ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone wants us to lose!!

The stage for tonight is set. Time to take in the hate in from a national televised audience on free tv.

Reactions: Mikesi
Hands down, bama is the most hated team. Don't let the ESPN hype fool you.

As a fan of both schools, I can honestly say that UCF fans are light years better. I genuinely don’t like 90% of the ND fan base. It’s why I belong to a private ND message board with the other 10%. The Rivals ND board has some really terrible people. Just mean.

Reactions: adamucf and Mikesi
Miami was hated too. I think it was a combination of their swag and at times because they werent deserving. Five years before their first of five national titles, they almost thought about closing down the football program too...so they were thought of as newcomers.

I just finished reading his article on The Athetic. Then I read the comments.....hoo boy is there a lot of UCF hate out there!!! Well, at least they know who we are, thats for damn sure.

From what I read, and it's not much because of the stupidity of most of the takes, much of the "hate" comes from some lousy fan who wants to argue how we could never, ever win a game in their "insert P5 conference".

They present no facts only opinion. At that point, it's not worth reading further, There is no proof either way whether we would or would not compete in the top 1/2 of any P5 conference. But based on what I see week in and week out I believe that UCF would hold their own in each of the P5's.

I went to their board and i was accused of being Mikesi
Hahaha. I saw that. Is that what they meant?

I was accused of being Mikesi as well when I clearly wasn’t even trolling much with my stealth handle

I’m so permanently fixed in their head. I successfully proved that I was a loyal NGEBRASKA fan. They are a slick bunch, but they can be fooled.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Not really news here. Message board chatter like crazy from throughout the country. We are definitely the most hated team in college football

We are changing the narrative and each one of us has the chance to get the UCFacts out there.

I used to be one the most hated Posters on Soundoff and the Main Board. Now I’m the leading Poster of the Year candidate on Soundoff. I’m getting they UCFacts out there daily.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/why-honors-is-this-years-poty.848408/

Sure there are tons who passionately want to see UCF lose. But we have built a very strong group of supporters. Those who want an legit playoff, champion UCFs UCFight.

It’s been magical to see the transformation, my UCFriends.

Last edited:
ESPN is fully onboard the UCF train. They talk good about us, they talk bad us. All because they know people want to talk about us. They do the same with Notre Dame. They rarely talk about Bama in depth. Why? Because people are bored with Bama. What are you going to talk about?
yeah a lot of media & fans call the Bama dynasty boring but there isn't a real hate.

It seems like when Florida programs get rolling they do so with much more flare and entertainment. That rubs land grant flyover states the wrong way

"These people don't give a shit...."

Love Lee Corso (BTW, if ESPN did NOT bring up the fact he originally came to Orlando to coach the USFL's Renegades back in 1985 - and that he liked the area so much he stayed here after the league and team went under - then shame on them.)

Last edited:
Give us that P5 money and access to the CFP and we more than hold our own. We battle for conference title in every single Power 5 conference.
Its ridiculous. the narrative with TCU and Utah is struggle through the transition. Yeah Utah finished 8-5 first year after finishing 10-3 in its last year in the MWC..not quite dominating in the last year. Afterwards, four winning seasons along with Top 25 finishes including a 10 win season in 2015.

As for TCU, Andy Dalton leaves for the NFL and TCU struggles until 2014 when they finish 12-1. Three top 10 finishes.

Here's a little secret they may not know. Both teams recently struggled in the MWC too. It happens.

Not really news here. Message board chatter like crazy from throughout the country. We are definitely the most hated team in college football

It is great to be hated. That means you are really really good and others are envious and jealous. There is more chatter about UCF than Alabama which is fantastic. I remember when my team, Miami Hurricanes, were the most hated team in the USA. ... we had a great run while it lasted. Congrats on your wins and good luck and hope you win @ USF next week, your conference game and whatever team you play in a bowl.

They were talking crap about us on ESPNU radio.

Yep I heard that in the car this afternoon. At one point the guy said UCF should just stop trying cause it is pointless the way system is. Wow, what a message for kids that they should never challenge the status quo and to just give up.

Miami was hated too. I think it was a combination of their swag and at times because they werent deserving. Five years before their first of five national titles, they almost thought about closing down the football program too...so they were thought of as newcomers.

Actually, we 'Canes NEVER wanted to shut down the program. It was "Sports Illustrated" and ESPN who felt we had a rogue program and highly suggested it should be shut down. It was felt we were not deserving because the players were arrogant, showboats and taunted other teams a lot. Which was, of course, quite true. I have not seen this type behavior in the UCF players, so kudos to them.

Actually, we 'Canes NEVER wanted to shut down the program. It was "Sports Illustrated" and ESPN who felt we had a rogue program and highly suggested it should be shut down. It was felt we were not deserving because the players were arrogant, showboats and taunted other teams a lot. Which was, of course, quite true. I have not seen this type behavior in the UCF players, so kudos to them.
I was talking about the late 70s, before you hired Schnellenberger. Your program was in the dumps not because of scandal because you werent good. Then 83 rolled around, Nebraska failed the two point conversion and the rest is history.

Reactions: UCFBS
I was talking about the late 70s, before you hired Schnellenberger. Your program was in the dumps not because of scandal because you werent good. Then 83 rolled around, Nebraska failed the two point conversion and the rest is history.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I believe it was the president of the Univ. of Miami, Dr. Foote, who was a proponent of shutting down the program. The same president who gave a speech I think @ Dinner Key after our 1st NC and never once mentioned the football team. What a tool he was. He also hated Jimmy Johnson & felt threatened by him as he was so popular. I was delighted when he retired.

It is great to be hated. That means you are really really good and others are envious and jealous. There is more chatter about UCF than Alabama which is fantastic. I remember when my team, Miami Hurricanes, were the most hated team in the USA. ... we had a great run while it lasted. Congrats on your wins and good luck and hope you win @ USF next week, your conference game and whatever team you play in a bowl.
I 100% agree with this. It’s great to be hated. The Canes back then were the most hated teams in the history of college football. Who cares about everyone else? There’s an ESPN 30 for 30 about this.

It’s not like we are committing crimes. That’s what sports competition is all about. Envy and jealousy.

Reactions: UCFBS
I 100% agree with this. It’s great to be hated. The Canes back then were the most hated teams in the history of college football. Who cares about everyone else? There’s an ESPN 30 for 30 about this.

It’s not like we are committing crimes. That’s what sports competition is all about. Envy and jealousy.

I'll take being infamous over being irrelevant every day of the week and twice on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT