ADVERTISEMENT

FAU gameday experience is awful

OlearysRosacea

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 4, 2017
I have many friends who have visited UCF games. UF, FSU, UGA, Penn State, UNC etc. They all mention how fun UCF tailgating is and the games as well. After going to FAU I've gotta say they are way behind us in multiple ways and that's not sounding elitist I hope. I know it was discussed ad nauseam over the weekend but I want to emphasize the big joke it was. The stadium is nice but the rest of the night was pretty subpar. Even their campus isnt even that nice after hearing people say how nice it was and how they modeled it after UCF. I'm excited for the Stanford game and lets hope this storm in the tropics doesnt affect it.

The only silver lining is that I bought tickets extremely cheap and was able to flip them for a big profit to FAU fans. Thanks Owls!

Only RayJay '07 RayJay UCF@USF was worse. And I've been to 40+ away games over the years.

Was funny watching half of the red (FAU fans) leave the lines to get in after UCF scored a second time with most 10 minutes left in the 1st quarter.

The UCF sponsored tailgate was a great time

Glad we signed up for it

We were pleasantly surprised and the DJ/music had outsiders stopping to see what was up

Yeah the parking, stadium entrance, and concessions were pretty bad.

Couldn't agree more. I wanted to kill someone on the way in and no one knew what was going on with parking. Likewise sat at concessions watching the vendors BS for like hours while I waited and waited....

Had nice seats though that was a plus.... it was also funny that it was more of a UCF home game than a FAU homegame

Got in line at 6:15 to enter the stadium missed the first two minutes, the entry was atrocious. They had about three lines for half of the stadium. Next time we go there everyone bring an Off Road Commode and we'll show them what we think of their campus. Boca be uppity, gotta take them down a peg or two.

origin-11162.jpg

I mentioned this after the H-H deal with FIU

it doesn't feel like big time college football, it's closer to a High School experience then you also risk injuries from dirty hits.

Notice that our high profile injuries have come during games In State vs either USF or down the ladder In State Programs

Last edited:
Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
Couldn't agree more. I wanted to kill someone on the way in and no one knew what was going on with parking.
If you entered from the north side, it was over a hour. If you entered from the south side (SR-808), it only took 20 minutes.

Although people were idiots throughout both entrances.

Got in line at 6:15 to enter the stadium missed the first two minutes, the entry was atrocious. They had about three lines for half of the stadium.
We got in line before they even started letting people in at 1800. We still took 20 minutes to get through. I posted at 1815 telling everyone to get in line because they only had 2 security for ever 5 metal detectors.

FAU Understaffed - Get in the Stadium Now
https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/fau-understaffed-get-in-the-stadium-now.77113/

Event staffing is often outsourced, and it can be difficult to deal with them. USF had this same problem, only far worse, with the 2007 game.

We had probably 25K+ UCF fans go to that one. I remember because we were at the gate 75 minutes before kick off, and screaming at the single -- yes 1 -- gate security person (no metal detectors or hand scanners) who was the only person scanning tickets.

They didn't open up until 30 minutes before, and I remember it being body against body, could barely move, and it was hot. We were screaming at them from 60 down to 30 minutes before kick off to open the f'ing gates.

I totally get the anger. But that person making $9 an hour doesn’t need people screaming at him/her. They weren’t in charge of logistics and make less in a month than most of us do in a week.

Reactions: UCFBS
I totally get the anger. But that person making $9 an hour doesn’t need people screaming at him/her. They weren’t in charge of logistics and make less in a month than most of us do in a week.
We were telling her to contact her management. She said she wasn't allowed to open the gates until closer to game time, and we were trying to tell her they were going to have a real problem if they didnt'

People were almost trampled because there were so many at the gates, and no one was getting in.

Last edited:

But they can call for help can't they? Somebody HAS to be screamed at in these situations. If I don't berate the ticket scanners I'll be forced to take it out on my wife and kids.

But they can call for help can't they? Somebody HAS to be screamed at in these situations. If I don't berate the ticket scanners I'll be forced to take it out on my wife and kids.
Indeed, we were telling her to get the police. We wanted her to get the police. It was really, really bad.

I'm just glad I got in line 75 minutes until kickoff. I was at my seat at the end of the 1st quarter. I know others didn't make it until almost thalf-time.

I'm surprised RayJay wasn't fined by the Fire Marshalls. At least FAU wasn't nearly that bad, even when the lines were really long at kickoff.

Indeed, we were telling her to get the police. We wanted her to get the police. It was really, really bad.

I'm just glad I got in line 75 minutes until kickoff. I was at my seat at the end of the 1st quarter. I know others didn't make it until almost thalf-time.

I'm surprised RayJay wasn't fined by the Fire Marshalls. At least FAU wasn't nearly that bad, even when the lines were really long at kickoff.
The police weren't any help, some fans tried to get them to open one additional line and a cop ran over and shut it down. The cops are just there to stand around and collect OT.

Reactions: SwagCentral
The police weren't any help, some fans tried to get them to open one additional line and a cop ran over and shut it down. The cops are just there to stand around and collect OT.
Exactly. It was exposed for what it is.

Wow. Sounds like a complete clusterf_ck

I’m so glad that I got in line on the far side of the stadium at about 6:00. Line was about 10 deep. I never get in line that early

I feel for you guys. It’s the worst feeling driving all the way to a road game and missing a quarter and 2 TDs. Sucks

Luckily I went in the south side and got in quick. Was seated before game time. For me it was just the parking cluster**** and the concessions in the lower/deck area.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
So FAU just generally sucks at everything?

Anyone else notice how fat Lane Kiffin got? At least his face. That Boca lifestyle catching up with him. Time for a chin tuck.

Reactions: ahabmw and Ucfmikes
So FAU just generally sucks at everything?

Anyone else notice how fat Lane Kiffin got? At least his face. That Boca lifestyle catching up with him. Time for a chin tuck.
It’s ok. He can still pick up the coeds at the local clubs with his checkbook

Reactions: knight_tracker
Luckily I went in the south side and got in quick. Was seated before game time. For me it was just the parking cluster**** and the concessions in the lower/deck area.
Concessions were basically nonexistent between running out of things and the ridiculous/slow lines

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I parked at the Boca Mall had a few drinks and took an Uber to the stadium. I was in shock when I saw the line to get in. Even worse the lines moved so slow I ended up missing the first 2 touchdowns and finally got in with 2 minutes left in the first quarter. I'm not even going to get into the concession lines. They obviously never experienced a crowd like that.

I parked at the Boca Mall had a few drinks and took an Uber to the stadium. I was in shock when I saw the line to get in. Even worse the lines moved so slow I ended up missing the first 2 touchdowns and finally got in with 2 minutes left in the first quarter. I'm not even going to get into the concession lines. They obviously never experienced a crowd like that.
When we were leaving I couldn’t find a designated Uber pickup place. We ordered from a bus shelter on main campus road and when our Uber’s arrived a campus cop pulled up and threatened to give Uber driver a ticket if he picked us up. It was a shit show.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Only RayJay '07 RayJay UCF@USF was worse. And I've been to 40+ away games over the years.

Was funny watching half of the red (FAU fans) leave the lines to get in after UCF scored a second time with most 10 minutes left in the 1st quarter.
Guess they should have thought through burning a Knight on their campfire!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT