signed Baseball coach Lovelady to an extension in 2021 after a .500 season, only to fire him less than 2 years later.

Haha my best friend is the biggest UK fan and I said they should look at May.. he said that guy sucks he won’t get a better offer than fau… sounds like postit on here with the fake news
He’s a decent coach. Michigan isn’t too hard to recruit to. He’s definitely better than Howard. Howard recruited kids with bad attitudes and not caring if they won. Have to recruit kids that want to win first.

FAU basketball is now officially dead. I don't see their guys hanging around and they will portal out.
which is a shame. I sort of enjoyed them being relevant but with the gym they play in they had zero chance that he would stick around to become a FL Gonzaga. I wonder if they have any plans of building a new arena.

Reactions: Yaes
which is a shame. I sort of enjoyed them being relevant but with the gym they play in they had zero chance that he would stick around to become a FL Gonzaga. I wonder if they have any plans of building a new arena.
They were more relevant that UCF has ever been.

FAU had better options. They will go mid AAA level at best. Their AD was born on 3rd base and has no clue but to call his bro n dad up

Seems to be a dilemma for AD when you have a coach that can recruit, run a good program and is respected in their coaching community but is not getting the Ws as one would hope. They tend to get the grace to improve but there's certainly a limit. This is a time also when stepping into a P5 conference and not expected to win immediately plays into the picture.

Seems to be a dilemma for AD when you have a coach that can recruit, run a good program and is respected in their coaching community but is not getting the Ws as one would hope. They tend to get the grace to improve but there's certainly a limit. This is a time also when stepping into a P5 conference and not expected to win immediately plays into the picture.
I think there is a great expectation to still win at FAU if not their basketball facility just turns into a nice high school gym with a couple hundred in attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT